• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mindhunter season 2 is one of the best seasons of TV I’ve seen in a while

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Surprised to see people liking season 1 more. I thought a more focused narrative would have been more well received. I hate to say it but if you watched the show for only the interviews I think you’ll be disappointed. I mean I expect those continue, but I think going forward there will be less, because at this point it’s about taking what they’ve learned and putting that into use to solve cases, and the more they learn, the less interviews they’ll likely have. Maybe next season they focus on the Night Stalker.

jdforge

Banned
Loving this show. Funnily when I first tried to watch it I couldn’t even make it through the first episode. So glad I gave it another chance. Fantastic TV.

morelan

My problem with Wendy's subplot is that it doesn't really influence how the character behaves in her job. I mean, once the subplot really starts Wendy's participation in the show is devoted entirely to it, so that we don't even see her working anymore. At least Holden's relationship in the first season had the function of allowing the character to express his personal thoughts about his job, and Tench's suplot has an influence on Tench's behavior in the Atlanta case. But Wendy's suplot can't even have a function because it becomes an end in itself, in a show that was supposed to be about serial killers, their behavior, thoughts etc.

Makariel

Surprised to see people liking season 1 more. I thought a more focused narrative would have been more well received. I hate to say it but if you watched the show for only the interviews I think you’ll be disappointed.
I don't watch the show for interviews, I watch the show for entertainment. And season 2 simply did not entertain me much for long stretches.

jonnyp

Really fucking good. Even better than season 1 which was really good. The likeness of some of the serial killers they have on this show are done so well, it amazes me. It’s been super compelling so far, dark, really well acted, and the shots and sets and scale of it all is done so well. Fincher is the GOAT for true crime related TV and movies. He’s just on a whole other level.

Just finished up episode 8.

Anyone else watching?

It's so much better than season 1.

I really liked both seasons to be honest.
My only real criticism is that I want more and I want it now!!!!

Fincher is such a damn amazing old school director. I feel spoiled when it comes to episodes he personally directed because other tv show directors simply just don't do dialogue like he does.

If Fincher and Holt McCallany don't get an emmy nod then the whole system is rigged.

thequestion

If there was ever a reason to subscribe to Netflix for a month, this show is it. The Fincher directed episodes are a thing of beauty. Hope we don’t have to wait long to get season 3. The quality of this show is on another level. Not a wasted episode or plot beat, in my opinion. Great music selections for the credits, too. 10/10

Season 1 is 9/10

Season 2 is 6/10

Yeah except all these guys were barely in Season 2.

Season 2 almost jumped the shark with their ham-fisted focus on Anna Torvs fumbling relationship skills, Tench’s autistic son, and Holdens disinterest in actual serial killers and sole interest in a possible serial killer.

Many plot threads were just ignored too like what was the point of Holdens panic attacks? That plot thread began at the end of Season 1 and was among the first shots in Season 2 then it was forgotten by the end of Episode 3 of Season 2.
Overall this was a disappointing Season.

Last edited:
Top Bottom