• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV XBO audio stuttering and framing issues. Chance of a patch?

sethcheek

Happens to me two or three times an hour. As soon as I hear the audio stuttering I try to go prone and stay still, because if it freaks out while I'm pushing forward, I'm just going to keep going forward for the four or five seconds until the game recovers. Hope it gets patched.

XBO/digital here.

Xbone digital, happens more and more often as I progress. Sometimes if I pause and wait it still happens when I unpause. I'm a bit worried that they haven't acknowledged this issue

W.S.

I'm going to try to see what's going on in the official support page but I hope more news outlets report this thing so that it eventually gets fixed.

Since Metal Gear Online's still planned to go ahead I have a tiny bit of hope that it'll be addressed along the way. If not people should keep hounding them (which I'll be doing as well).

Same thing here BIG TIME. It happens every 5 minutes on mine. It's my only problem with the game. I have the physical copy but it's installed on an external 1TB USB 3.0 drive. I use resume almost all the time, but I have done a hard reboot to no avail.

Anyone heard anything on an update or fix?

notworksafe

oh weird, i figured this was just me and related to win 10 streaming. happens maybe once an hour for me, it's a bit annoying.

This happens quite regularly to me too. For a few seconds the game massively stutters, audio gets severely distorted, and there is a complete loss of control. I would say it happens about once every 20-30min or so. I figured it had to do with streaming in new data, but whatever it is, it is really bad and needs to be fixed.

It happens to me at least once every time I play the game. I've yet to be killed or discovered because of it though.

Detective

Same here. I tried to talk to MS support for a refund. No can do.

I said to them that MS should quality check the games before launching them. No help.

So what should we do? Why not a refund?

Nephtes

Some people using the new NXOE dashboard in the preview program on Xbox One reddit have said that the new dashboard makes this issue go away.

That's not exactly a confirmation though...

kyo27

Some people using the new NXOE dashboard in the preview program on Xbox One reddit have said that the new dashboard makes this issue go away.

That's not exactly a confirmation though...

I still get it on the new dash. It might only be the sound stuttering a little now though and not affecting actual player movement. I will have to test it more to be sure.

watership

I also have this issue. It's a three fold hit. Sound breaks up, framerate drops and the controls actually lock in the last in the last I put I made.

It's a really strange thing as it seems to have nothing to do with what's going on on-screen. The game runs silky smooth during the most hectic scenes for hours, and the out of nowhere it'll happen. For me, it has gotten worse since the last MGS V patch.

Top Bottom