• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA General |OT| We just wanna bang GAF

GymWolf

The event is in Vegas but will be fought at Europe friendly times. Karen Till mentions it near the end of that massive post he's done. So please check times for your region. GymWolf GymWolf should be able to catch it on Sat night.
I never watch the direct, always a day later.
But considering the different hour, when i have to start avoid visiting yt to not get spoilers? With the usual hour i have no problem because spoilers start appearing around 2-3 am...

GymWolf

Dude I hate that fat reporter whose neck and chin are combined, "that's the tough part everyone thought it was entertaining until you lose and now its not entertaining anymore, like you shouldn't be acting that way?"

First of all no one said its not entertaining anymore, but there's a time and place for everything. Of course he shouldn't be acting that way in the cage when he's getting pummeled into the ground. He was laughing and having a conversation with Khabib instead of of his coach in the corner every round. And Kevin Holland realizes its people that support him that want him to be better, that's why he said I owe the people and no regrets for people being upset.

Edit: Bro this whole interview is the reporters trying to dig more and more trying cause a divide between Kevin and his fanbase and trying to get a headline, this is disgusting.
Still 100x times better than sleazy cunt helwani tbh.

Hay mma motherlovers social experiment time watch this fight in mute and tell me who won, and if you have the stomach for it watch again with sound and watch the promotion team in action(and the strange refereeing).

Vettori won the fight imo. Adesanya eyepokes not noticed by shitty herb & says work to vettori unnecessarily when he's more active than Ade. Commentary team were hyping Adesanya from the beginning & barely acknowledging Vettori. Dom & the company men working that script.
Lol vettori was on cocaine during the face off

He needs to cool it. Can't fail a second USADA test.

Solecki beats Jim Miller with correct decision. Its main time.

Platinum Mike Perry with a battle of chins. His words. Let's hope it lasts till 2nd round at least.

Perry lost the decision, 30-26 was harsh from 1 of the judges. Wrestling was a nice addition to Perry's arsenal, could've used more takedowns in this fight. Stay away from the standup & you might be OK.

Mike "Just bleed" Perry.

Dern coming up.
Christian Bale Swag GIF

R2 all vettori, Holland eye is fucked. Lose to a wrestler, get some grapple defence. Not smart, r3 another nightmare for him so far. Left eye is fucked.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Caught the card later it played while I was at work holland was dominated but props for taking the fight on short notice even after he lost to a wrestler needs to work more on that takedown defense need to do some training in dagestan haha I think he's gonna train with dc. First time I saw vettori fight had a good game plan for the fight because holland was landing in good shots during stand up. Need to watch the adesanya fight later

sharkie

he's always been a douche I mean the evidence is in his actions which he's shown multiple times I dont know why people still fall for his BS, he gained positive PR and his fan base will defend him no matter what, I dont know why anyone expected diffrent.

Lol he's full of shit. No organization is gonna let a 500k donation walk because they refused to show the person where the money is gonna go. He's just salty he got fucked up.

Edit: https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/new...cgregor-s-500k-donation-good-fight-foundation
Btw here's Dustin revealing his plans on twitter back on October 2020, if Conor wanted more details there's no way they said no :messenger_tears_of_joy: . This dude is such a moron, at least come up with something believable.

Last edited:

Conor: Give me 5x the praise cause I'm donating 5x the money.
OK Conor how will you pay for this positive clout you're enjoying.
Conor: Due Diligence bro. Also your honour is sus, why not go for the belt rather than fight me again. (just forget that 500k).

People will continue buying that snake oil unfortunately.

Last edited:

Blachowicz fighting #1 rank is good, Teixeira is feisty & recovers very well. Should be a good scrap & Rakic is willing to be a stand-in for that.
I wanna see Ankalaev in the equation as well, he's on a 6 fight win streak. Reyes not so much.

Bellator 257 tonight, will catch main card in the morning.

ONE had an entertaining card on weds.

UFC with Whittaker v Gastelum. Arlovski & Violent Bob Ross. Looks fun.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Blachowicz fighting #1 rank is good, Teixeira is feisty & recovers very well. Should be a good scrap & Rakic is willing to be a stand-in for that.
I wanna see Ankalaev in the equation as well, he's on a 6 fight win streak. Reyes not so much.

Bellator 257 tonight, will catch main card in the morning.

ONE had an entertaining card on weds.

UFC with Whittaker v Gastelum. Arlovski & Violent Bob Ross. Looks fun.

Can't forget the most anticipated fight of the year ben askren vs jake paul tomorrow night !!

Arkam

Nemkov vs Davis last night was fun. Davis looked good (despite not utilizing his wrestling), but damn did Nemkov have his number. Check out the fight stats. Not just the total amount landed but the percentage thrown vs landed. Davis was throwing (some heat too), but was not connecting.

Nemkov is someone to watch for sure. He will have a tough fight next against the winner of Romero/Rumble. IMO, who ever wins that side of the bracket wins the tournament.

Nemkov vs Davis last night was fun. Davis looked good (despite not utilizing his wrestling), but damn did Nemkov have his number. Check out the fight stats. Not just the total amount landed but the percentage thrown vs landed. Davis was throwing (some heat too), but was not connecting.

Nemkov is someone to watch for sure. He will have a tough fight next against the winner of Romero/Rumble. IMO, who ever wins that side of the bracket wins the tournament.
Was fun, reminded a little of early mma days. Davis didn't bother with wrestling & Nemkov was like a mini Fedor (that's not a compliment). Mma started as a tough guy sport, then continued evolving. Didn't see that here.

Magomedov the new Bantamweight at Bellator is 18-1. He beat & lost to Petr Yan. The only losses at they've had. Khabibs cousin at 145 will be the champion there. Why waste money bringing in Dinosaurs rather than invest in scouting new younger talent.

WHY are Rumble & Romero fighting in stage 1. The two fighters I'm watching the tournament for.

The commentating was crap, made me miss DC (bastards).

The announcer whose handle is "The Voice" was sad. Comparable with Dom "Asian Bruce Buffer" Lau. Announcing the winner of the grand prix match as STILL champion was stupid. So stupid.

Needed that.

Tonight's fights should be.....interesting. Gonna be flipping back and forth between Askren/Paul and UFC. Really happy to see Gastelum back, been too long. On the fence on who I want/think will win as I love both Bobby Knuckles and Gastelum. I really hope we see Askren put Paul out, never was a striker, but he didn't shy away from punching in ONE either, even though it def. wasn't his primary skill set. But the break and prior surgery has me second guessing myself too.

bronk

Banned
They are giving them some dasani water between rounds, thats fucked up haha. Thats the nastiest water on earth.

Crazy end to a fight, never seen a technical split decision. Don't blame him for not continuing tho, taking a full power knee low from a heavyweight makes me dick hurt just thinking about it.

bronk

Banned
That musical performance on triller was absolute garbage. 🤣 Some of the worst lip syncing ive seen in awhile. Bitch at least try. She was too busy humping. Straight garbage.

Edit: Then E40 and Too Short came on and it was pretty fun and made me laugh.

Last edited:
Top Bottom