• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muckraking Tabloid Journalist Jason Schreier upset at a new game studio "Lacking Diversity in 2021"

Xdrive05

"Then we added a woman." This piece of shit just attributed the improvement of his podcast to the fact that the new member is "a woman". Not anything about her as an individual, or any of her personal experiences or creativity, but her fuckin ovaries.

Also, men and women are not real categories, but "a women" automatically means viewpoint diversity.

When exactly will the Chinese tanks come rolling through Harvard yard?

Hire "diverse people" (women and alphabet squad).
Make a game with a sewage of plot because talent doesn't matter, only diversity.
Deals with lawsuits based on mental disorders and hysteria later.

Where is the profit in this? And, of course, laughts at the "quality from diversity". Big name games are shittier than ever since this policy became widespread in HR recruiting.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
youtube lol GIF

CGiRanger

Banned
Hire "diverse people" (women and alphabet squad).
Make a game with a sewage of plot because talent doesn't matter, only diversity.
Deals with lawsuits based on mental disorders and hysteria later.

Where is the profit in this? And, of course, laughts at the "quality from diversity". Big name games are shittier than ever since this policy became widespread in HR recruiting.
I was gonna say. Ubisoft, Riot, Activision Blizzard, etc. Doesn't sound like things get "improved" with these hires.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The building site I'm working on atm is 100% male. You never see a feminist complain about doing that shitty work.
I've never seen any female supporters ever fight the fight to be garbagemen, bus drivers, dishwashers, or be on the police force doing front line work patrolling shitty neighbourhoods either.

Funny how the fight for job equality only gets brought up for cushy nicely paid desk jobs.

SCB3

Yeah he can get fucked making those kinds of assumptions.
As someone directly responsible for trying to hire women in technical art roles (it genuinely is better for the office culture to have a diverse crowd), you get maybe 1 in 100 even apply, and then the chances that they're who you're looking for is also very slim.
We are down to only men, at our peak of 2 women in a team of 15. One left to become a housewife because her husband was loaded and the other left because she'd done 5 years and wanted to move across the country. they were both low-middle weight, neither senior. I have never seen a job application come in from a women with 10-15 years of experience.
Same kind of thing for me, we have 25-30 employees in the company I work, it’s mostly white men, why?

cause despite trying, we only got applications from white men!

There is a genuine shortage of diversity in Software Dev all over, but I’d still rather hire the best for the job

oagboghi2

Genuine question. Why does he get hated so much?
Because he is an ambulance chasing POS, as evidenced by those tweets.

Jason Schreier has obviously never tried to recruit women to fill technical roles. It's extremely difficult. I guess he thinks people are supposed to put their business plans and dreams on hold in the name of diversity.
You're not supposed to say that.

Last edited:

Pejo

He's right though, I stopped playing video games because playing diversity quotas is much more fun. All the hot developers are doing it these days.

Just imagine the out of touch developers and fans that care about making or playing video games in 2021. Video games. Let that sink in. Now is not the time for video game developers to make video games. We need them to sit down and listen, and do better.

What a shithead.

GymWolf

Reading the replies to this tweet and seeing a motherfucker using "Do better" is one those things that illogically makes me really angry. You know, wishing that he goes outside and a group of people beats him up. Fucking twitter generations makes me really mad...
i kinda wanna make a twitter account to insult these cunts.

i don't know how twitter work, do i get banned if i smartly insult people?! (so without using clear insults like cunts or bitch)

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Just the way Jason approaches the world through his Twitter weirds me out. He seems to always be going on about blocking people, and that paired with his general arrogance is just so off-putting. It's just painful to read no matter what side of the fence you are on. Seems to burn a lot of bridges as well.

Fbh

Very progressive of him to assume they all have the same background, life experiences and same perspective on things just because of their race and gender.
Also really nice of him, as someone who often speaks out against big corporation, to direct hate and negativity towards this small 20 person company from day 1

Top Bottom