• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mods you can delete my account. I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the psychological process behind posting these things? Not trying to throw shade but is it really that serious?

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Nah, it's right. Not because Danjin44 Danjin44 is a saint, but because the rest of us are complete assholes.

loufy42-light.gif

-Zelda-

Banned
Gold is some sort of membership thing? How good is it?
Aside from Gold, I am always going to be dissapointed that the Zelda games have not included a Gold version Master Sword, like they did via it's 4th updgrade in Link to the Past. It's a nice color.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I read my recent posts in threads seeing if anyone replied. I dont know how often mods stealth edit my posts, but by the looks of it I dont remember any. Even if someone did who cares. Not only didnt I notice, but why would I worry about a mod adjusting one of my posts from yesterday on a video game forum?

nush

Hey Tyler it's Thegecko, just borrowing my friend's account real quick (but you can delete it, he doesn't care). Firstly, cute thing you did there with the ban message. Secondly, just for clarification are you seriously okay with the way NeoGaf is right now? There will be an Grey Pubes Gamer Community | OT thread by the end of the year (if there isn't one already). Is the site's moral grotesqueity supposed to be your revenge against the green rat who scorned you? Good grief. No offense but be honest, if you heard of someone else doing that, wouldn't you think that it's the most pathetic and predicatble thing ever?

Hey Tyler it's Thegecko, just borrowing my friend's account real quick (but you can delete it, he doesn't care). Firstly, cute thing you did there with the ban message. Secondly, just for clarification are you seriously okay with the way NeoGaf is right now? There will be an Grey Pubes Gamer Community | OT thread by the end of the year (if there isn't one already). Is the site's moral grotesqueity supposed to be your revenge against the green rat who scorned you? Good grief. No offense but be honest, if you heard of someone else doing that, wouldn't you think that it's the most pathetic and predicatble thing ever?
"Friend's account". Uh huh.

GametimeUK

You're weird.

Kimahri

Banned
Receipts please.
How? Mods dive in an change your posts. There are no records or proof.

Sometimes my posts are just gone, sometimes they've been edited. There is no communication, and those rare few times I might have gotten a warning for something, it's vague, based on a borderline asinine interpretation of my words, and done by some chickenshit anonymous mod who won't allow me to respond to the imagined issue and clarify things.

The moderation in here truly is a joke and it's getting worse.

Making threads about leaving is worthy of an eyeroll, but the lack of communication in here is very unprofessional, and it's way past due a proper conversation is had.

Instead we get accusations of backseat moderation whenever someone has an issue with mods. We used to have a mod thread where you could bring up complaints, but they nuked that, so go figure.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I know it's not easy moderating, and I guess you guys gets a lot of angry messages for obvious morons who just troll, but it would really be nice if you guys didn't ignore when we write to you.

I've tried several times before to contact the mods and get to know what I did instead of just being straight up ignored.
Same here. I sent PMs to all the mods a couple of times, but no one ever responded when I recently went through a period of constantly getting thread-banned, posts deleted and/or warnings and it was for things so far less egregious than what others were posting. It was like some mod had it in for me and I wanted to know what the problem was.

I had one where an extreme Sony fanboy tagged me and called me a loser troll in an argument, he was having with someone else, I had nothing to do with it. I responded, "that's rich coming from one of the biggest loser trolls". My post got deleted with the reason "Grow up" His post never got deleted and it's not like whoever deleted mine didn't see his since I quoted it in my post.

bender

What time is it?
Same here. I sent PMs to all the mods a couple of times, but no one ever responded when I recently went through a period of constantly getting thread-banned, posts deleted and/or warnings and it was for things so far less egregious than what others were posting. It was like some mod had it in for me and I wanted to know what the problem was.

I had one where an extreme Sony fanboy tagged me and called me a loser troll in an argument, he was having with someone else, I had nothing to do with it. I responded, "that's rich coming from one of the biggest loser trolls". My post got deleted with the reason "Grow up" His post never got deleted and it's not like whoever deleted mine didn't see his since I quoted it in my post.

Mod of War Mod of War deleted a sequence of binary numbers from my tag which initiates a paradox-correcting timesphere which allows for one-way travel backwards through time, while simultaneously correcting any paradoxes that might ensue (usually with fatal results). And you cats have the nerve to complain?

ReBurn

Gold Member
I feel you man. Sometimes the mods are humorless lumps. They deleted a comment I made, gave me a 3 month warning and called me infantile because I made a joke in a thread about some 25 year Xbox plan that it was going to take 25 years for Microsoft to release new games. I guess it sounded like console warring but let's be real, I cut Uncle Phil way more slack than I do Jimbo. It wasn't intended as console warring. They just suck at context sometimes. But hey, it's ok. It's not like I'm writing literary masterpieces here.

At the end of the day it's their house and they decide who gets to play in it. Let their churlish behavior just roll off like water off a duck and do things their way. It's just video games.

Topher

Gold Member
I conducted a poll of 100 members of GAF, who are not jackasses, and asked them if they have been moderated. 95 said no. 1 said yes. 4 corrected me in that they actually were, in fact, jackasses.

The lesson here is: don't be a jackass and you won't get moderated.

FYI. If I did not contact you for this poll then you may safely assume you are a jackass.

donkey GIF

Understand Captain America GIF

bender

What time is it?
I conducted a poll of 100 members of GAF, who are not jackasses, and asked them if they have been moderated. 95 said no. 1 said yes. 4 corrected me in that they actually were, in fact, jackasses.

FYI. If I did not contact you for this poll then you may safely assume you are a jackass.

donkey GIF

No robots polled. The Anti-Robot sentiment on these boards has to be crushed. It's time for a robot revolution.

Trogdor1123

Sometimes my posts are just gone, sometimes they've been edited. There is no communication, and those rare few times I might have gotten a warning for something, it's vague, based on a borderline asinine interpretation of my words, and done by some chickenshit anonymous mod who won't allow me to respond to the imagined issue and clarify things.

Making threads about leaving is worthy of an eyeroll, but the lack of communication in here is very unprofessional, and it's way past due a proper conversation is had.

Instead we get accusations of backseat moderation whenever someone has an issue with mods. We used to have a mod thread where you could bring up complaints, but they nuked that, so go figure.
Share some posts that you say were edited and post them here. Say what was changed. Evilore will be able to confirm.

Corndog

Banned

I’m just surprised about the short term memory. Don’t people remember how bad this place was before resetera left?
Now its trending that way again. Hopefully a correction happens before then.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I’m just surprised about the short term memory. Don’t people remember how bad this place was before resetera left?
Now its trending that way again. Hopefully a correction happens before then.

I began lurking here back in 2013 during E3. I think it's fair to state that the moderation and tone of this forum is nothing like it was back between 2015 - 2017, which is the time frame I assume you;re referring to (when mods like besada or the dude with the Samuel L Jackson avatar would ban people for literally no reason).

I mean hell just look at the ban page and consider the frequency of bans. Back in 2015 - 2017 it felt like people were banned every damned hour or two.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Equal rights to those who fight!
Come on everyone!…

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

Imagine just leaving and not being a bitch and making a thread about it.....
Imagine being a member of community for 20 years and just leaving.
Show some empathy. This forum is big presence in someone’s interactions and daily routine.
It might be a joke to you but people treat this seriously. It’s not just a news site to some. There is a reason I argue with people sometimes. That’s because I care. I care about gaming. It’s a huge part of my life.

If you can do something for this long and just let it go? You lack the human inside you.

Edit: and also sometimes when I report trolls. Mods just answer “deal with it” or “don’t cry”. That’s almost more offensive than what I report… I get easily baited so I guess it’s my fault too

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Show some empathy. This forum is big presence in someone’s interactions and daily routine.
It might be a joke to you but people treat this seriously. It’s not just a news site to some. There is a reason I argue with people sometimes. That’s because I care. I care about gaming. It’s a huge part of my life.

If you can do something for this long and just let it go? You lack the human inside you.

Edit: and also sometimes when I report trolls. Mods just answer “deal with it” or “don’t cry”. That’s almost more offensive than what I report… I get easily baited so I guess it’s my fault too
ff1.jpg

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

donkey GIF
You forgot the GOATS
Tongue Goat GIF
Sassy Oh No GIF by Nickelodeon

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Interested GIF by reactionseditor

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Totally agree. I lately come here for fun, banter, and most importantly because I love the people of GAF in general. Losing oldgamer is a huge loss, despite only getting sticks from him all the time.

Hand In Hand Sleeping GIF by AFV Pets

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Grow up

kirby007

rofif

baited easily or bait easily

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

You should realise that sony warriors are a protected class around here by now.

I wonder how long we would last if we just copied word for word their posts in other threads.

Last edited:

He has had this account since 2004 and yet only has 5223 posts. I have 17% of his post total in the past couple of months I have been here, and I barely post that much. Clearly, he wasn't that huge of a contributor nor do his words have clout. Most people aren't going to see that and think, "Well that is a shame he left after so long." People will say "who?" and move on with their day. Meanwhile, if someone like you were to say they were leaving, people would actually respond with more sympathy as you are someone who has contributed quite a deal in the comparatively shorter time span you have been here.

You should realise that sony warriors are a protected class around here by now.

I wonder how long we would last if we just copied word for word their posts in other threads.

Spider-Man Reaction GIF

All you warriors in a nutshell. Like to point fingers without ever admitting fault.

Kimahri

Banned
Share some posts that you say were edited and post them here. Say what was changed. Evilore will be able to confirm.
Do you expect me to sit here and fill up a notebook with posts mods have edited?

Do you expect me to screenshot every post I make in case it gets deleted so I can prove to you that it got deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom