• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

feynoob

I'm not going to name names because they're here and they know we got all the receipts...

But there's a lot of people in this thread who stressed the following "Why would Microsoft take games off Playstation." Like they were some type of good guy? Behind the scenes, as soon as they got the chance that's the first thing they did. Microsoft's PR isn't just hypocritical, it's nefarious and misleading by design.
I have been saying that it's going to be exclusive.
People thought that Disney wont allow MS that.

Now we found out this.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Microsoft's PR isn't just hypocritical, it's nefarious and misleading by design.
Facts GIF by Judge Jerry

Kilau

Gold Member

Varteras

Gold Member
"We swear! PlayStation games are coming!"

When? Hi-Fi Rush didn't. Redfall didn't. Starfield won't. Indiana Jones won't. Two of those, that we know of, had their PS5 versions canceled right after acquisition. I can assure you, all of those had PS5 versions. You'd have to be a total rube to believe otherwise. Hell, there are indications that ES6 isn't either.

Meanwhile, Bungie's next game, Marathon, was announced as coming to Xbox. Not really creating a compelling case here. Now, your head of Zenimax just said he's unhappy that Zenimax was told to make their games exclusive while ABK "supposedly" will not.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Dr_Ifto

Why can’t PlayStation put pressure on Bungie and cancel Xbox version of Marathon?
They can, but they are contractually obligated not to, as part of the purchase agreement. I mean, they can eventually, but it would lead to walkouts and probably lawsuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom