• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 11 female characters were purposely made less sexual according to NetherRealms.

Shmunter

But you just said that it's good for you that you don't live in the same country with Transwomen, that's Transphobia. sorry but you get minus 5 woke point for that one, hope you do better next time dude.
5 points wow, that’s half his points. You monster how could you!

Last edited:

zenspider

But you just said that it's good for you that you don't live in the same country with Transwomen, that's Transphobia. sorry but you get minus 5 woke point for that one, hope you do better next time dude.

I'm gonna video review the play here - that's a lot of woke points on the line.

I'm not sure the intention, but there's a good point here. In the US the left is trying to change the definition of what is female so fundamentally that they want you to feel shame for not including something like that image into the realm of female beauty and attraciveness. It's an overextension into biology.

It intersects into the cutting edge of these politics: there are trans people and "allies" shaming biological female lesbians into not being attracted to trans women. This is not transphobia. Not only should you never be compelled to sexual attraction, you simply cannot be without being brainwashed.

For what it's worth, I've found trans people attractive before and once in my party days, got a proper slap at a club for courting "indelicately". (Thank god it was 10 years ago - I'd be lynched today.)

I say the offense loses 2 woke points, reset the down.

Last edited:
That's what you took from what I said.

You said it loud and clear dude, and you was doing really good before too, i gave you 10 woke points for your post calling other members sexist and now you attack Transwomen like that, how disappointing.

5 points wow, that’s half his points. You monster how could you!

I did my best to help him, the other woke judges wanted to get him fired but i convinced them to settle for the 5 woke points.

Shmunter

You said it loud and clear dude, and you was doing really good before too, i gave you 10 woke points for your post calling other members sexist and now you attack Transwomen like that, how disappointing.

I did my best to help him, the other woke judges wanted to get him fired but i convinced them to settle for the 5 woke points.

Harsh, but fair.

Closer

I did not attack transwomen. You said that's what women looks like where you live. That's not a good looking woman to me. There's the difference.

Last edited:

Shmunter

I did not attack transwomen. You said that's what women looks like where you live. That's not a good looking woman to me. There's the difference.
And now criticising women on their looks and not their character. Have you no regard for your points tally at all?

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Developers engaging in communication with the players was the biggest mistake ever in gaming. Just let developers do what they want, if you like it buy it, if you don't like it, don't buy it.
Its impossible to please everyone, and if they listen to players they just end up pleasing those that cry the loudest, losing their original ideas in the process.
Gamers are killing gaming.

lock2k

Banned
Something tells me you don’t actually know any women who identify as feminists/womanists.

Here’s the thing, most women don’t care about this sort of thing. However it’s comical to expect women to run around with gigantic breasts, tiny waists and expect them to pull of lethal combos.

The redesigns for this (and Doa 6) are honestly great.

I’m not sure what this forum has against games “growing up”, but y’all gotta get the fuck out of 2002.

2002 was way better than what we have now. Loads of great PS2 games, Xbox live booming and GameCube with great exclusives going on. Not to mention that games were released as complete products - no gaas bullshit and microtransactions.

MK Deadly Alliance was released and ressurrected the franchise with great designs and one of the most memorable soundtracks ever - all full of designs that had originality.

Also... growing up sucks!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
“Our character lead, Brendan George, has been a breath of fresh air of just introducing new ideas. Our design is just getting more mature and respectful. You’re not going to wear a bikini to a fight. You’re not going to be showing so much skin. I think it’s just what the game is about: You’re going in to fight for your life, and you’re not going to be wearing such scantily clad items
MK has been all about the extremes..... blood, gore, and skimpy clothes.... for 30 years.

But somehow everyone at the studio wants to act more maturely and cut back on sleaze? And timed right when SJW is in full swing in 2019?

Gimme a break. If they are going to adjust game content to fit modern politics just say so, and don't treat gamers like idiots "well, functionally speaking, you aren't going to wear skimpy clothes to a gun fight BS"). As if MK is a WWII sim game with soldiers worrying about food and fatigue.

What a bunch of assholes.

Last edited:
2002 was way better than what we have now. Loads of great PS2 games, Xbox live booming and GameCube with great exclusives going on. Not to mention that games were released as complete products - no gaas bullshit and microtransactions.

MK Deadly Alliance was released and ressurrected the franchise with great designs and one of the most memorable soundtracks ever - all full of designs that had originality.

Also... growing up sucks!

2002 fucking ruled, one of my personal favorite years for gaming.

"the male gaze"

Do these people hear themselves? Woman getting pissy because men look at other hotter woman....

What's funny is "the male gaze" is a very old term, I remember hearing it long before modern feminism.

But that's what it all boils down to, their hatred of the "male gaze", so every female character must be rendered unattractive in order to prevent, because it's only a stone's throw from "the male gaze" to literally rape, amirite?

Guys Mileena Just got revealed!!

D22AwyLWsAEDfWe.jpg

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
What's funny is "the male gaze" is a very old term, I remember hearing it long before modern feminism.

But that's what it all boils down to, their hatred of the "male gaze", so every female character must be rendered unattractive in order to prevent, because it's only a stone's throw from "the male gaze" to literally rape, amirite?

It's funny how women "become" unattractive if they don't have 36 DDD tits and cleavage bouncing 2 feet left and right. Some of you guys are pieces of work.

Belmonte

Sadly Ed Boon is powerless at this point, he is just being used as a PR mouthpiece for MK11.

Here is a recent art for Kitana made by him

D2sfD3bW0AEzly7.jpg

Awesome Kitana! This is how I prefer MK woman to be. Mortal Kombat X had a very good balance between sexy and seriousness IMO.

Millena and Kitana were gorgeous in that game.

I don't think it was made by him, but I think it was commented on him very positively on Twitter.

Really? i saw a lot of people posting this art and saying that its made by him on Twitter. either way i wish if this design was in the game, it's sexy and classy at the same time but i guess it's too feminine for NetherRealm standards these days.

MacReady13

lol that's kind of adorable.
Me and my 4 year-old niece were watching Wreck-it-ralph during the last family reunion and when Felix and the blonde soldier woman kissed she looked at me laughing in shame covering half of her face. So yeah, we dont convey our standards correctly

Yeah it's funny how they cower over sexuality on screen, but violence doesn't faze them... Weird characters kids are!

Jigsaah

Gold Member
At what point will somebody just say IDGAF and do what they want...

Somebody's gonna grow the pair required to do this, the game will sell gangbusters and then people will learn that the vocal minority is just that...a vocal minority...not some angry mob coming to burn down your HQ and feed on your children.

Closer

At what point will somebody just say IDGAF and do what they want...

Somebody's gonna grow the pair required to do this, the game will sell gangbusters and then people will learn that the vocal minority is just that...a vocal minority...not some angry mob coming to burn down your HQ and feed on your children.

They are doing just that. We have a vocal minority going apeshit because "burqas".

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
They are doing just that. We have a vocal minority going apeshit because "burqas".

It's not "burqas", it's because they have at least 8 male characters almost naked and females are overdressed because "realism". The real because here is because "bullshit".

You must have different kind of friends. People I know think shirtless are just hot. They way they act and whatever is what makes them sexy.

Are you trying to argue that the double standards are fine because shirtless men are “hot”but not sexy?

I don’t even 🤣.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It's not "burqas", it's because they have at least 8 male characters almost naked and females are overdressed because "realism". The real because here is because "bullshit".

But the game will still sale gangbusters if it's good. So being up in arms about it may not lead to anything.

No, the male gaze issue is not about potential rapes. It's about not allowing any men to have the pleasure of looking at attractive women out of a need to 'strike back' at the patriarchy.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It's funny how women "become" unattractive if they don't have 36 DDD tits and cleavage bouncing 2 feet left and right. Some of you guys are pieces of work.
Edit: Misread the post....

As for guys only liking stripper looks, that's not true. People find other people attractive in different ways, but the core graphics of MK games is extreme..... gore, blood, skimpy outfits.

MK is going against what it's all about being MK. And for the dev to say they changed the outfits to make them more realistic and functional looking is stupid. It's fighting game with decaptations, lasers, and wacky moves and kills, and somehow adjusting female outfits in 2019 makes sense (after 30 years of MK games) to make it more "believable" if a woman wears more clothes?

Yeah right.

Last edited:

Cactuarman

Banned
Her name is on the picture. Just FYI if anyone wants to follow and support.

Aleksandra Skiba
Instagram
ArtStation

Sadly Ed Boon is powerless at this point, he is just being used as a PR mouthpiece for MK11.

Here is a recent art for Kitana made by him

D2sfD3bW0AEzly7.jpg
Really? i saw a lot of people posting this art and saying that its made by him on Twitter. either way i wish if this design was in the game, it's sexy and classy at the same time but i guess it's too feminine for NetherRealm standards these days.

No, the male gaze issue is not about potential rapes. It's about not allowing any men to have the pleasure of looking at attractive women out of a need to 'strike back' at the patriarchy.

Well, feminists seem to really want to paint male sexuality as inherently "rapey", which is why they despise it so much, in their warped misandrist worldview rape is just the purest expression of male sexuality.

It's funny that you guys can't properly survey the evolution of representation. People get tired of getting locked into ideas, so they push to have those chains removed. In the end, we'd hope to see a wide variety of representation. MK devs understand this.

Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yes, tossing aside the notion of options and forcing things to conform to one single ideal while disparraging anything that went before which plenty of people of both genders still enjoy is "removing chains" and not revolutionary authoritarianism.

Saber

Gold Member
It's funny that you guys can't properly survey the evolution of representation.

It's just that MK never gave a crap about that. Never cared about anything, which is why it was so different in the eyes of people. But hey representation, aka "please people don't outrage about our game. We gonna behave, we swear".

Last edited:
It's funny that you guys can't properly survey the evolution of representation. People get tired of getting locked into ideas, so they push to have those chains removed. In the end, we'd hope to see a wide variety of representation. MK devs understand this.
Oh, I wonder who's in charge of that "evolution in representation", because I only see it happening in games where the regressive left got a foot in the door.

Music objectifies man and woman and no one cares.
Hollywood objectifies man and woman and no one cares.

There will always be movies like Baywatch or 50 shades of grey.... or music videos like Twerk. If anything games are now stuck in a weird place where creative freedom is being squashed by a certain group, that is not an evolution, that's devolution.

I think I saw someone mention Liana K before so I'll post some of the tweet quotes that were in an article she linked in a video she made about this subject. I find her perspective interesting because it's an implication I didn't consider.

It seems she thinks that because they are now going in a different direction with their costume design that they've termed as "mature" and "respectful" that they've essentially admitted to knowingly and intentionally create costumes for female characters that they themselves believe to be disrespectful to women/female fans of the game up to this point.

I probably did a bad job of summarizing that so just read the tweets.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
She makes the point well. If they had said something like "We know that not everyone prefers revealing clothing for female characters, so we have expanded our representation of expression and made the default designs more covered up to put the new options at the forefront" then you wouldn't really have much backlash. Instead they came out with this really condescending narrative and ruled out the possibility of options that are in keeping with the franchise history. The response is to be expected.

Paracelsus

Evolution? Most characters straight up look like ass, they look like a garish 6 year old idea of cool. They managed to ruin the ninjas, they turned into Power Rangers.
Do you want good character design? Virtua Fighter. You may not like the current tits trend with SCVI, but most of the saga had very competent designs.
Hell, Dead or Alive had way better Kunoichi design than MK ever did.
You people completely killed the meaning of the words "realistic" and "badass".

Top Bottom