• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Rise Hype countdown

Whats gonna be your main weapon

• Total voters

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Yeah but that is artificial difficulty, you can't choose your weapon\armour\build and his life is upgraded compared to the final game, also only 15 minutes.

It's like the world's demo with nerdgigante, in the final games he was noticeably easier compared to the demo.
it's to lure in the E LI TE

don't worry dude there will be plenty of FU challenges in rise..
i agree on the FPS tho..
it's really shows how BAD nintendo needs a hardware upgrade imo..
that last hyrule warriors was a flipping joke

Last edited:

GymWolf

it's to lure in the E LI TE

don't worry dude there will be plenty of FU challenges in rise..
i agree on the FPS tho..
it's really shows how BAD nintendo needs a hardware upgrade imo..
that last hyrule warriors was a flipping joke
Oh yeah, i have no doubt, i was jist talking about magnamalo in the demo.

I'm good at mh but not "pfff i beat monsters with my hand behind my back" good, so i'm not worried about the level of challenge, i stil have nightmares from that fucking velkhana and thunder ape in iceborne...

What do you think about the other things?! Locations, missing moves, missing fauna etc.?
Am i being overly critical? I swear to muscle palico chef that when i saw the new trailer with all the locations i was in disbelief, for me the locations in world are some of the best locations of the past gen.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Oh yeah, i have no doubt, i was jist talking about magnamalo in the demo.

I'm good at mh but not "pfff i beat monsters with my hand behind my back" good, so i'm not worried about the level of challenge, i stil have nightmares from that fucking velkhana and thunder ape in iceborne...

What do you think about the other things?! Locations, missing moves, missing fauna etc.?
Am i being overly critical? I swear to muscle palico chef that when i saw the new trailer with all the locations i was in disbelief, for me the locations in world are some of the best locations of the past gen.
no it's good to be critical you obviously like monhun.
for me the meh FPS is kinda killing it atm. i am hyper focused on good FPS aka great gameplay

GymWolf

no it's good to be critical you obviously like monhun.
for me the meh FPS is kinda killing it atm. i am hyper focused on good FPS aka great gameplay
Well sometimes good fps doesn't mean great gameplay and viceversa.

I take framey mh over 400frame for second assassins creed every day of the week.

Like i said, after many hours on ps4, shitty framerate is the last of my problems, i have more problem with what is missing\changed from world, probably because i have like 500 houss on that thing (both pc and console) and it's hard to have a step back in many things.

Last edited:
The more i play the demo trying with all my will to like rise, the more i love returning to world...

I don't know why the fuck they erased some moves from iceborne like the clutch claw or the mines for the gunlance, and i readed thaf they cancelled cool moves from other weapons too, why not just add moves instead of substitute them?

The demo locations is ugly as fuck, a lof of grey with some green here and there, some bamboo and some jap threes, it looks like poor man tsushima (and when i say poor i mean dirty poor) i don't know how people can prefer this thing to the luxuriant forest in world (first area vs first area) and i saw the trailer thaf show the other locations and i still can't get how someones can prefer these against stuff like the crystal location or the lava location or the coral highland in world...i love world's locations to death.

And what about the endemic fauna?! The game looks dead compared to world, i know it's a switch game and there is some limit to maintain the framerate semi-stable but this feels like a considerable step back, i absolutely loved the rich ecosystem in world.

Also the framerate is kinda shitty on docked mode, i readed that it's probably unlocked so it has wild fluctuation, maybe it is locked in mobile mode but i never play thaf way...but ps4 version was also framey so...

Also i really don't like the new mounting mechanic, it makes the monster looks silly and far less minacious when you can act like a damn puppeteer with them, i like more how it was in world tbh.

And don't let me start on the graphic or some framey animations for the monsters or the fugliest blood spill effect that i ever seen in a game...

I'm not even sure if the pc version can solve some of these problems.

It really feels like a mobile version of world and not a step further.

Even after all of this i don't know if i'm gonna be there at day one like you guys because i'm an easily to hype moron and more monster hunter is always good...

Anyone here share some of my sentiments?!

P.s. sorry for the english, i 'm not ever sure if luxuriant is a real word or not...
Yeah, I actually agree with most of these. Moves changing isn't so bad since it keeps the game fresh but some of them I'm really going to miss. GS losing slinger burst for a shortcut into TCS really hurts but on the other hand I greatly welcome the HH changes. Lots of dooters are pissed their sekrit klub isn't so exclusive anymore though. Maps definitely feel like a massive downgrade from World, it's not even about graphics, they're just so flat and boring. "B-b-but mountains for the wirebug", haha, no. If I wanted to explore pointless areas, I'd fire up BOTW. I'm talking about the areas you actually fight monsters in. And yes, there were plenty of times I got fucked up by ledges and slopes in World but that's my fault for not paying attention. In the end they added variety and if you're hammer user, you learn to love those slopes and ledges really quick. Jury's out on the wirebug, it feels too weeb for me but I'm one of those crazy people that actually like the clutch claw so my opinion probably doesn't count for a lot in that regard.

I'll still end up getting the game but I'll just be waiting for the PC version instead of getting it immediately on Switch .

Wunray

Day 8
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Because I'm highly in to parries and counters in games and LS is ultimate counter weapon.
:eek: damn I have to give this a try.l

GymWolf

Yeah, I actually agree with most of these. Moves changing isn't so bad since it keeps the game fresh but some of them I'm really going to miss. GS losing slinger burst for a shortcut into TCS really hurts but on the other hand I greatly welcome the HH changes. Lots of dooters are pissed their sekrit klub isn't so exclusive anymore though. Maps definitely feel like a massive downgrade from World, it's not even about graphics, they're just so flat and boring. "B-b-but mountains for the wirebug", haha, no. If I wanted to explore pointless areas, I'd fire up BOTW. I'm talking about the areas you actually fight monsters in. And yes, there were plenty of times I got fucked up by ledges and slopes in World but that's my fault for not paying attention. In the end they added variety and if you're hammer user, you learn to love those slopes and ledges really quick. Jury's out on the wirebug, it feels too weeb for me but I'm one of those crazy people that actually like the clutch claw so my opinion probably doesn't count for a lot in that regard.

I'll still end up getting the game but I'll just be waiting for the PC version instead of getting it immediately on Switch .
well it seems like i finally found my lost twin...that botw comparison talk to my heart :lollipop_squinting:

Also yeah i heard that they made the HH more mainstream, i kinda wanna try it...

I want to wait for the pc version but i don't know if i'm strong enough.

Nintendo has taken my monies and the game is pre downloaded, bought my daughter a switch lite and moved her switch downstairs, I've also got myself a new pro controller.... I'm ready for next weekend!!

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
If anyone wants their FC in the OT / Community section let me know via PM or in this thread. I believe I can hide the info via 'code' if preferred.

Lemme know if there's a good subtitle for the thread post as well. I'm not very good at those :p

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
The more i play the demo trying with all my will to like rise, the more i love returning to world...

I don't know why the fuck they erased some moves from iceborne like the clutch claw or the mines for the gunlance, and i readed thaf they cancelled cool moves from other weapons too, why not just add moves instead of substitute them?

The demo locations is ugly as fuck, a lof of grey with some green here and there, some bamboo and some jap threes, it looks like poor man tsushima (and when i say poor i mean dirty poor) i don't know how people can prefer this thing to the luxuriant forest in world (first area vs first area) and i saw the trailer thaf show the other locations and i still can't get how someones can prefer these against stuff like the crystal location or the lava location or the coral highland in world...i love world's locations to death.

And what about the endemic fauna?! The game looks dead compared to world, i know it's a switch game and there is some limit to maintain the framerate semi-stable but this feels like a considerable step back, i absolutely loved the rich ecosystem in world.

Also the framerate is kinda shitty on docked mode, i readed that it's probably unlocked so it has wild fluctuation, maybe it is locked in mobile mode but i never play thaf way...but ps4 version was also framey so...

Also i really don't like the new mounting mechanic, it makes the monster looks silly and far less minacious when you can act like a damn puppeteer with them, i like more how it was in world tbh.

And don't let me start on the graphic or some framey animations for the monsters or the fugliest blood spill effect that i ever seen in a game...

I'm not even sure if the pc version can solve some of these problems.

It really feels like a mobile version of world and not a step further.

Even after all of this i don't know if i'm gonna be there at day one like you guys because i'm an easily to hype moron and more monster hunter is always good...

Anyone here share some of my sentiments?!

P.s. sorry for the english, i 'm not ever sure if luxuriant is a real word or not...
Just skip Rise, don't even bother getting on the bandwagon if you didn't like it unlike World.

Pejo

Well I exhausted my demo plays, and after trying most of the weapons (except the bowguns, never was a fan), I decided to stick with Switch Axe again. It's my fallback, but I was just having too much fun now that Axe mode is worthwhile using. Definitely going to piss with SnS and Gunlance though on the side.

This game still doesn't feel as good as World, but we'll see how it goes when it's released proper.

NanaMiku

Tried the demo again playing with my friends several days ago. Almost beat the Magnamalo (he already returned to sleep) but I got too excited attacking it because of the timer, and got fainted.

Already pre-loaded the game and I can't contain my hype anymore

Hoping Valstrax is coming back, I need those jets

GymWolf

Well I exhausted my demo plays, and after trying most of the weapons (except the bowguns, never was a fan), I decided to stick with Switch Axe again. It's my fallback, but I was just having too much fun now that Axe mode is worthwhile using. Definitely going to piss with SnS and Gunlance though on the side.

This game still doesn't feel as good as World, but we'll see how it goes when it's released proper.
You can reset the data and play the demo again, don't know how tho.

GymWolf

I'm a dedicated charge blade cultist and that ain't changing anytime soon.
Kinda same with my lance\gunlance.

everytime i want to try something new i always end with my usual style...

too bad because all the weapons are great in their peculiar way.

I was charge blade in world for about 1 year then switched to long sword, I love them both but I think I'll main long sword then try something new.

GymWolf

I was charge blade in world for about 1 year then switched to long sword, I love them both but I think I'll main long sword then try something new.
Charge blade is way over complicated for me, i tried the switch axe but the mobility wasn't great.

Never tried the LS but from the videos it look very complicated too, i'm not exactly good with precise positioning and counter moves :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Surprise at the amount of charge blade chads in here. Good taste mates. :messenger_sunglasses:

Nehezir

Banned
Kinda same with my lance\gunlance.

everytime i want to try something new i always end with my usual style...

too bad because all the weapons are great in their peculiar way.
oh. I'll play other things.
5CL7y5x.png

But there's gonna be a gap. a big gap
I also have a pocket HH/GL to chill with since I play MonHon with my best friend.

Last edited:

Pejo

I'm surprised and kinda disappointed how weak bow was in this iteration. Based on the solo speedrunner community, it's dead last.

This chart is for the demo Magnamalo

jzV9Rr0.png

GymWolf

I'm surprised and kinda disappointed how weak bow was in this iteration. Based on the solo speedrunner community, it's dead last.

jzV9Rr0.png
Lance with a faster killing time than HBG and GS?! what fucked up timeline are we living right now?!

Nehezir

Banned
I am sorry, are those the number of hours you played with each weapon?:messenger_face_screaming:
# of completed hunts. Admittedly I've spent less time in World than I did Tri(1.2k hours World vs 4k)so eh.

jzV9Rr0.png
bow has historically been very element dependent and datamining has showed us that the demo weapons are elementless 140 raw offerings.

Top Bottom