• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most boring Games you ever play it

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
702851-926306_20051206_001.jpg
That screenshot looks AI generated, wtf.

Last edited:

Philfrag

Banned
Red dead 2 is up there
There are a lot of things about Red Dead 2 that are worthy of praise. But playing it is a real chore. The structure of the missions were so limited for a game that had so much prestige attached to it. It was an open world game that didn't utilise any of the freedom (that the genre is known for) into the actual gameplay.

Xeaker

Hard to remember. Most recent ones were:

Tales of Arise
Xenoblade 3
Uncharted 4
Atelier Lulua
Death end reQuest

xrnzaaas

Assassin's Creed 3 is super boring after the prologue. Inferior protagonist, bland map and for hours and hours you feel like playing a long tutorial. Never finished it and never will.

Dr.Morris79

P9rOUpY.jpg

Utterly boring as fuck. Shoot bullet sponge enemies over knee high walls over and over and over and over and over, whilst they say the same shitty lines over and over and over and over..

Fucking dross.

ZehDon

Gold Member
I just played Death Stranding on Game Pass, so I'll be adding Death Stranding to this list. Game Pass pays for itself when it helps me avoid stuff like this. The opening scene starts strong, but its all downhill from there. I gave up after a couple of hours. Haven't played a game this deeply uninteresting and unentertaining in quite a long time.

HF2014

Those Dark Pictures games. I tired the first one, just dont understand the buzz around them. And jesus those robot like moving characters…

Most fallout games and gears games are boring to me. Idk why, I give them a legit shot every time but I find Fallout’s jankiness unappealing and not immersive and for gears I just don’t like the gameplay.

Oh and every platformer ever. Like I liked them when I was like 5 years old but since then nah, not fun for me.

Edit: also movie type games like last of us 1 (rather just watch the cutscenes on YouTube) and hack and slash games.

Last edited:

Laieon

Those Dark Pictures games. I tired the first one, just dont understand the buzz around them. And jesus those robot like moving characters…

These definitely aren't great, but I like them because they're short enough that a friend who just had a baby/started a new job and doesn't have enough time to play longer games anymore and I can knock them out in a couple hours whenever I go over.

Krathoon

These definitely aren't great, but I like them because they're short enough that a friend who just had a baby/started a new job and doesn't have enough time to play longer games anymore and I can knock them out in a couple hours whenever I go over.
Those are games you can actually get through. I like them.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Great graphics and audio. Even the mini cut scenes were slick.

But what a boring game. Probably the worst Konami game I played on SNES.

Batman Returns.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I second this. Got a major headache after 30 minutes and slept the rest of the day after I tried it. Hell blade is soooo bad. Staying the hell away from the sequel.
Exactly. And I remember seeing the trailers which made it look like a big time action game fighting those raggy dressed vulture men.

Hellblade 2 showed some video way back about real time gameplay. I'd be weary. Good thing is it's a Game Pass game, so no risk, but for anyone who thinks it'll be something like a typical action slasher, wait it out for reviews and YT videos.

HB2 might be another 50% gaming/50% unskippable cut scene game.

Krathoon

Everybody gone to rapture.
omg. I like walking simulators but wtf. What is this walking speed. I even used cheat engine to make running 10x faster.

Horizno games. Zero Dawn was better but FW gets really boring.
Seriously, there is a game called Everybody Gone to Rapture?

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I second this. Got a major headache after 30 minutes and slept the rest of the day after I tried it. Hell blade is soooo bad. Staying the hell away from the sequel.

I lasted about an hour and a half. All of that walking between branches or whatever, just to fight the same boring and easy enemy over and over.

Man I forgot how bad this game was. I guess I purged that memory.

Krathoon

I lasted about an hour and a half. All of that walking between branches or whatever, just to fight the same boring and easy enemy over and over.

Man I forgot how bad this game was. I guess I purged that memory.
Ah. I guess it is one of those artsy turd games?

Krathoon

The Black and White games can get boring. They are not quite games. Also, training your creature is boring.

A sign that you game may be lacking is when you have the

Tower of Hanoi​

puzzle in it.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
The Black and White games can get boring. They are not quite games. Also, training your creature is boring.

A sign that you game may be lacking is when you have the

Tower of Hanoi​

puzzle in it.

Man, I totally forgot about that. AC Valhalla has a variation of this puzzle too and is also very boring. Loved the Black and White games as a kid but I doubt they hold up.

Last edited:

Krathoon

The Fable games are kinda boring too. They never really excited me.
Lionhead games tend to have a meandering aspect to them. You are supposed to make your own fun.

Last edited:

Krathoon

FF13 is also confusing, which makes it more boring. The combat is on auto pilot and they bombard you with tutorials.

Krathoon

Fable 2 also had that boring part where you are in the spire. What were they thinking?

Last edited:

Aure

Banned
Saints Row 4 which ended up killing this franchise for me. I couldn't even finish the damn thing.
Metal Gear Solid 5
Final Fantasy XIII
AC ODYSSEY

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Well, if I'm falling asleep during a game I drop it so fast I probably don't remember the name. LOL

Choice and Consequence type games can be great, but those are the ones for me that can be a bore if things aren't done correctly. The story needs to move in those at a clip that keeps you focused.

I tried a bit of that Coffee Talk game on GP, that might be one that I could snooze through easy enough, that's my most recent experience with a boring game.

First and only game I ever fell asleep playing ever and this was in the middle of the day, was Red Dead Redemption. I like the characters, loved the setting (huge western fan growing up), but the pacing and gameplay were so fucking slow.

I made it to where you are traveling either to or from Mexico on the river and fell asleep holding "up" on my PS3 controller. Woke up when my ex-wife got home from worked and asked me what I was "playing".

Watch a condensed story film online after that.

Beyond that I can't recall a game I was bored with, just plenty I thought were so bad that I knew continuing to play them would just be an exercise in frustration or annoying.

Top Bottom