• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Rise Hype countdown

Whats gonna be your main weapon

• Total voters

GymWolf

Hell yeah. any favorite combos?
The usuals, wild swing x3 + the new overhead swing to activate the power axe mode, then you can choose to do the same combo to maximize the stun effect of the power mode or switch to the blade to do the triangle x2, circle x3 and then circle+triangle for the explosive combo finisher.

For elevated parts like tails or heads you can use the triangle x2 combo with the axe because it reach high places but this weapon has a lot of high attacks so you can use alternative attacks

I'm not really the right guy to ask for combos, take a look to arekz or gaijinhunter or rurikhan.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
It was almost fully alleviated in MHGU if you were savvy with the Absolute Evasion skill :D

Your example requires getting hit to begin with haha! But yea it can be a good tradeoff at times.

Then there are the moves which knock you down and disable your wire fall and the getting up animation looks like you're still wielding your weapon but you get up with it sheathed. Hope that isn't in the final game but we'll see (it's one of my minor gripes with the demo).
Yeah you are right! I noticed some weird things when getting up after getting hit, but I thought it was just my imagination. Hope they fix it too although it didn't bothered me pretty much, just a small bad thing in a sea of cool ones.

Can't believe we are so close to release. Do we know how many large monsters will there be on release and if they plan to release more for free? I haven't been following the promo material to start as spoiler free as possible, but I really hope the number of monsters is larger than World's because that felt a little bit small.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
When is the full release? I wanted a new weapon damn, hope we'll see a couple new monsters
This Friday.

excited pumped up GIF by WWE

TheKratos

I'm on media blackout. Don't want too see dem monsters, maps, moves. Hell I didn't even fight Magnamalo in demo so I can get rekt in full game.

I already got spoiled a bit on the armor looks of certain monsters playing the demo. 2 days and 10 hours and I'm going full in.

TintoConCasera

I'm on media blackout. Don't want too see dem monsters, maps, moves. Hell I didn't even fight Magnamalo in demo so I can get rekt in full game.

I already got spoiled a bit on the armor looks of certain monsters playing the demo. 2 days and 10 hours and I'm going full in.
I ended up watching the last trailer, couldn't hold myself... And I really regret it, game looks amazing and hype has gone through the roof. :goog_relieved:

Last edited:

GymWolf

Insect glaive lack that power move present in almost every weapon, to much acrobatc shit for my taste.

Even sword and shield has that descending helm splitter that make you feel powerfull when you connect...

Pejo

Gold Member
Insect glaive lack that power move present in almost every weapon, to much acrobatc shit for my taste.

Even sword and shield has that descending helm splitter that make you feel powerfull when you connect...
It got really shafted in Rise too. Nothing new except an extra air hop, which is already a less effective way to do damage other than your standard 3 button ground combo. I mained IG in 4U and for a while in Iceborne. It really needs some sort of buff.

GymWolf

It got really shafted in Rise too. Nothing new except an extra air hop, which is already a less effective way to do damage other than your standard 3 button ground combo. I mained IG in 4U and for a while in Iceborne. It really needs some sort of buff.
I'm not even talking about raw numbers, you probably do more damage with the IG compared to a lance, but even the lance has that drilling monster ass counter move that feel powerfull as hell.

Last edited:
Yeah you are right! I noticed some weird things when getting up after getting hit, but I thought it was just my imagination. Hope they fix it too although it didn't bothered me pretty much, just a small bad thing in a sea of cool ones.

Can't believe we are so close to release. Do we know how many large monsters will there be on release and if they plan to release more for free? I haven't been following the promo material to start as spoiler free as possible, but I really hope the number of monsters is larger than World's because that felt a little bit small.
I did some limited testing after posting that and I think there's a way to negate that wakeup bug, which is quite important if you want to wakeup with CB equipped and ready to ZL+A cause Maggie is always ready.

When you get hit by an attack that disables wirefall, press Y (use item) once while getting up and you should avoid the weird armed > unarmed sudden animation state.

I'll try and post clips of it when I've tested it further. In the meantime if you're still playing the demo, let me know how it goes :D

Oh and I haven't followed the promos or leaks much either; I needed Danjin to confirm that Tigrex was in for me in that other MHR thread haha.

TintoConCasera

I did some limited testing after posting that and I think there's a way to negate that wakeup bug, which is quite important if you want to wakeup with CB equipped and ready to ZL+A cause Maggie is always ready.

When you get hit by an attack that disables wirefall, press Y (use item) once while getting up and you should avoid the weird armed > unarmed sudden animation state.

I'll try and post clips of it when I've tested it further. In the meantime if you're still playing the demo, let me know how it goes :D

Oh and I haven't followed the promos or leaks much either; I needed Danjin to confirm that Tigrex was in for me in that other MHR thread haha.
Hey thanks! I uninstalled the demo just to stop myself to playing it even more (I think 30 hours is enough :messenger_tears_of_joy: ) but I'll make sure to try that on the final game. Thanks for the tip!

Pejo

Gold Member
I'm not even talking about raw numbers, you probably do more damage with the IG compared to a lance, but even the lance has that drilling monster ass counter move that feel powerfull as hell.
So it looks like the demo was missing some stuff that is in the real game. Here's a gameplay vid I saw earlier with some new moves. Actually looks pretty fun, can't lie.

Filth

Am I doing something wrong? all the mhr videos I see look very smooth and crisp. I'm playing on my pc monitor and the game feels like its 30fps and not as crispy as these videos. halp

Pejo

Gold Member
Am I doing something wrong? all the mhr videos I see look very smooth and crisp. I'm playing on my pc monitor and the game feels like its 30fps and not as crispy as these videos. halp
It's either 30fps or below on Switch, so nothing you do will get it to 60fps. Not sure how to quantify "crispness", but it's likely a picture settings issue.

Filth

It's either 30fps or below on Switch, so nothing you do will get it to 60fps. Not sure how to quantify "crispness", but it's likely a picture settings issue.
then how are all the videos of mhr i see looking so smooth :(

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

Make sure you still have the save data from the demo so you can get bonus when the game launch.
Oh! Thanks for reminding me, I'll have to check that out.

Finally got the two clips. First half is when I let her get up normally, second half is where I pressed Y during the wake up.

Oh man! wtf that's weird. I'll need to have that in mind or at least give it a go on the final game. Thanks for sharing it! :)

TintoConCasera

OT will go up either late tonight or early tomorrow morning. Really stoked for this game to release. I'm hoping Amazon delivers it Friday.
Thanks for the OT man. I got my confirmation by Amazon that it will arrive on Friday. I just hope the delivery company doesn't mess up.

I'm only posting this video cause of the meme picture he included lololol.
v2aWVkw.jpg

Edit: Funnily enough, that's actually my MH story in a nutshell. I tried LS in MH3U and stopped partway through. Once I tried CB in MH4U I never turned back.

Last edited:

Bodomism

Banned
Insect glaive looks very cool in the V-Jump video showcase.

My main weapon for the series
MH3U - Switch Axe
MH4U - Charge Blade
MHW - Switch Axe
MHR - It's going to be Charge Blade

Pejo

Gold Member
Day 2
aa25f569a733e093323150baf2e425cf1da20a95v2_00.jpg

I always wish I could get into bowguns. They look like a nice diversion from the melee centric way I usually play MH games. Inevitably I usually build a good LBG set at some point in each game (read Kirin) and give an honest try with them, but I'm just not into the core gameplay loop with them.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I always wish I could get into bowguns. They look like a nice diversion from the melee centric way I usually play MH games. Inevitably I usually build a good LBG set at some point in each game (read Kirin) and give an honest try with them, but I'm just not into the core gameplay loop with them.
Its same for me, I'm just more in to melee weapons like LS and Lance over range weapons like Bow and LB.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I only find the bowguns to be fun in a group. Either supporting others or a group full of LBG or HBG is super fun.

Top Bottom