• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA General |OT| We just wanna bang GAF

Biff

Damn was there really no GAF thread for the Paul Askren circus? And this thread is a ghost town too.

This forum is actually dying right? The last post in the off-topic section was... 10 minutes ago... fuck. What happened. I remember the days when half of the front page of Off-topic was all "moments ago" posts. And the MMA thread was legendary during fights.

I can't believe I'm saying this but a Jake Paul carny fight just made me realize this forum is on its deathbed. Damn. :(

Damn was there really no GAF thread for the Paul Askren circus? And this thread is a ghost town too.

This forum is actually dying right? The last post in the off-topic section was... 10 minutes ago... fuck. What happened. I remember the days when half of the front page of Off-topic was all "moments ago" posts. And the MMA thread was legendary during fights.

I can't believe I'm saying this but a Jake Paul carny fight just made me realize this forum is on its deathbed. Damn. :(

Had the boys over to watch both events. Fuck Jake Paul.

dam whittaker's a beast looked really good this fight

He looked good, he's worked some takedowns in & makes middleweight look good again. Vettori was in the house, Adesanya needs to be ready & no eyepokes this time.

Some decent fights littered about, crap reffing & terrible commentary from Bisping & Dom.

Eyepokes should be a straight -1 or dq. It's serious, or am I not seeing it.

Also sack Jeremy Stephens, go back to fighting on the playground.

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

It's not dying. I think a lot of the more active or prominent(?) members were turned off by the sudden shift in moderation and left the forum.

members were turned off by the sudden shift in moderation and left the forum.

That's putting it lightly. Crying censorship and then posting racist/graphic shit in retaliation over a fucking internet forum's rules. Sad but expected from that group of people.

Back on topic, next UFC card is straight stacked. Hella pumped for the weekend.

Stephens is such a dumbass, why the hell would he shove Klose as hard as he could...I hope the UFC makes him pay Klose's medical bills and gives him some of his show money. Klose pretty much just got assaulted and lost his pay day.

SpiceRacz

That's putting it lightly. Crying censorship and then posting racist/graphic shit in retaliation over a fucking internet forum's rules. Sad but expected from that group of people.

I think you're speaking to a select few individuals. The majority weren't acting out and either requested bans or disappeared.

GymWolf

All that juice smh

Cue GymWolf GymWolf being creative while dissing Izzy's name lol.. Please homie, why your hate towards him? Sincerely curious.

I already explained why i can't stand the guy.

But i'm gonna tell you when my hate started, tittysanya vs whittaker press conference, the idiot talk shit about whittaker not fighting against gastelum because of a potential life ending internal injury and he compared that to a minor foot injury, after that i laready knew that the guy was a cringe shithead.

Nail on the coffin? Him talking big about ko-ing romero and how all the previuous fighters were scared of him even if all the others faced him directly face to face instead of running like a bitch for the entire match aftef literally the first punch throwed by the cuban, after that i knew for sure that he was a deluded cunt.

Also i fucking hate the way he say "but" when he talk :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

I'm gonna run naked on the street if my boy vettori manage to crush him in the rematch 🕺
(Vettori also a bit of a shithead when he doubted darren till injury but still far better than nigerian lasagna)

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
'

Cry Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I already explained why i can't stand the guy.

But i'm gonna tell you when my hate started, tittysanya vs whittaker press conference, the idiot talk shit about whittaker not fighting against gastelum because of a potential life ending internal injury and he compared that to a minor foot injury, after that i laready knew that the guy was a cringe shithead.

Nail on the coffin? Him talking big about ko-ing romero and how all the previuous fighters were scared of him even if all the others faced him directly face to face instead of running like a bitch for the entire match aftef literally the first punch throwed by the cuban, after that i knew for sure that he was a deluded cunt.

Also i fucking hate the way he say "but" when he talk :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

I'm gonna run naked on the street if my boy vettori manage to crush him in the rematch 🕺
(Vettori also a bit of a shithead when he doubted darren till injury but still far better than nigerian lasagna)

I guess I wasn't in class that day 😉

Anyways, I'll have to watch those examples (again?) to see if I can get behind your view on him based on those instances. Then again I feel I'm pretty much an expert (lol) regarding sensing true unfiltered assholish behaviour and I never got that sense from watching him.

Thanks for replying mate

GymWolf

I guess I wasn't in class that day 😉

Anyways, I'll have to watch those examples (again?) to see if I can get behind your view on him based on those instances. Then again I feel I'm pretty much an expert (lol) regarding sensing true unfiltered assholish behaviour and I never got that sense from watching him.

Thanks for replying mate
We don't need to have the same opinion about him tho, you can like him all you want, i like costa and a lot of people hate his guts after the wine thing (that i believe is true because that night he wasn't the usual costa that was fearless against a counter puncher monster like romero).

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
No I know that bro, to each their own! It's just interesting to hear the reasons behind it all and try to understand why someone thinks about someone the way they do, especially if viewpoints are very contradictory. Again I never got that feeling from him; a little cocky, some shit talking sure.. So yeah.. Rockhold, now that's a class A Asshole =P

GymWolf

No I know that bro, to each their own! It's just interesting to hear the reasons behind it all and try to understand why someone thinks about someone the way they do, especially if viewpoints are very contradictory. Again I never got that feeling from him; a little cocky, some shit talking sure.. So yeah.. Rockhold, now that's a class A Asshole =P
I think he try to hard to look cool, both my examples was literally a 5 years old trying to look cool by making shit comparison.
No you are not cooler for fighting with a minor foot injury compared to a guy that can die from internal problems, you are a straight up moron for even making the comparison.

He talk big but it is extremely easy to unsettle him and his ego, he is an insecure child at the core.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Aren't we all tho in some sense? I find it's very easy for us to pass judgement on people that we dont even know, just some momentary snippets and we feel entitled to judge ones whole character on that. We're all human which means we all learn by the day. Being insecure doenst mean one is rotten to his of her core. I can't imagine being in such a place that everything I say and have said in the past would be put against me.. Then again I do the very same because that also is human I guess lol.

Lol why am I like this fml 😅

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member

Loss for Kamaru Usman's lil bro.

Looked like the other guy tapped tho and Werdum may have stepped off the gas before getting KO'd.

Update: Post-fight interview Werdum said he stopped pushing because of the tap he felt because he didn't want to injure the other guy.

Last edited:
Same goes for Mike Perry. Entertaining to listen to on Instagram but guy he lost 4 of his last 5. Donald is legit but maybe his biggest problem was that...anytime anywhere. Either he is going in for a quick paycheck or never prepares enough. Now just looked at his stats...lost the last 6 fights...I dont want that for him but im pretty sure UFC will cut him now.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Same goes for Mike Perry. Entertaining to listen to on Instagram but guy he lost 4 of his last 5. Donald is legit but maybe his biggest problem was that...anytime anywhere. Either he is going in for a quick paycheck or never prepares enough. Now just looked at his stats...lost the last 6 fights...I dont want that for him but im pretty sure UFC will cut him now.
It's that dumb balance between money and draw vs. talent.

On one hand, Cerrone should be fighting guys ranked 40th and in the prelims now. But he's a poplar fighter so the UFC has to push him as a main card draw to sell tickets.

If they want really him in the main card, make him 5th and fighting a no-name

From Cerrone's end, who knows how accepting he is of fights. He might be a super chill guy and says put me anywhere and fight anyone and if the UFC says he'll be the top fight or second with big $, Cerrone will gladly take it. Then again, he might mandate to the UFC if they want him to fight and sell tickets you got to put me as a main card among the top fights that night.

Last edited:
It's that dumb balance between money and draw vs. talent.

On one hand, Cerrone should be fighting guys ranked 40th and in the prelims now. But he's a poplar fighter so the UFC has to push him as a main card draw to sell tickets.

If they want really him in the main card, make him 5th and fighting a no-name

From Cerrone's end, who knows how accepting he is of fights. He might be a super chill guy and says put me anywhere and fight anyone and if the UFC says he'll be the top fight or second with big $, Cerrone will gladly take it. Then again, he might mandate to the UFC if they want him to fight and sell tickets you got to put me as a main card among the top fights that night.
Feels like a tuneup fighter now for fighters the ufc wants to promote. He's tough, but the other guy had more.

Michelle Waterston did great today but the commentary clowns only saw the other fighter, she beat Ribas & its another body for Bullet to beat easily. She got 2 49-46. I don't know.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Feels like a tuneup fighter now for fighters the ufc wants to promote. He's tough, but the other guy had more.

Michelle Waterston did great today but the commentary clowns only saw the other fighter, she beat Ribas & its another body for Bullet to beat easily. She got 2 49-46. I don't know.
Waterson is another one kind of like Cerrone but not as bad. Her record the past 5 years is nothing special and she even isn't given an official ranking in her belt level as she's worse than #15.. Yet half the time, her fight gets a top billing where the event is based on her fight being the main draw.

Then again, she's probably the best looking womens MMA fighter, so got to sell tickets, not talent.

Chandler had him. He was one flurry away. He took his foot off the gas and laid in guard to end that round. Big mistake
My brother would tell you its because fighters are stupid. The damage, dehydration, crowd & pressure will lose you iq points. Charles clung & survived and a minute 20 later kod him.
Few fighters have good fight iq & even less great. He's got time.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
What happen when no one want to fight him?? Can dana force a top 10 fighter to fight him??

don't think so I think when he sets up fights he always asks the fighter if they'd like to take the fight. i know RDA was supposed to face him last year but on two different occasions they each had to pull out due to medical reasons they should just make that again but I guess RDA doesn't want it right now might have injured himself

edit:

lol paul felder def doesn't want to fight him

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Anyone here that play UFC games? I recently been playing UFC4. Steep learning curve. I remember playing one if not the first game on dreamcast. It had Chuck on the cover if I remember correctly. I feel its gonna be pretty cool once muscle memory takes over!

Love this channel btw, made me purchase the game =D

Last edited:

GymWolf

For the guy who was asking why i can't stand adegnagna, listen at the very first minute of this video

Only a complete moron can compare a knee problem with internal problems who can cause death (and bobby still wanted to fight against kelvin, he was blocked by the medical commission obviously)

The guy is a cunt.

Top Bottom