• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog new Game, Code name Paradox

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
pskdKeWm_o.jpg
that's a lot of dick hair

Sounds a little too creative for Naughty Dog outside of TLOU gameplay :messenger_grinning_sweat:

The idea sounds good, but I don't see Sony, and even less ND, making a game with two (white?) male brothers scorting a girl nowadays.

Unless they are gay, trans or non-binary or something like that. I think ND future few next game will have non-white female protagonists. And pretty likely non-heterosexual too.

Edit: I took some extra "leaked screenshots" (fake AI pictures I just made) for you:
OIG.mH0P0RvIQLLe9FKJUOqc

OIG.pjOYzwMkpGbaloUlLrIH

OIG.9t3iRJQOfLEgWSUK3RGH

To be honest that top image looks interesting in a AAA play on War of the Worlds kinda way

Another post-apocalyptic world? It's gonna be fake.

I also don't buy ND are remotely close to a new game let alone a new IP.

Didn't last of us 2 release in 2020? I can see them shipping a new game late 2025. That would be 5 years after their last game. Pretty normal for big budget AAA sony games. Didn't druckmann mention this new game last year? It's already been In development for a while.

Last edited:
Speaking of uncharted, where the hell is it? Wasn't there supposedly a new studio built just to make a new uncharted game? Maybe it was fake rumours but I highly doubt sony are done with uncharted when it's one of their biggest games.
No that's definitely more or less confirmed at this point. The original rumor was a San Diego based studio. Obviously it's all still under wraps but Playstation did put that teaser of Cassie (Drake's daughter) in that one live action trailer they made around half a year ago.

I'm one of the Uncharted experts around here and personally I would love to see prequel territory explored more like Golden Abyss.

Regardless of which Uncharted game you play, you know that Drake will never die of course, as that's not what it's about.

The fun of it is seeing the journey to it's conclusion and what twists and turns happen along the way. I want Eddie Raja and Drake back as a tag team duo.

Last edited:

Majormaxxx

No that's definitely more or less confirmed at this point. The original rumor was a San Diego based studio. Obviously it's all still under wraps but Playstation did put that teaser of Cassie (Drake's daughter) in that one live action trailer they made around half a year ago.

I'm one of the Uncharted experts around here and personally I would love to see prequel territory explored more like Golden Abyss.

Regardless of which Uncharted game you play, you know that Drake will never die of course, as that's not what it's about.

The fun of it is seeing the journey to it's conclusion and what twists and turns happen along the way. I want Eddie Raja and Drake back as a tag team duo.
Prequel would be perfect, although we'd miss Elena...

Prequel would be perfect, although we'd miss Elena...
True, you could always throw in some cameo's of her like Drake watching her show on TV or something like they set up at the end of the Eye of Indra motion comic.

But I loved Marissa Chase in Golden Abyss. I thought having her not want to shoot guns was an awesome character trait. Made for some hilarious interactions. And I didn't miss Elena at all.

Plus now that we have Sam, he can be in there if there are any segments before Drake turns 23 which is when they are at the Panamanian jail in U4.

I'd also love to explore Drake's mother. Hell, rip off Tomb Raider even further. lol

Last edited:

Majormaxxx

True, you could always throw in some cameo's of her like Drake watching her show on TV or something like they set up at the end of the Eye of Indra motion comic.

But I loved Marissa Chase in Golden Abyss. I thought having her not want to shoot guns was an awesome character trait. Made for some hilarious interactions. And I didn't miss Elena at all.

Plus now that we have Sam, he can be in there if there are any segments before Drake turns 23 which is when they are at the Panamanian jail in U4.

I'd also love to explore Drake's mother. Hell, rip off Tomb Raider even further. lol
Those are all great points with one exception. Sam is obnoxious. We need the main protagonists to be likeable. Sully, Elena, Chloe, etc all likeable.

Those are all great points with one exception. Sam is obnoxious. We need the main protagonists to be likeable. Sully, Elena, Chloe, etc all likeable.
Lmao. No worries dude I wasn't that big a fan of him either. I would have preferred him as the evil brother played by Todd Stashwick but of course Druckman has to fuck with the story so all of the original U4 actors left.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Or someone who wants to push back against the silly narrative that Sony is abandoning SP games for GaaS.

Either way, there's no argument that this reveal would have been able to make a much bigger impact in an announcement made in an official capacity, e.g. State of Play.

I blame Jim Ryan. Dude hates talking about video games. And he hates his teams talking about them too.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Another post-apocalyptic world? It's gonna be fake.

I also don't buy ND are remotely close to a new game let alone a new IP.

Neil Druckmann Confirms He Is Writing and Directing Naughty Dog’s New IP​

Untitled-design-1-50x50.jpg
VALERIE ANNEAugust 26, 2023, 12:02 PM

Mmm, other than the story, this doesn’t sound very ND to me, so you can put me in the ‘believe it when I see it’ camp.
Naughty Dog have done Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Daxter, Uncharted and The Last Of Us. They couldn't be more different from each other and i realyl don't think they have a style.

They make good looking games. And, their mp for U4 was good. For lou1 it was pay to win with stupidly op paid weapons. I bet factions failed because of schemes to make it even more predatory than lou1mp
The UC4 MP is the last good thing they made. It’s my most played game ever. The SP was kinda shite though. And it went further downhill from there.

Majormaxxx

The UC4 MP is the last good thing they made. It’s my most played game ever. The SP was kinda shite though. And it went further downhill from there.
I feel the SP wasn't shite exactly but although beautiful, it COMPLETELY missed a few things from U1-3.

1. the sense of exhilarating fun, non-stop action and a roller-coaster ride.

2. The replayability and pacing. They made the game a different genre. OG games were not so introspective and not so slow. I used to replay the trilogy back to back. U4 can be replayed but after a few years...

3. Likability. Sam was an ahole. Elena was a nag. These things might be realistic but don't make the game better. The super woman antagonist didn't help either. This trend would be further explored in the unfortunate lou2...

As for the mp, I had hours of fun! It was honestly great..

YukiOnna

I feel the SP wasn't shite exactly but although beautiful, it COMPLETELY missed a few things from U1-3.

1. the sense of exhilarating fun, non-stop action and a roller-coaster ride.

2. The replayability and pacing. They made the game a different genre. OG games were not so introspective and not so slow. I used to replay the trilogy back to back. U4 can be replayed but after a few years...

3. Likability. Sam was an ahole. Elena was a nag. These things might be realistic but don't make the game better. The super woman antagonist didn't help either. This trend would be further explored in the unfortunate lou2...

As for the mp, I had hours of fun! It was honestly great..
I wish I got to see the original U4. I enjoyed it and still think it's solid, but its style and tone were definitely different and not in a better way. Also, will forever be salty they decided to just end it. Not sure if that was the original plan.

Not really interested in Druckmann led New IP or current ND, all the focus on fun feels like it disappeared

It's fake.
ND will not risk with new IP. Their next game is TLOU3
Uncharted will be developed by another studio. Neil D just don't like the franchise.
New IP? Maybe! But after TLOU3 Stand alone DLC

Top Bottom