• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It only demonstrates their plans could change any time

Games rotate from sub services routinely, including first party games. If those games are taken off after 1 or 2 years of them entering, it will still be brought up as "see, they took them off".

This is a zero sum situation.

DJ12

When the content was made is irrelevant, the body of the email was about putting 1P content on rival subscription services. It's not my argument, we can all see the change between then and now.
There is no change, the content existed on the platform before MS owned them. If they removed the content they would be sued to fuckery or just have to refund every purchase made on thise platforms.

Can new ps5 owners still get deathloop on psn+ or ghost wire now the contract is up?

Are they available on gamepass?

feynoob

Case by case basis.
This shit is hot.
Pop Corn GIF by WWE

Bring next news.

Darsxx82

Very interesting stuff about Indiana Jones.

- Indiana Jones was PlayStation, Xbox, and PC. Disney signed with Bethesda.
- After the acquisition, Xbox amended the contract with Disney.
- Now PlayStation is dropped. Xbox/PC only.
They have also said that The Outer World 2 came to PS5 when FTC interrogated Matt Booty...

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Can new ps5 owners still get deathloop on psn+ or ghost wire now the contract is up?

Yes they're both on PS+

Are they available on gamepass?

Yes.

Which nicely leads me to my own post.

Games rotate from sub services routinely, If those games are taken off after 1 or 2 years of them entering, it will still be brought up as "see, they took them off".

This is a zero sum situation.

graywolf323

112d0fac8a62549a378105386bd72c62.jpg

I guess Indiana Jones is now a "new ip/uncertain audience" for certain people.

Case by case my ass lmao
don’t forget Elder Scrolls VI which is a sequel to a multiplatform game that sold 60+ million copies but Microsoft doesn’t consider it enough of a mass market seller to not make exclusive 🙄

Is that legal!? This is spicy hot 🔥

- and what now of all the talk that the FTC is weak? So far their lawyers have been kicking ass.
it’s legal, just proves all the PR Xbox has been pushing these past few years was complete and utter bullshit

Last edited:

Pelta88

Very interesting stuff about Indiana Jones.

- Indiana Jones was PlayStation, Xbox, and PC. Disney signed with Bethesda.
- After the acquisition, Xbox amended the contract with Disney.
- Now PlayStation is dropped. Xbox/PC only.

I'm not going to name names because they're here and they know we got all the receipts...

But there's a lot of people in this thread who stressed the following "Why would Microsoft take games off Playstation." Like they were some type of good guy? Behind the scenes, as soon as they got the chance that's the first thing they did. Microsoft's PR isn't just hypocritical, it's nefarious and misleading by design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom