• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solidus_T

LOL at how everyone (including myself) said the CMA would be the toughest opponent of this deal. This is slaughter
Phil wanting Bethesda exclusives because it looks better for XBOX players is hypocrisy in it's purest form.

Phil Spencer's internal emails do not match any of his public statements.
Phil is possibly the slimiest gaming corporate figure ever.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Disney obviously hates money if they are OK with dropping the platform with the bigger market share.

Nah. I'm pretty sure MS gave them a check worth $100 million or more to keep it off of Playstation.

Oh man this is some juicy stuff. You could tell in early post-acquisition interviews with Pete that he was unhappy cancelling PS projects.

Yeah it's clear as day. His company and employees spent millions of dollars and energy making the PS5 versions. That wouldn't make anyone happy.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
have you ever considered working for a politician with the experience you have at spinning things?
And that's different to MS's PR how?
James Franco Reaction GIF

graywolf323

LOL at everyone saying the CMA would be the toughest opponent of this deal. This is slaughter

Phil is possibly the slimiest gaming corporate figure ever.
he’s like a slimy used car salesman but with incredible charisma (apparently) that’s established a massive cult of personality around him & a press corp that doesn’t seem to want to call him out even when they know he’s BSing

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Microsoft has zero inherit talent to produce quality games so they are using their war chest to not makes games but essentially keep known highly successful 3rd party games off of Playstation.
it's sad now they are pushing the industry with consolidation

why is the thread going so fast today ? did i miss something?

graywolf323

it's sad now they are pushing the industry with consolidation

why is the thread going so fast today ? did i miss something?
the first day of the FTC court case is happening and we’re getting a LOT of juicy details since Microsoft had the bad habit of telling the truth in their emails completely contradicting the PR they were putting out at the same time

Last edited:

Nydius

Gold Member
Not that the judge will rule in their favor, but this is already a far more damning hearing than I think any of us expected.

In a just world, she would rule in favor of the FTC. Today alone they’ve proven that Microsoft’s entire intention is to limit competition and use their massive bankroll to use Game Pass as a loss-leader subscription service to strongarm the industry. Internal emails have directly and repeatedly contradicted all of Microsoft’s public statements, including those made in other regulatory cases (EC, CMA). And this is just day one.

Alas, we don’t live in a just world and the reality is the Judge’s palms were probably greased long before this hearing date was set.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
In a just world, she would rule in favor of the FTC. Today alone they’ve proven that Microsoft’s entire intention is to limit competition and use their massive bankroll to use Game Pass as a loss-leader subscription service to strongarm the industry. Internal emails have directly and repeatedly contradicted all of Microsoft’s public statements, including those made in other regulatory cases (EC, CMA). And this is just day one.

Alas, we don’t live in a just world and the reality is the Judge’s palms were probably greased long before this hearing date was set.
Her son did just recently get a job at MS. I expect his career to be fasttracked very soon.

graywolf323

the fact her son works at Microsoft likely would give the FTC grounds for appeal though

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Lawyer asked Sarah why Xbox is expanding into the PC gaming market

what kind of a question is that lol

tmlDan

anyone has the link for the live?
It's a zoom link, only has a max capacity of 1,000 and its full.

Most of us are using live threads on twitter tracking the trial

I love how these so called professionals are so quick to defend Xbox and Microsoft; they don’t want to lose their privileges:

When did PlayStation cancel the Xbox version of Spider-Man?

what happened to John? did he get paid off recently? they've been really anti-ps the last couple of months

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom