• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Bay apologizes for 'Armageddon'

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilkLizard

That movie was awesome. I don't know how many times I saw it when I was younger, but it's definitely on top with The Rock and Face/Off.

Fusebox

Banned
I loved Armageddon, but shouldn't the writer of the article apologise for dropping a 'spastic' bomb way out of term?

In the same article, Bay defends his spastic 1995 breakthrough hit, Bad Boys

dark_chris

Gold Member
Armageddon was great! Good enough to be rereleased by the Criterion Collection.
HE should apologize for transformers.

inm8num2

Bad Boys II was one of the most awful movies I've ever seen. Just way too over the top.

Armageddon was garbage but is still somewhat entertaining. Not to mention it has one of the greatest lines ever uttered in film history:

Owen Wilson said:
Chewie? Have you even SEEN Star Wars?

sleepykyo

should apologize for transformers
armageddon was great

Yep.

My visual effects supervisor had a nervous breakdown, so I had to be in charge of that. I called James Cameron and asked ‘What do you do when you’re doing all the effects yourself?’ But the movie did fine.”

It seems like he internalized the joke about how Michael Bay movies are all about explosions.

PowderedToast

bay has only gotten better as time has gone on

unfortunately people are paid to write about his movies when they don't know what the fuck they're talking about

SRG01

Armageddon is still one of my favorite movies of all time because it's deeply entertaining and has zero dead spots throughout the entire film.

TF2 was probably his worst film by a wide margin.

blackflag

Hmm I enjoy Armageddon because it's bad in a good way and somewhat funny.

The rest of his movies are what he should apologize for....all of them.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Micheal Bay doesn't know the secret of the ooze, he is clueless on the oozes secrets.

Ryaaan14

Banned
This is some next level manipulation. Bay wants us to think good movies are bad so in turn all his shitty movies were awesome?

Muffdraul

Oh, I love Armageddon. The soundtrack was worth the price of admission (the score; not the Aerosmith re-hashing).

I still want the Criterion version on blu-ray. (Seriously: HOW in the HELL did this get a Criterion release???)

I used to go crazy wondering about that too. At some point I was told that it had something to do with them securing the rights to something else they wanted. i.e. "We'll allow you to license _______, but only if you license Armageddon too." No idea if actually true.

Tesseract

Banned
armageddon is my favorite movie to watch stoned. i don't have a gif but mcd (bear) stripping down on the hospital bed or whatever cracks me up every time. rest in peace, big rizzle.

h1nch

From the P&G trailer I thought the editing was still very Bay-ish. While the cuts aren't quite as rapid, he has an annoying habit of having the camera slowly pan around every single shot. Every scene where two or more people are talking the camera just slowly swoops around, almost like he wants to make sure you get a good look at all the artificial coloring they put into the scene and set design.

I thought that the first part of The Island was his most subdued work to date, awful product placement notwithstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom