• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Bay apologizes for 'Armageddon'

Status
Not open for further replies.
should apologize for transformers
armageddon was great

He needs to apologize for three things:

1) Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
2) The fact that Bad Boys 3 has yet to be released
3) The fact that Bad Boys 2 is nowhere to be found on Bluray even though it was on the original sizzle reels.

But this isn't the Transformers Triology.

I bet he would add an hour long needless action sequence to the third act aka Transformers 3.

Armageddon was ok, we need an apology for Transformers 2 and 3...... NOW!!

Bay, you moron. Armageddon is a great movie, Transformers is what you should be apologizing for.
All my work is done before I could even do it.

Valnen

Why is he apologizing for what was an amazing movie? Deep Impact was shit compared to the awesomeness of Armageddon.

He might as well apologize for this godawful-looking roids movie that comes out this week.

I swear I had to watch that fucking trailer about five times in theaters.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Armageddon is Bay's second or third best film of all time.

We're in for a long day of apologies if he thinks that Armageddon is worth apologizing over.

Raxus

Armageddon is Bay's second or third best film of all time.

We're in for a long day of apologies if he thinks that Armageddon is worth apologizing over.

I still think The Rock was his best but as of late I don't think he even cares about what he is making.

Armageddon is actually one of his 'better' films, I think.

His films ranked, from crap to crappiest:

The Rock
Bad Boys
Bad Boys II
Armageddon
The Island
Transformers
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Pearl Harbor

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Wait, Bad Boys II is not on Blu-Ray? How is that possible?

The Rock
Bad Boys
Bad Boys II
Armageddon
The Island
Transformers
Pearl Harbor

I would move Bad Boys II below Armageddon, The Island and Transformers.

Bay is a fantastic commercial photographer. Bad Boys and The Rock are great action films. Armageddon was dumb as dirt but spectacular for its lensing.

His biggest problem is his taste. He simply needs to grow up an not pander to what he thinks the audience wants. In doing so he seems to target below lowest common denominator.

Didn't Bruce Willis cut all ties with Bay?

Yeah but who cares. An actor does their month or two on a film and then fucks off. A director is responsible for 100% of everything that appears on screen and bears the stress of it all.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I loved Armageddon...

And what about the third act would he have changed? They were sent to drill a hole... and they drilled a hole. The ending almost made me cry even. Not quite sure what could have changed.

The meteor was the ancient Autobot, Prime Prime. He would've woken up and saved Bruce Willis.

Bad Boys 2 is an offense on many levels besides being a complete bore after 500th explosion and pointless uninvolving shit going on. How is gets love I don't understand, it's just annoying and long.

Liha

Banned

The Rock
Bad Boys
Bad Boys II
Armageddon
The Island
Transformers
Pearl Harbor

I agree this ranking.

Status