• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat: National Tournament | Las Vegas, Nevada | May 14 - May 15, 2011

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wallach said:
You can't. The throw puts you in stagger state, so if you don't block out of the stagger you'll eat the two hits and get hit with the bomb anyway.
Ah I see. Could've swore I've seen a Raiden do it once but it was a different situation then I'm guessing.

Yeah after seeing that teleport just know I'm guessing what I saw didn't have those two hits during staggered stake.

Wallach

enzo_gt said:
Ah I see. Could've swore I've seen a Raiden do it once but it was a different situation then I'm guessing.

Yeah, if you saw right there what can happen is if you miss the dash up for the two hits after placing the bomb, they will get out of stagger with enough time to teleport out.

enzo_gt said:
If you have the meter, you can break it during the second punch, but I think the bomb still hits you. You can't get comboed afterwards, though.

Arde5643

ezekial45 said:
Oh wow what a shocker. Kung Lao mirror match.
Grand Finals prediction: Kung Lao vs Ken Lao.

Slamtastic said:
Just don't think this is exclusive to MK.

See you at SYF4AE finals at EVO.
If they don't patch out broken Yun/Fei/Yang/Makoto in that order, then expect little to no fireball character in top 8.

I just hope that with the first patch they do make an effort to balance it so the characters that aren't used very much are competitive.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
It'd be nice if during these mirror matches someone used the alt costume to make it easier to tell who is who.

Kimosabae

Banned
infinityBCRT said:
I just hope that with the first patch they do make an effort to balance it so the characters that aren't used very much are competitive.

Waay too early. Just a few weeks ago, Cyrax was far and away the best and completely broken because of his unblockable setups.

Now we have Lao mirrors.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Here lies Michaelangelo, Trophy Club and PerfectLegend.

icqVQm.gif

Get spun.

Those last matches were so hype.

Kimosabae said:
Waay too early. Just a few weeks ago, Cyrax was far and away the best and completely broken because of his unblockable setups.

Now we have Lao mirrors.
I'm not too concerned about today's results because its not even using the balance updates at all. I know Lao and Cyrax were nerfed. But I just hope they show they are committed to balancing as much as the Blizzard guys are for StarCraft or the EA Sports NHL team has been on their game the last few years.

sleepykyo

That was interesting seeing as Joe never used the 1+2 ender (mid), there was no reason for PL to block 2 4 d, b +2 series high.

Threi

notag
hmm it happened again where a person losing turned it around by switching to a kung lao mirror.

if we can take something away from this, its obviously that cyrax should be nerfed.

/fighting game developers

Grzi

I was rooting for both of them, kind of sad they had to meet each other so early.

Yeah, feel really sorry for PL, but hey, I've always liked LI Joe as a player, so I'm pretty satisfied.

Top Bottom