• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moonfall (Film by Roland Emmerich)

RaduN

Pure crap, and that's sugarcoating it. Watched it for free and i still want my money back.
Couldn't bear to watch the last 30 or so minutes.

AJUMP23

This movie is extremely bad. I endured it, but it is so dumb. The launch that outruns the rising tide......

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Characters were too annoying, way too much green screen, not enough contextualization for the world around them. You could barely tell the world was ending at times. Lazy production that needed more sets and extras--probably Covid-related.

Halle Berry's character never apologized to Patrick Wilson for ruining his life. :messenger_neutral:

Billbofet

I can't say I wasn't entertained, but this is the dumbest movie I have seen in many years.

The editing and pace of the movie made it difficult to tell how long any of this was. Was it hours, days, weeks?
My hands-up moment was at the end when they crash land just a few hundred yards from their kids on a remote mountain top. Or did they? I can't tell since there is no sense of time or spatial relation to anything in the entire movie.

Also cheesed that the moon's gravity can throw a train up in the air or giant chunks of mountains, yet they are running around or having car chases seemingly unaffected by the gravity.

I know this is a turn your brain off kinda movie, but damn.

Quasicat

I saw it this evening on YouTube:

Not bad overall, the beginning reminded me of Independence Day and the ending reminded me of Mass Effect 3.
Take that how you will.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Looks like a typical Emmerich flick and I am all in for that tbf the last great flick he did that combined great effects with great characters was Day After Tomorrow..

Also big love for Knowing, brilliant flick with some at the time incredible effects, that plane crash was fucking brutal and that ending...
Jesus fucking wept that was awful, i wouldn't even know where to start.. was the whole film filmed in front of some shite green screen? i see we now have Token Chinese characters and CHINA GOOD references sprinkled throughout this turd, i couldnt even get behind the special effects which apart from a few Dyson Sphere scenes where bloody awful... i miss old Emmerich

nemiroff

Gold Member
I started watching this movie last night without knowing anything about it. I'm half way through now. While it kinda started out as something mildly intriguing (and I've had a crush on Halle Berry for..decades.. ) , the plot and the script is a big L so far. Don't know if I'll finish it..

Last edited:

gatti-man

I enjoyed it. Yeah it’s obviously stupid if you’re trying to fact check the physics and reality of it all but idk it was still a good time for me. Hard for me to even legitimize that though it’s obv a bad film objectively lol

Top Bottom