• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MSN: Gamers are Fighting Back Against "Hogwarts Legacy" with a Trans-Friendly Fantasy Game Pack-"Trans Witches are Witches"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertain...-trans-friendly-fantasy-game-pack/ar-AA17rqy7
Last week, the Harry Potter RPG “Hogwarts Legacy” dropped, and the Internet has been in a high fury ever since. Should you play the game and support, as one user aptly described JK Rowling, a billionaire transphobe? Or should you perhaps leave the poorly-designed game alone and focus on other RPGs, maybe ones that don’t directly funnel money into Rowling’s sizeable bank account?

For those who gladly passed on the game, here’s some good news: a new game pack featuring 69 games by queer and trans developers, none of which directly contribute to anti-trans measures in the UK, and none of which were developed by anti-social justice YouTubers!

The “Trans Witches are Witches” bundle retails for a cool $60 and includes $300 worth of games, zines, and music all made by queer and trans creators. There’s even a $10 bundle if you’re experiencing hardship. Because nobody should have to play a crappy transphobic game just to experience a little magic.

"Trans Witches are Witches"

"69"

"10 bundle"

All the cringe puns, the paiinnn.

Anyway, apparently this protest has almost raised 1 million dollars as of two days ago. I wonder where the money is going.

(EDIT-Game Rant tried to make make a nonsensical novel against the series that they quickly tried to delete after backlash and bury, but was archived, read it here.)

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Desus And Mero Pass GIF by Bernie Sanders

Drew1440

How would transgender even work in the Harry Potter universe, like couldn't you cast an actual spell to make you change your gender?

tkscz

Well the list of games is on an itch.io page that my job's network blocks so can't see the list of games.

But I'll make the guess before looking that most of them are boring dating sims and all of them are low tier indie games.

Look if they want to "boycott" the game fine, but this doesn't hurt the sales of Hogwarts Legacy.

I'm not sure what they're trying to accomplish by doing this. If they wanted to spread the word of games made by LGTQ creators they could've done so at anytime so this feels disingenuous.

How come they can't just not buy the game and live happy?

Kataploom

Gold Member
Oh, look, they finally released the FOMO Reduction Bundle.

What's so bad about just missing out on that game? I thought they took themselves seriously at least...

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
“The internet has been in a fury since the game dropped.”

LMFTFY

“A vocal but tiny minority of disturbed individuals have been whining on Twitter about Hogwarts Legacy while the game has broken sales records and garnered critical acclaim worldwide.”

Lmao, the Hogwarts devs literally put the most trans, trans I've ever seen in a videogame in the game for the trans and they hate the trans! It's fucking gold!

I'm so glad they can't enjoy the game.

Not only that but there are mods coming out that turn the trans back into a woman. So I hope the trans find out about that too!

Last edited:
Personally I think the target audience for Harry Potter is the same as the target audience for lifeboats on the Titanic, but I'd still rather play it than Trans Power Fantasy #69420 XD Edition

Kataploom

Gold Member
I love how all these clowns knock the actual game as if they have played it. And if they have played it, then GTFO with the hypocrisy.
Actually, they probably played it, they aren't that serious about their own ideology to miss out on it, they'd rather enjoy the guilt and hide it from the others in their circle to avoid being targeted lol... They'll just talk shit about the game regardless

Top Bottom