• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most anticipated game for the rest of the year?

Most anticipated 2021 games?

• Gaurdians of the Galaxy

• Battlefield 2042

• Metroid Dread

• Forza Horizon

• Pokemon

• Shin Megami Tensei V

• Far Cry 6

• Other (please specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
WWE 2k22 is my answer

I do have Metroid Dread pre-ordered. But alot of that was i had $10 worth of nintendo points expiring soon. So i plopped it down for a preorder.
Halo hasn't been good since Reach a decade ago
Battlefield, and DICE specifically haven't made a good game since BF4...8 years ago

Forza's gonna be good tho

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Metroid and it’s not even close

arnold schwarzenegger predator GIF

Soon, my friend....soon. :)
AOjFvNk.png

Zannegan

Kind of a tossup between Metroid and Halo for me. Metroid will have higher highs, but I'll be playing Halo (assuming I do get an Xbox after all) for a much longer time. What are the chances it will run in any form or fashion on the Steam Deck?

I was excited to see how Horizon: FW turned out with all the new mobility options they added (the Uncharted-style linear climbing was one of my biggest peeves with the original, that and no arrow drop). Alas, delays.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Battlefield 2042 easily. Then throw in Battlefield Portal and it's going to be amazing (assuming the launch isn't completely trash).

Mozzarella

WoW, what a weak year. I will not be surprised when Cyberpunk 2077 gets nominated in the TGA this year, look how weak this year is compared to 2019 or 2017.

As for my anticipated game its not really a new game but a DLC for Outer Wilds, the best indie game ever made and one of my top games of all time.

Can't pick a single one, Hades next week (PS5), Diablo 2 in September, Far Cry 6 in October, Dying Light 2 in December. Horizon 2 would probably be my top pick but I can almost guarantee it will be delayed into 2022.

"Results are only viewable after voting."

I can't vote.

Anyway, it's SMT V for me and nothing else even touches it. This is the game I bought my god damn Switch for.

CuNi

Love how halo infinite was left out because "no release date" (when they said 2021) and yet 90% of the people that chose "other" come and post "halo infinite".
What's the point of leaving it out of the poll when everyone is voting for it anyway?

I also picked other and mean halo infinite by that. Battlefield is also a game i look forward too but no magger how much I'll like that game, halo infinite is day 1.

rolandss

Ghost of Tsushima Iki Island expansion is the number one on my list so far. Then Battlefield I guess but can’t think of anything else that’s caught my attention.

Handel

Psychonauts is among the top games I've played these last few years, so Psychonauts 2 is easily top of my list. One of the few platformers that resonates with me.

Halo Infinite comes second, and hopefully it's a return to form for my favorite multiplayer FPS franchise.

GOTG would come third as the two movies are top tier super hero movies and I love those characters. The game is looking good in both story and gameplay, a solid RPG experience.

Nothing excites me that much, I guess BF could be spectacular if EA gets their shit together. Diablo 2 remaster is ok but still kinda looks dated. Kena looks like 👶🏻 game. Far Cry 6 is same old same old. Haven’t played Tsushima yet so Director’s Cut is big one for me.
Aliens Fireteam Elite looks like potential sleeper hit but is also very quiet before the release, not a good sign. Deathloop is not my thing, dated graphics, non-attractive characters and even dated gameplay that stems back from Dishonored ages ago. It is also very edgy for some reason. Can Tales of Arise be my first Tales game? It all depends on reviews, previous games had mediocre scores but I really dig the look of the game, I want it to be good. Hades is something I will definitely check out eventually but it is still poor man’s Returnal, I played Bastion, I know their schtick.

Elden 💍is coming out in January, if all goes to plan, and is first next must-have game, at least for me. I expect typical Souls game but improved and expanded in every way and just saying that makes me giddy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom