• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed (2017) full reveal tomorrow

jdstorm

Banned
I don't understand what's wrong with that description. Missions and car heists as opposed to boring repetitive races around a circuit? Sign me up

Honestly. There isnt really anything wrong with it. Its just that EA and NFS dont have the best track record recently so its easy to make a few cheap jokes at their expense.

If it embraces the campy aspect of "The House Always Wins" line as if it were straight out of a Schwarzenegger or Stallone 80s action film, it could be really good.

ty_hot

why cant they just do a great arcade racer with fast cars
why do they include all this bs in the game
why
tell me
why

After Rivals and the "reboot" my expectations are already rock bottom, that did nothing to raise them.
But rivals was good, 2015 was trash
How hard can it be to make a sequel to Hot Pursuit? It was there best-selling game of the decade at 5+ million copies, yet they somehow always try not to do anything like that game again. Are they just stupid or ignorant? They are still chasing that 8+ million NfS Underground success they will never achieve again.
Agreed, hp 2010 is great, they built on that concept with rivals but I feel open world nature harmed it. What I really want is forza horizon with hp2010 car handling
All I want from a NFS game is for the cars to not drive like tanks and for the game to actually have a half decent soundtrack but as per usual I have zero hopes for this as the last acceptable NFS game IMO was NFS:Most Wanted which is now 5 years old.

Also Ghost Games are the ones making this new NFS, the same Devs who made NFS (2015) and Rivals.
Rivals cars do not control like tanks at all, 2015 however do

willbsn13

NFS Payback sounds interesting. The description kinda sounds eh to me, but I guess we'll see how it looks in a hour. Visually I expect it to be stunning (NFS 2015 was gorgeous) but I'm most concerned about the handling, which was by far the worst part of 2015.

Does anybody know how well 2015 sold?

Z3AcG7w.jpg

bwaha

Lgndryhr

I would get an XB1 S if Horizon 3 wasn't on PC and FM7 wasn't also coming to PC. I played Horizon 1 and 2 on 360 and honestly, PS4 only racing fans are missing out big time.

I'm pretty salty at how the PS4 is pretty non-existent when it comes to racers. After getting platinum in Driveclub, NFS2015 and playing some Project Cars, I just gave up on the genre.

My PC is too old to play those titles and wanted the Gears special edition Xbone too so it worked out for me.

I am too. I am almost at that point of giving up on that genre for the PS4. I am hopeful for the new Gran Turismo, but no clue when it will ever come out.

But rivals was good, 2015 was trash

Agreed, hp 2010 is great, they built on that concept with rivals but I feel open world nature harmed it. What I really want is forza horizon with hp2010 car handling

Rivals cars do not control like tanks at all, 2015 however do

Not the PS3 version, it ran like ass especially after an update IIRC. Then you had the frequent connection drops because of P2P hosting if playing online and even if you changed it to "single player" or whatever it was you still couldn't pause the stupid thing. I never enjoyed it as much as I did MW2012 or especially HP2010, didn't care for how the cars felt either and NFS2015 made it even worse from the limited amount of time I spent with it.

Top Bottom