• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muckraking Tabloid Journalist Jason Schreier upset at a new game studio "Lacking Diversity in 2021"

JWhiskey

Neo Member
I was going to tweet him that as a true "investigative" "journalist" he would be able to provide some numbers of the qualified women who were turned away because they weren't men...

Turns out he has me blocked because of a single Subzero fatality gif I tweeted over two years ago, as a response to another person using his own words to show how much of a hypocrite he was.

Dude lives in such a self made bubble.

Oh gosh, I hope he blocks me. Off I go, folks!

For reference, here is my comment:

XqKIJLm.png

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
How do you know they lack diversity? You know nothing about them

or is diversity just code word for "employ black women" or something?

Come on... we're well past the point of beating around the bush with this shit. Diversity today only means "anything not white," but especially "anything not white straight male."

Background, experience, beliefs, culture, etc. none of that nonsense matters. Just skin color, gender, and sexual orientation.

Last edited by a moderator:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
He reminds me of the woman who plays Captain Marvel, and how she went on about the importance of diversity....in film criticism. What? That's where we need more diversity? In the field of film criticism? How is that important?

These people want to feel like they are activists so they pull shit out of thin air within their chosen industry, because it's something they're connected to. I wonder if garbage men will call for more diversity as well. Let's get some more women up in here cleaning trash. Why? I dunno.

Corndog

Banned
lol what the fuck has happened to jason schreier.
he needs to spend some time away from the internet. between this and bragging about how he knew about the abuse at blizzard and didn't say a thing, he's turned into a fucking idiot and somehow become cocky about it. There's nothing worse than people arrogant about being wrong.
He’s always been this way. It isn’t new.

LRKD

Isn't it racist to imply a group of white men can't be diverse? Some of them could come from Africa, or from rich backgrounds, or poor backgrounds. I'm sure despite them all having similar skin tones, and all being male, they all have different experiences that will help bring a diverse mindset in creativity, and thoughts.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Back in the day I used to have a podcast that was just two dudes. It was good. Then we added a woman. It got exponentially better

lol how does he not see how patronizing this comes across? How has no woman on Twitter called him out on this yet.

NickFire

"Different perspecitves are important........but anyone that disagrees with me and I'll block them!". Some word class mental gymnastics from this soy dumpster.
Some people moved really fast from "starting important conversations" to denying a voice to anyone who would converse with a differing viewpoint.

Anyway, criticizing people over immutable characteristics is wrong and he should be ashamed of himself for this. No matter how much bullying he suffered it does not give him justification to bully other people like this. Shame on him and I hope he is not teaching his children that bullying is right, but with him publicly posting tweets like this you have to wonder.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
E8hGewWXoAgiSz8

THAT'S NOTORIOUSLY normal.
Yep. Especially in this industry. My Computer Engineering major had 1 girl total. We started off at around a 100 students with maybe 5 girls and by the time we graduated, there were like 30 male and 1 female student left. Had to take a few Computer Science courses and while they had a few more girls, it was still 95% men.

This is just how this industry is. Girls dont give a shit about programming. They dont give a shit about games. All my friends were in business or medical majors and girls were everywhere in those majors. it was like 2:1 in some classes.

I go to my dentist and everyone there is female. The receptionists. The Dental Hygenists. 2 of the 3 Dentists are women. Do they need diversity? Nearly 90% of all nurses are female. Should Jason call them out?

This is insanity.

If you advertise for a nurse, 95% of the applicants will be women. If you advertise for a bricklayer 95% of the applicants will be men.
and the male nurse gets ton of action on the side too!
Yep. Especially in this industry. My Computer Engineering major had 1 girl total. We started off at around a 100 students with maybe 5 girls and by the time we graduated, there were like 30 male and 1 female student left. Had to take a few Computer Science courses and while they had a few more girls, it was still 95% men.

This is just how this industry is. Girls dont give a shit about programming. They dont give a shit about games. All my friends were in business or medical majors and girls were everywhere in those majors. it was like 2:1 in some classes.

I go to my dentist and everyone there is female. The receptionists. The Dental Hygenists. 2 of the 3 Dentists are women. Do they need diversity? Nearly 90% of all nurses are female. Should Jason call them out?

This is insanity.

I'm in Canada, the federal gvt' decided to PAY girls to get diplomas in traditionally masculine fields (the physical jobs)... we have not seen numbers yet, but I suspect it does not matter much.

Also, there are government jobs where you should not bother applying if you are a white male, they have representation quotas where they need to "catch up" for past years... and they have sections reserved to "new comers" in jobs posting at all level of government here.

Believe me, those who are hired to represent know that their job is representation and they can't be fired for anything else.

Last edited:

Vae_Victis

Banned
A scary percentage of nerdy white American men who are obsessed on Twitter with diversity and radical social justice and seem to make it the pivot of their whole personality turn out to be sex creeps of some description. If you exclude the ones who only fake it in the hope to get laid with a leftist chick, the ratio goes drastically higher.

Can't wait for the inevitable leak in the next 5-10 years where we find out he either molested some 16 y.o. at an event, or is part of some hidden Discord of dog fuckers sharing pictures and videos of bestiality.

MrA

A scary percentage of nerdy white American men who are obsessed on Twitter with diversity and radical social justice and seem to make it the pivot of their whole personality turn out to be sex creeps of some description. If you exclude the ones who only fake it in the hope to get laid with a leftist chick, the ratio goes drastically higher.

Can't wait for the inevitable leak in the next 5-10 years where we find out he either molested some 16 y.o. at an event, or is part of some hidden Discord of dog fuckers sharing pictures and videos of bestiality.

anyone else think he looks a lot like Jared Fogle

TheUsual

Gold Member
Reading some of those Tweet responses demanding POC and or women on the team is crazy. Reads as they want the token individual quota so they can feel special aboutselves. So so selfish.

Top Bottom