• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MSN: Gamers are Fighting Back Against "Hogwarts Legacy" with a Trans-Friendly Fantasy Game Pack-"Trans Witches are Witches"

Skifi28

"-We have Hogwarts Legacy at home"

Hogwarts Legacy at home:

a1wyV4b.jpg

hemo memo

Gold Member
How would transgender even work in the Harry Potter universe, like couldn't you cast an actual spell to make you change your gender?
I guess you get the whole package like a womb and reproductive parts and the hormones. Beard style would take a hit.

Rat Rage

I really don't understand one thing:

Let's say you belong to a minority group. Wouldn't it make sense for such a group to try to make a positive impression in any circumstance, so that people perceive them as nice people?

And by positive impression I don't mean doing whatever is needed, regardless if it's right or wrong, just to appeal to the majority group. I'm rather thinking of behaving like nice, sane, likeable people.

It is very unfortunate that this whole Hogwarts controversy sheds a very negative light on the transgender community, by making them look like RABID IDIOTS.

J.K. Rowling is not a transphobe, nor did she ever say something transphobic. It's a simple fact.

This whole Hogwarts controversy isn't actually about transphobia, it's simply about very basic reading comprehension.

Last edited:

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
This whole thing is stupid. It seems like not one single person who is pissed at this game actually fucking played it.

Or should you perhaps leave the poorly-designed game alone and focus on other RPGs, maybe ones that don’t directly funnel money into Rowling’s sizeable bank account?

This game is decent with a few questionable design decisions. Which makes it average at worst. That Wired article had this gem:

The gameplay feels dated. The graphics feel like they’re a couple generations behind.
In what world does this look/feel like a PS3 game?

It's so hard to have serious conversations about this thing when everyone's being so fucking disingenuous about it.

Thebonehead

Banned
If people want to boycott something - fine, I support that.

If people want to raise money for helping the trans community - great, so long as the money goes towards them.

But piss off if you want to conflate JKR's viewpoints with the Devs of the game implying there's something even remotely hateful towards that group in the games especially when it has a trans character and options to make a trans student. We also shouldn't be shitting on all trans people in general based on the views of some. They aren't a hivemind any more than other groups.

Unknown?

If people want to boycott something - fine, I support that.

If people want to raise money for helping the trans community - great, so long as the money goes towards them.

But piss off if you want to conflate JKR's viewpoints with the Devs of the game implying there's something even remotely hateful towards that group in the games especially when it has a trans character and options to make a trans student. We also shouldn't be shitting on all trans people in general based on the views of some. They aren't a hivemind any more than other groups.
Nothing about JKR's viewpoint is even hateful towards trans people though.

I really don't understand one thing:
99% of all people everywhere simply repeat things without thinking about their substance because they use a sort of social heuristic to determine what is or isn't 'good' information. Now you have the forbidden truth of the world it's time to develop "mental disorder"

lol how is that helping trans game devs by buying their games at a steep discount for under a dollar? That’s more like robbing them than supporting them.

it's all RPG maker and Ren'Py games made in a weekend... I saw a visual novel that listed "over 4000 words" as a selling point. These games are absolutely not worth 60 dollars lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom