• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your most played Steam Deck games of the year?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I played the absolute shit out of my Steam Deck this year. Both the regular one and now the OLED. Always liked handhelds but now that I have a kid it has been absolutely clutch. I’ve always thought some games are just better suited for handhelds over playing on a TV and for the most part play different games on my PC than I do on the deck. So for me it’s been a weird mix of shit that I wouldn’t really wanna play on a TV. Sucks that Valve doesn’t track playtime separately for the deck but I think we all have a pretty good idea of what we played.

Amazing and simple baseball game. Not overly arcadey and not a sim either. It skirts the line very well and I have played a ton of the franchise mode. Just a very well done and addictive game.

I adored this game and played 90% on the deck. The OLED runs it at locked 90 fps.

NoMercyGameBox.jpg

Game hasn’t aged a day and still plays like a dream. Great roster as well.

Dragon-Ball-Z-Budokai-Tenkaichi-3-Playstation-2_1501b4b1-d928-4348-bf67-a9a640d7f2d8.70b545295f4487588593fef282e484e6.jpeg

I started playing Kakarot this year and it felt so soulless. Had to bring this banger back and it’s still so fun. Great, and I mean great, voicework. Fun combat. Weird fanservice shit. It’s got it all.

Square knocked this one out of the park. Great game that improved on the first in every way.

Square also knocked this one out of the park. This game is hard as fuck and the job system is so incredibly good here. Old school JRPG through and through.

Modern classic that looks and plays great at 90 fps on the OLED. I mostly played Spelunky 1 on Vita so this always felt like a handheld series to me.

Another series that feels like it’s just better on a handheld. I think I prefer disgaea 5 to this but i still played a ton of this. There is something fun to me about turning my brain off and watching the numbers go up.

Zathalus

I used to mainly use it for emulation and older or less demanding titles but I've recently setup moonlight on my PC and am streaming games from it. Cyberpunk 2077 with maxed out path tracing at 1080p native (DLAA) streamed to Steam Deck at a locked 90fps is far, far superior to just playing it natively.

Last edited:
I used to mainly use it for emulation and older or less demanding titles but I've recently setup moonlight on my PC and am streaming games from it. Cyberpunk 2077 with maxed out path tracing at 1080p native (DLAA) streamed to Steam Deck at a locked 90fps is far, far superior to just playing it natively.
RDR2 was fine playing natively, but when I started streaming it from PC I chose that and didn't look back. Better battery too.

AndrewRyan

SteamDeck is my favorite gaming device ever with 100s of games played this year. Love replaying my favorite levels portably. Here's the most played from this year:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Mass Effect Legendary Edition is mainly what I've been playing since I got a new Deck. EA launcher sucks but the game is great On the hardware.

Last edited:

WitchHunter

Banned
I played the absolute shit out of my Steam Deck this year. Both the regular one and now the OLED. Always liked handhelds but now that I have a kid it has been absolutely clutch. I’ve always thought some games are just better suited for handhelds over playing on a TV and for the most part play different games on my PC than I do on the deck. So for me it’s been a weird mix of shit that I wouldn’t really wanna play on a TV. Sucks that Valve doesn’t track playtime separately for the deck but I think we all have a pretty good idea of what we played.

Amazing and simple baseball game. Not overly arcadey and not a sim either. It skirts the line very well and I have played a ton of the franchise mode. Just a very well done and addictive game.

I adored this game and played 90% on the deck. The OLED runs it at locked 90 fps.

NoMercyGameBox.jpg

Game hasn’t aged a day and still plays like a dream. Great roster as well.

Dragon-Ball-Z-Budokai-Tenkaichi-3-Playstation-2_1501b4b1-d928-4348-bf67-a9a640d7f2d8.70b545295f4487588593fef282e484e6.jpeg

I started playing Kakarot this year and it felt so soulless. Had to bring this banger back and it’s still so fun. Great, and I mean great, voicework. Fun combat. Weird fanservice shit. It’s got it all.

Square knocked this one out of the park. Great game that improved on the first in every way.

Square also knocked this one out of the park. This game is hard as fuck and the job system is so incredibly good here. Old school JRPG through and through.

Modern classic that looks and plays great at 90 fps on the OLED. I mostly played Spelunky 1 on Vita so this always felt like a handheld series to me.

Another series that feels like it’s just better on a handheld. I think I prefer disgaea 5 to this but i still played a ton of this. There is something fun to me about turning my brain off and watching the numbers go up.
How come everyone gives fellatio to Steam and they still do not have any kind of affiliate program?

Elden Ring
Armored Core 6
Vampire Survivors (but I'm finally over it)
Forza Horizon 5
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak
Rimworld

How come everyone gives fellatio to Steam and they still do not have any kind of affiliate program?
Welcome to PC gaming. Where Steam doesn't have a monopoly. Nope, it really doesn't.

juanjocerero

Neo Member
2x1_NSwitchDS_AstralAscent.jpg

Brilliant game, kind of a shame not a lot of people are playing it, a great roguelite, a nice blend between Hades and Dead Cells.

• Fire
Reactions: GHG

GHG

2x1_NSwitchDS_AstralAscent.jpg

Brilliant game, kind of a shame not a lot of people are playing it, a great roguelite, a nice blend between Hades and Dead Cells.

I just started this the other day.

I need to make a thread on this game before the end of the year, it's the best roguelite to come out this year by a country mile. It's up there with Hades IMO.

juanjocerero

Neo Member
I just started this the other day.

I need to make a thread on this game before the end of the year, it's the best roguelite to come out this year by a country mile. It's up there with Hades IMO.

Yep, definitely wasn't expecting it to be so so good, I think I'll be playing it until Balatro comes out. Hoping to read your thread on it, hopefully it'll help the game to get some more of the attention it absolutely deserves.

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: GHG

Midn1ght

These two. Great games and ran beautifully at 60 on the deck.

And this one

Played many smaller games on it as well (Bugsnax, Ducktales, Gris, Hoa, etc...) and my daughter played a lot of Sackboy and completed Stray twice.
Fantastic device.

Last edited:
Vampire survivora, brotato, original re4 (I started new re4 on it but switched to PC due to the shooting galleries) ff10, armored core 1, persona 5

Top Bottom