• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Wow. Imagine badically admitting you bought Bethesda because Sony was in talks for a likely timed exclusive starfield.

Fucking hell.
Believe me, when Sony tries to pull a stunt like that (and I think they will with a Japanese publisher), I'll shit all over them too.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Spencer getting cooked

RjtLBxi.gif

Last edited:

Dane

He's complaining about Sony buying exclusive content like Deathloop and Ghostwire...

And he thinks the right call is to just buy publishers AND engage in the same strategy you are complaining about?

it's not about "Securing content" and keeping it on Xbox (while also allowing it on Playstation). It's about engaging in the SAME, if NOT WORSE, tactics than Sony by taking massive games off rival platforms.

This guy is such a snake oil salesman
Well, they could have chosen not to make it exclsuive

How Sony became market leader has nothing to do with this case. As a consumer I did not choose to be unable to play Spiderman on my Xbox. I had to buy a PlayStation for that, cause Sony made it exclusive. When someone mandates they stop doing that, then they can mandate Microsoft to do the same... Making games exclusive to your platform is something all 3 players do. Whether you promoted 100 guys from your mail room to make that game, or bought 100 guys from a smaller studio and made them your own matters for nothing. There is nothing in this deal that threatens fair market competition.

Game Exclusivity, per Sony even, has nothing to do with this acquisition. Sony doesn't want the deal to go through cause they have their boots on MS's throat in the console space, and MS getting Activision might give Xbox a sliver of life. Everyone is pretending it's something else but it's not. Xbox is trying to be more competitive, Sony is trying to block them from getting more competitive, and everyone is acting like MS is the bad guy here.

There, there. It's gonna be okay. I've got a shoulder you can lean on. Even some tissue if you need it.

Everything's gonna be alright.

killatopak

I think I’ll just look at this thing once it’s done. It’s like I’m watching Depp vs. Heard again except there’s no bee stepping, crazy psychologists and taking lots of drugs. Lots of ignoring the yes or no questions.

Venom Snake

What the fuck is he doing, is that supposed to be his line of defence? After what we heard yesterday? It's like he's talking slightly tipsy to his faithful fan base, i just can't believe it. :messenger_fearful:

Dane

Right, they could have which is where you would trust their words. But their actions speak otherwise. If it's about ensuring it stays on Xbox, that doesn't mean you need to remove it from a platform it was already on
Then why Sony made them exclusive when they were announced with no exclusivity attached and were expected to be multiplatform as it was the standard for Zenimax since Oblivion?

Ar¢tos

How Sony became market leader has nothing to do with this case. As a consumer I did not choose to be unable to play Spiderman on my Xbox. I had to buy a PlayStation for that, cause Sony made it exclusive. When someone mandates they stop doing that, then they can mandate Microsoft to do the same... Making games exclusive to your platform is something all 3 players do. Whether you promoted 100 guys from your mail room to make that game, or bought 100 guys from a smaller studio and made them your own matters for nothing. There is nothing in this deal that threatens fair market competition.

Game Exclusivity, per Sony even, has nothing to do with this acquisition. Sony doesn't want the deal to go through cause they have their boots on MS's throat in the console space, and MS getting Activision might give Xbox a sliver of life. Everyone is pretending it's something else but it's not. Xbox is trying to be more competitive, Sony is trying to block them from getting more competitive, and everyone is acting like MS is the bad guy here.
Spider-Man is a licensed IP, Disney has to ok the exclusivity in a per game basis. Just like they did with Indiana Jones for Xbox.
Sony Pictures has the movie rights, Sony Interactive Entertainment has zero rights and has to negotiate per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom