• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed: Payback revealed (NFS: Fast & Furious, Nov 10, PC/PS4/XB1) [Trailer]

wetalo

returns with a vengeance

Heh, I remember the last game that was marketed with that tagline!

Far_Cry_Vengeance_-_Box_Front.jpg

KdotIX

Man, who are the devs behind this?

I understand none of the NFS entries had a good story, but this sounds bad. "Fortune Valley", "Tyler", "Mac", "Wheelman", "Showman"... Come on EA...

What have the sales been like for NFS titles lately?

How EA keeps thinking narrative based racing is the right direction for this series is increasingly a mystery to me. Is there really consumer feedback that exists that's like "More story. Arcade racing needs more story. Definitely."? Really strange.

I'd rather have some narrative than nothing, otherwise the game would bore me to death.

The narrative is the only thing that makes me interested in the game at the moment. It's why I replayed FH1 twice. The lack of a narrative is the reason I lost interest in FH3 as quickly as I did.

All the people questioning the story are heathens. The stupid story and cheesy cutscenes were one of the best things about all the game from Underground up until Carbon. Those games would have been pretty forgettable if not for the fact they wanted badly to make a video game Fast and Furious series.

If this missions and driving are good this could be promising. Honestly since Stuntman I've wanted more driving games with weird objectives.

All the people questioning the story are heathens. The stupid story and cheesy cutscenes were one of the best things about all the game from Underground up until Carbon. Those games would have been pretty forgettable if not for the fact they wanted badly to make a video game Fast and Furious series.

Honestly, I felt like The Crew took the crown from NFS in the so-bad-it's-good shitty story department. Only thing NFS had over it was the live action cutscenes that made you long for the days when Command & Conquer was still a thing.

Looking forward to seeing what this is all about, but I think I'm gonna wait until the reveal for The Crew 2 before figuring out how we settle things on the road.

Akai__

Yeah... No...

The best part about the Underground games was actually the crazy amount of customization, the broad selection of race types, the awesome selection of cars, the atmosphere of the city in Underground 2 and the perfect handling of cars. Couldn't have been better.

Can't imagine that many people can even recall the cheesy cutscenes. Underground 2 cutscnenes were also held in comic form.

Yep. I'm out.

Top Bottom