• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Review... Lord of The Rings: Gollum

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Hi Neogaf friends!!!!

Video games have always been my main hobby, and I love the world around me.

I like to experience any game that is available, I have known too many video games and I know many games on each console and PC.

So, I have seen the analyzes of LOTR Gollum, that even magazines like Meristation were unable to finish it, due to the errors and bad reviews...Or because video game journalists are incompetent idiots

So, since I am a persevering person, who has a strong mind and as a video game expert, I made the decision to try it for myself...

That is to say, I have tried many Horrible games such as, Friday the 13th NES, Back to the Future Part II and III NES, Mario is Missing SNES, ALIEN VS PREDATOR SNES, Aero the acrobat 2, Cacoma knight SNES, Yoshi story N64, War Gods N64 Clayfighter 63 1/3, The walking dead Survival Instinct, Destiny 2 PS4, Project cars 2 ps4....

Anyway... I said to myself, what's the worst that could happen?

images

And indeed, LOTR Gollum is crap in epic proportions.

Seriously, I wanted to see something positive about the video game, at least give credit to the Development team, but this video game has nothing redeemable, it's crap, to begin with, the same tutorial mission you will know how heavy the game will be, with controls that do not respond adequately and a selection of Graphic type on ps5 that does not vary much, the game covers 60% in a prison.... 60%!!!!! There is no variation in the orcs, the story at the beginning in the form of an interrogation is interesting, but as each chapter of the game passes it is nonsense.

643882_1330x670.jpg

Basically the video game is climbing some poorly designed structures, going to a checkpoint, getting off that climb, returning and climbing again... all a torture, and this... due to the bad design of the game, it is so poorly done . , that not even the Guide button indicates the correct path to follow, you literally have to guess which wall is climbable, because the crappy game does not give you indications of knowing which floor you can climb and which you cannot...

the-lord-of-the-rings-gollum-preview-screenshots_2cgx.jpg

And seriously, since chapter 3 I wanted to abandon the game, so it was difficult for me to continue, because of how boring it is... and the worst thing is that apart from the boring, they give you a series of breaks in the game, the The characters are not interesting, the story is silly, one moment you are allied with the antagonists, and the next moment you ally yourself with the elves, but out of nowhere... they chase you and then you can walk with them... WTF?? ??

There are ridiculous moments when the Game over message appears, due to the fact that an Elf saw you, but less than 2 minutes pass and you are surrounded by friendly elves.... WHAT?

And in addition to being boring and incoherent... because the game has stupid situations, like the fact of this scene, which cost me a save data because in this specific level where you have to follow the cruel Queen, the file It corrupts your game, luckily I had PS Plus so that wasn't an obstacle...

The graphics are bad, the character designs are ugly, there is a moment when a female elf speaks like a man and vice versa...

It has a squeaky sound Bug that I had to turn off my steelseries arctis nova pro headphones, Incomprehensible Bugs, like skipping a Cutscene, Subtitles that don't change and stay frozen, the orcs chase you walking underwater.... Checkpoints that you fall into the void of nothingness....

Ahh and the decisions, which are useless, do not give variety to the video game... the discussions of Smeagol and Gollum that the mechanics are useless.

8-1-1920x1080.jpg

Furthermore, the game has stupid and meaningless puzzles, like raising a bird, having to form a figure from a rune... but at worst this crappy puzzle where you have to do a ritual... seriously, it's an epic nonsense. , poorly designed... because even if you gave the correct answer, you have to get all the objects to progress... seriously???

Also the AI is too dumb, you can run and jump... and the enemies won't react quickly, you can kill an orc in front of the enemies and it won't react and the NPC AI is dumb too, that even if you get in the way of their path when walking, they will freeze.

Anyway...

My consolation prize is that I finished a game that not even this page was capable of doing.

My rating is -50!!!!

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

19bae6d68ef1dc0c286edff461f77f82570ea2916efbedd7.jpg

My feelings about the game is...

tumblr_miafchyynQ1rpdblno1_500.gif

After finishing the video game, I deleted it immediately.

I will proudly have the trophy, due to my perseverance in ending such a garbage.

Last edited:

Jesb

You guys ever notice a trend how a lot of the games that are first announced before the systems release that they end up being terrible games….

hemo memo

Gold Member
There should be a category of games that you actually get paid to play. Can you imagine someone not only paying full price for this at release but also wasting their time finishing it which is more valuable.

Heimdall_Xtreme

There should be a category of games that you actually get paid to play. Can you imagine someone not only paying full price for this at release but also wasting their time finishing it which is more valuable.
In fact... Even the cover art is a hoax, the appearance of Sauron's eye or whatever...

That eye only appears in a crappy way for only 20 seconds in the video game...

Even the Nazgûl are poorly made and they are robotic when they are ''Looking for'' you.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Hi Neogaf friends!!!!

Video games have always been my main hobby, and I love the world around me.

I like to experience any game that is available, I have known too many video games and I know many games on each console and PC.

So, I have seen the analyzes of LOTR Gollum, that even magazines like Meristation were unable to finish it, due to the errors and bad reviews...

So, since I am a persevering person, who has a strong mind and as a video game expert, I made the decision to try it for myself...

That is to say, I have tried many Horrible games such as, Friday the 13th NES, Back to the Future Part II and III NES, Mario is Missing SNES, ALIEN VS PREDATOR SNES, Aero the acrobat 2, Cacoma knight SNES, Yoshi story N64, War Gods N64 Clayfighter 63 1/3, The walking dead Survival Instinct, Destiny 2 PS4, Project cars 2 ps4....

Anyway... I said to myself, what's the worst that could happen?

images

And indeed, LOTR Gollum is crap in epic proportions.

Seriously, I wanted to see something positive about the video game, at least give credit to the Development team, but this video game has nothing redeemable, it's crap, to begin with, the same tutorial mission you will know how heavy the game will be, with controls that do not respond adequately and a selection of Graphic type on ps5 that does not vary much, the game covers 60% in a prison.... 60%!!!!! There is no variation in the orcs, the story at the beginning in the form of an interrogation is interesting, but as each chapter of the game passes it is nonsense.

643882_1330x670.jpg

Basically the video game is climbing some poorly designed structures, going to a checkpoint, getting off that climb, returning and climbing again... all a torture, and this... due to the bad design of the game, it is so poorly done . , that not even the Guide button indicates the correct path to follow, you literally have to guess which wall is climbable, because the crappy game does not give you indications of knowing which floor you can climb and which you cannot...

the-lord-of-the-rings-gollum-preview-screenshots_2cgx.jpg

And seriously, since chapter 3 I wanted to abandon the game, so it was difficult for me to continue, because of how boring it is... and the worst thing is that apart from the boring, they give you a series of breaks in the game, the The characters are not interesting, the story is silly, one moment you are allied with the antagonists, and the next moment you ally yourself with the elves, but out of nowhere... they chase you and then you can walk with them... WTF?? ??

There are ridiculous moments when the Game over message appears, due to the fact that an Elf saw you, but less than 2 minutes pass and you are surrounded by friendly elves.... WHAT?

And in addition to being boring and incoherent... because the game has stupid situations, like the fact of this scene, which cost me a save data because in this specific level where you have to follow the cruel Queen, the file It corrupts your game, luckily I had PS Plus so that wasn't an obstacle...

The graphics are bad, the character designs are ugly, there is a moment when a female elf speaks like a man and vice versa...

It has a squeaky sound Bug that I had to turn off my steelseries arctis nova pro headphones, Incomprehensible Bugs, like skipping a Cutscene, Subtitles that don't change and stay frozen, the orcs chase you walking underwater.... Checkpoints that you fall into the void of nothingness....

Ahh and the decisions, which are useless, do not give variety to the video game... the discussions of Smeagol and Gollum that the mechanics are useless.

8-1-1920x1080.jpg

Furthermore, the game has stupid and meaningless puzzles, like raising a bird, having to form a figure from a rune... but at worst this crappy puzzle where you have to do a ritual... seriously, it's an epic nonsense. , poorly designed... because even if you gave the correct answer, you have to get all the objects to progress... seriously???

Also the AI is too dumb, you can run and jump... and the enemies won't react quickly, you can kill an orc in front of the enemies and it won't react and the NPC AI is dumb too, that even if you get in the way of their path when walking, they will freeze.

Anyway...

My consolation prize is that I finished a game that not even this page was capable of doing.

My rating is -50!!!!

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

19bae6d68ef1dc0c286edff461f77f82570ea2916efbedd7.jpg

My feelings about the game is...

tumblr_miafchyynQ1rpdblno1_500.gif

After finishing the video game, I deleted it immediately.

I will proudly have the trophy, due to my perseverance in ending such a garbage.

Who would you rather bang? Gollum or that gravity bitch?

Tough question I know

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

Heimdall_Xtreme

Another strange fact that I found is that...

Gandalf is only mentioned as... 'Wizard'.... Then the bad guys like 'Cruel queen' or the bad elf like... 'Cruel elf' '....

How strange...
They had no imagination or they had problems in putting the official names or what do I know...

PSYGN

Another strange fact that I found is that...

Gandalf is only mentioned as... 'Wizard'.... Then the bad guys like 'Cruel queen' or the bad elf like... 'Cruel elf' '....

How strange...
They had no imagination or they had problems in putting the official names or what do I know...

Probably couldn't afford it. The best they could afford was probably Gollum. LOTR franchise probably won't let them ever touch any LOTR character anymore (if their studio hasn't closed down yet).

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Probably couldn't afford it. The best they could afford was probably Gollum. LOTR franchise probably won't let them ever touch any LOTR character anymore (if their studio hasn't closed down yet).
Maybe that's the reason... Although if they mention Aragon... They should have used this character.

kiphalfton

I have this same mentality (give games the benefit of the doubt).

However, I'm no longer a young kid and don't have time to throw away.

After Callisto Protocol, I just don't have it in me to play games people have unanimously panned.

Top Bottom