• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed (2017) full reveal tomorrow

Rellik

Please have the two of the most fearsome characters return.

H3SBQw9.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Back when NFS was good.

It's small, but I'm actually really happy they included the local time for Sydney in the image.

I'm keen for this game. I really enjoyed their last game despite it being online.

Hairsplash

Shameful!! A fast and the furious knockoff!...

(Yes, i know that NFS came first, but you know "speed kills", lol... )

I tried the last one. Hated it. Barely did any racing because of the ridiculous overlong videos. Gave up after an hour. If they get back to basics I'll try again. But that's a big if.

kaskade

I guess they get these announcements out of the way before e3 so they can do the on stage demos. I kinda miss the reveal trailer then gameplay demo one two a bit though.

Gestault

Hoping like heck they get a handling system that feels a little more universal and a lot less hand-holdey. Their visual presentation always hits the right notes, it's just been handling/game-structure/service-connection that gunks up the fun.

Tunned

Carbon was the nfs game that froze the most on me. I was on ps2.

I played on PC, so I don't remember much issues, but Carbon was the beginning of the downward spiral for NFS, it was nowhere as good as Most Wanted.

I really want this to be a good NFS game, i've been waiting forever!

Fucking A Right On

Passed on NFS last outting, but I will seriously consider this one.

The graphics can look sick as hell but if the gameplay feels off, there's no chance I buy it. Hoping for a demo prior to launch.

strafer

I played on PC, so I don't remember much issues, but Carbon was the beginning of the downward spiral for NFS, it was nowhere as good as Most Wanted.

I really want this to be a good NFS game, i've been waiting forever!

It was a hell of a lot better than the game that came after, Undercover, now that game was bad, really really bad.

Carbon is a masterpiece compared to that.

Tunned

It was a hell of a lot better than the game that came after, Undercover, now that game was bad, really really bad.

Carbon is a masterpiece compared to that.

Could not agree more. I actually mentioned that and then deleted it :p

mreddie

Really.. I guess I didn't see anything in the promos for it then. Or did they do DLC?

It's in the actual game, you buy it stock and the body kit and vinyl get unlocked later.

And oh god, Undercover, my first big disappointment last gen

mreddie

Comparing 2015 vs. 2005 FMVs, 2005s had cheese but they had a charm to them, Razor and Cross were assholes but you connected with them. At least they did things.

KodaRuss

Maybe they will reveal that it is actually a burnout game and everyone will buy it. /s

Ill check it out but it is going to have to do a lot for me to buy it most likely.

Lgndryhr

I am hesitant with all new NFS entries. After Carbon, it has been hit or miss. Prostreet was not very good based on the demo. Undercover and The Run were terrible. Shift was interesting, but not NFS to me. Hot Pursuit in 2010 and Most Wanted in 2012 was fun. Rivals was okay, but not great. The reboot in 2015 was terrible.

Makikou

I am hesitant with all new NFS entries. After Carbon, it has been hit or miss. Prostreet was not very good based on the demo. Undercover and The Run were terrible. Shift was interesting, but not NFS to me. Hot Pursuit in 2010 and Most Wanted in 2012 was fun. Rivals was okay, but not great. The reboot in 2015 was terrible.

I really liked Rivals for whatever reason. Ended up platinuming it and had a lot of fun. The Koenigsegg Agera R/Police was an amazing car.

Wiped89

Ghost Games

Phew. Mostly ex Criterion staff there. I mean, NFS 2013 and 2015 were nowhere near the Criterion peak (Burnout Paradise, NFS Hot Pursuit and NFS Most Wanted) but I love racing games and they retained just enough of the old Criterion to keep me playing.

Fingers crossed they iron out the problems 2015 had (though I still platinumed that game lol). It will be a lot harder to play a mediocre NFS after Forza Horizon 3.

drotahorror

Prepare to be disappointed, most games since Underground 2002/2003) have been open world and I don't expect this to be any different.
I would love if they made more games in the same vein as the Criterion developed NfS, I loved those two titles

Guess you didn't get the memo. Criterion is basically Ghost Games.

I thought Rivals was good though. Very fun open world, and I typically hate open-world games. Just add ramps and open-world racers turn into fun for me. Not to mention it had a nice variety of scenery and was condensed pretty well.

KRaZyAmmo

Phew. Mostly ex Criterion staff there. I mean, NFS 2013 and 2015 were nowhere near the Criterion peak (Burnout Paradise, NFS Hot Pursuit and NFS Most Wanted) but I love racing games and they retained just enough of the old Criterion to keep me playing.

Fingers crossed they iron out the problems 2015 had (though I still platinumed that game lol). It will be a lot harder to play a mediocre NFS after Forza Horizon 3.
I hear that. I put a lot of hours into fh3 and can't stop playing.

I haven't played one of these since ProStreet (don't even know how many there have been since then...) - didn't even finish it back then, but I did enjoy it a lot. The car customization is always fantastic. Maybe I'll bite!

Top Bottom