• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MSN Messenger problems anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

Is anyone else having problems signing in? I've been having problems since last night, and since then I've only successfully signed in once, and no one else who was online had any problems. I tried signing in with MSN and Window's messenger.

Anyone with the same problems?

Boogie

Yeah, I've been having problems today too, as were a couple of other people on my contact list when I was able to log on for a few minutes.

goodcow said:
Why do people use MSN Messenger rather than AIM?

It boggles the mind, doesn't it? MSN can lick my hairy scrotum as far as I'm concerned. It's a system-hogging, screen-monopolizing piece of dirty shit.

How old are your friends? 30+? The only people I know who use MSN are my parents and their work contacts and friends. That's enough of a notice for me to stay away...

Suerte

I think MSN is favoured in Europe over AIM.

And from mess.be

"MSN Messenger seems to be experiencing worldwide connection problems at the moment. The MSN servers report the following information about the status of the servers:

Sign In
The .NET Messenger Service is temporarily experiencing difficulty. You may be unable to sign in. Please try again later.
Last Update: 1/23/2005 7:30:00 AM Pacific Time (GMT -8:00)"

Boogie

Incognito said:
How old are your friends? 30+? The only people I know who use MSN are my parents and their work contacts and friends. That's enough of a notice for me to stay away...

Everyone I know uses msn. However, when I went to the DR in the summer almost everyone from the 'States in our group only used AIM. So I only have AIM to talk to the people I met in the summer, while everyone else I know uses msn.

Kazuya

Incognito said:
That won't change the fact that all his friends use MSN ^^
Anyway... it won't matter when we'll all be using Pictochat online :D

dem

Everyone I know uses msn too.
I mean.. its built into windows.

I hung onto ICQ for awhile though =P

Hagindaz

Europe hates everything that has "America" in it.

Trillian has been logging in and out every second for the last few days for me. Can't wait for it to be fixed.

fallout

I use it because my friends do ... that's about it really.

Anyway, good to know that everyone's having trouble. I finally got around to upgrading my version of Gaim last night and I thought for some reason maybe it wasn't compatible with MSN because I couldn't connect.

In Canada everyone uses MSN as well, I know of absolutly nobody that has AIM installed on their pc's.

w00t, it just signed me in, not a single person online. :p

Memles

graham said:
In Canada, eh? So you did a survey?

My entire university campus is almost exclusively MSN, as far as I can tell. So, there's more completely and totally circumstantial evidence.

In other news, this is becoming an almost daily occurence, so I'd say that 7.0 must be coming.

Nightbreeze said:
In Canada everyone uses MSN as well, I know of absolutly nobody that has AIM installed on their pc's.

Yep, it's a hard reality here. Don't know why, but I'm always more interested at AIM and Yahoo! messenger features. Here in montreal, its not "give me your e-mail", it's "gimmie your msn". Dont know if the same where you live nightbreeze.

Nightbreeze said:

w00t, it just signed me in, not a single person online. :p

I can attest to this, no one here uses ICQ or AIM.

Louis

goodcow said:
Why do people use MSN Messenger rather than AIM?

Most people here in Holland ( and maybe in other country's in Europe ) use MSN . I hate MSN , but i can't use an other messenger because all my contacts use MSN .

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
Everyone I know uses MSN. It used to be everyone used ICQ. Nobody I know uses AIM.

So I please everyone and use Trillian! :) :)

Azih

Yup I'm in Toronto and everyone I know is on MSN as well. The circumstantial evidence grows stronger!

bionic77

Azih said:
Yup I'm in Toronto and everyone I know is on MSN as well. The circumstantial evidence grows stronger!

Seems like everyone outside of the states prefers messenger. AIM is still far and away the king over here though.

rastex

Banned
Living in both Canada and the United States, this is what I've gathered in the IM market.

First there was ICQ, which only nerds used to compare their UINs with. In Canada this started to gain quite a bit of popularity, I don't know the situation in the US. Then there was Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger and AIM. Considering AOL's size of the US internet market, pretty much everybody used and still uses AIM. Canada on the other hand slowly, then quickly switched over to MSN, where MSN now enjoys a monopoly. I think MSN is starting to make a lot of headway in the IM market in the US, but AIM is still the king.

Manics

Banned
rastex said:
Canada on the other hand slowly, then quickly switched over to MSN, where MSN now enjoys a monopoly. I think MSN is starting to make a lot of headway in the IM market in the US, but AIM is still the king.

How can you measure this? I'm in Canada and my main chat program is Yahoo messenger.

rastex

Banned
Total circumstantial evidence based on the number of people I know and their diverse ethnic and geographic backgrounds that span the globe and country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom