• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition Q&A: ‘Next-Gen Consoles Are Much More Powerful Than We First Thought’

S0ULZB0URNE

Nobody said that, stop lying.

"While both the Xbox Series X and PS5 share the same AMD RDNA 2 architecture"

"The PlayStation 5, on the other hand, despite being based on RDNA 2 tech, won’t support many of the next-gen features from AMD
"
Says that in my quotes.
We can see exactly what you are doing and this isn't the 1st time you have done it.
Your post history speaks volumes.

Correct that's what I am saying. You are still showing what PRT does.

But SFS is is not only that. It also tells the next frame which partial texture to load which is not in memory, that's sampler feedback and it is unrelated with partial textures
Its exactly what prt does you are explaining virtual texturing, they didnt invent virtual texturing to simply save performance as your alluding 😂 its to save memory since they couldnt fit all textures on memory so stop confusing people.

FritzJ92

There is an 8k logo on Xbox too, pal, GPU pc also if I'm not wrong. Can't believe you try to sell such output label outside the box as Sony claim native resolution. Can you point me out at least whenever Sony has ever talked about mandatory resolution for the ps5 hardware (differently to MS)? It has many flaws but it's passed awhile from their overpromises attitude.

I only have the US box to represent and the XSX box has a 4K, 120 FPS, XVA and Series X logo on the box. But feel free to show me the 8K logo.
Alternatively, Xbox did promise native 4K and they definitely have some games where they don’t come close to it while having many games also hit 4K.
None of this counters my point that attacking the series S is silly, when no one is attacking the PS5 or XSX about their resolution deficiencies.

Godfavor

Its exactly what prt does you are explaining virtual texturing, they didnt invent virtual texturing to simply save performance as your alluding 😂 its to save memory since they couldnt fit all textures on memory so stop confusing people.
PRT does not sample missing data that is not in memory, you got everything confused.

Here this is easy:
PRT + SF = SFS

Last edited:
Yeh like I said that should be called out too. I'm not aware of the history going back that far.

But his last post, which I remember reading at the time, was awful. There is no escaping which particular crowd he called out in that instance.

Sending stuff to his house man along with threats, that's scary stuff. Just over a plastic box.
Like I told you that post he made you reference was made AFTER he was ran off of this board. In addition John was complaining about threats he was getting on Twitter not here at GAF. No one should bother people over video games which is why it's especially sad when overzealous Sony fans run the professionals away from here.
Playing dumb eh?

6ZbaNex.jpg
That was a promotional image and does not look anything like the actual chip in the system.

wEQOPxS.jpg

I only have the US box to represent and the XSX box has a 4K, 120 FPS, XVA and Series X logo on the box. But feel free to show me the 8K logo.
Alternatively, Xbox did promise native 4K and they definitely have some games where they don’t come close to it while having many games also hit 4K.
None of this counters my point that attacking the series S is silly, when no one is attacking the PS5 or XSX about their resolution deficiencies.
Why do people refuse to answer why the XSS is held to a higher standard than the PS5 and XSX it makes no sense.

Last edited:
Who did this?

I mean people making comments like this both here and on twitter.

A game which proves that Sony and its playstation 5 is truly a system based on a last generation Technology.
And only proves what I have been saying for a long time now that Sony is selling you old technology with a few new parts.
It's a old code base Running on a new technology, Xbox 1. PS4 , PS4 pro, X1X and PS5 are all GCN based that perform in that order, and the 1 ture next-gen architecture is still running in last Gen mode.
Right now we are in a cross Gen. Game situation where most of the games are built using old technology old coding paths of GCN. Where Sony and its playstation 5 Fits in perfectly due to its old Gcn hardware.

Don't understand how anyone can come to that conclusion even after what AMD told us.

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
That was a promotional image and does not look anything like the actual chip in the system.

promote​

verb

c: to present (merchandise) for buyer acceptance through advertising, publicity, or discounting

So Microsoft presented their product on twitter one of the largest social media platforms as capable of 8K printed on the SoC that was due to be put inside their next generation console.

Either way you slice it, you can't say what Microsoft is doing is ok but on the other hand Sony advertising on the Box just like Microsoft, that the console is capable of 8K output as the HDMI specifications allows is not ok.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Yet they couldnt add tesselation, which adds a ton of fine detail, and makes the game world look a lot less 'flat'.
If you like RT or not, the cutbacks needed for it are not always worth it imo.

JackMcGunns

Thats not what he means, he means mesh shaders doesnt improve much since they are already using a mature geometry pipeline and as for sfs it has been done since xbox 360 its called virtual texturing and some engines use it some dont, it aint gonna save series s memory issues

And what about Tier 2 VRS?

chilichote

It seems common knowledge that the XSeX has 8K-gaming to offer.

That's not the only article you can find on Google in a hurry.

Edit:
And sorry for being off topic - but apparently it's not about Metro anymore anyway here^^

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
Like I told you that post he made you reference was made AFTER he was ran off of this board. In addition John was complaining about threats he was getting on Twitter not here at GAF. No one should bother people over video games which is why it's especially sad when overzealous Sony fans run the professionals away from here

You're probably trying to make the point that Sony fans are worse, somehow.

However, in his final post here was basically desperate plea for Xbox fans to stop threatening him and sending stuff to his home address. Knowing you, you probably dispute this and he should have contacted MS customer services for help.

Frankly though his life worsened because he dared to make some negative Xbox comparisons. Fanboys take things much, much too far. Absurd behaviour.

I think some of the stuff you have said in the past towards developers makes this place somewhat unattractive to people from the industry. Maybe you should tone down your criticism.

Tripolygon

Banned
Yet they couldnt add tesselation, which adds a ton of fine detail, and makes the game world look a lot less 'flat'.
If you like RT or not, the cutbacks needed for it are not always worth it imo.
Everything comes at a cost. I think they should have provided a 30fps locked option for those who want all the bells and whistles in visuals.

dcmk7

Banned

promote​

verb

c: to present (merchandise) for buyer acceptance through advertising, publicity, or discounting

So Microsoft presented their product on twitter one of the largest social media platforms as capable of 8K printed on the SoC that was due to be put inside their next generation console.

Either way you slice it, you can't say what Microsoft is doing is ok but on the other hand Sony advertising on the Box just like Microsoft, that the console is capable of 8K output as the HDMI specifications allows is not ok.

He doesn't know what ignorant means.

Ignorance is taking a legitimate question and turning it into some sort of personal attack because it wasn't praise of your favorite platform.

So good luck with explaining this. Probably a waste of time unfortunately.

promote​

verb

Nah. Every PS5 has 8K on the front box. The Xbox Series says 8K HDR on the side and makes no reference to gaming at all. They are not the same with regards to the idea of false advertising. The sad thing is that Sony doesn't need to be deceptive to get people to buy their device so it makes it look even worse. It reminds me of the 'we believe in generations' thing.

It seems common knowledge that the XSeX has 8K-gaming to offer.

That's not the only article you can find on Google in a hurry.

Edit:
And sorry for being off topic - but apparently it's not about Metro anymore anyway here^^
This article isn't written by MS at all. It seems to be more about asking the question if people should buy an 8K display device for the Xbox. Again this is nothing like plastering 8k on the front of the box. I am wise enough to know that Sony wasn't being serious but it is still not the same thing.

In the end it is all meaningless. It's all marketing and the good news is that the XSS has more power than people are giving it credit for. Hopefully people can stop making up imaginary standards that the cheapest box has to adhere to while the more expensive devices get a pass.

However, in his final post here was basically desperate plea for Xbox fans to stop threatening him and sending stuff to his home address. Knowing you, you probably dispute this and he should have contacted MS customer services for help.

Frankly though his life worsened because he dared to make some negative Xbox comparisons. Fanboys take things much, much too far. Absurd behaviour.

I think some of the stuff you have said in the past towards developers makes this place somewhat unattractive to people from the industry. Maybe you should tone down your criticism.
Overzealous Sony fans are demonstrably worse. This is mostly because they are the most numerous. There are still several of those guys with tags on this very forum. As much as you try to make this about the Xbox he was talking about Twitter comments and everyone knows Twitter is a no mans land. He wasn't regularly posting on this forum when he made the post you are talking about. All overzealous fans are a problem but when they represent the majority it is a major issue hence why he was ran off this forum by the Sony guys.

My opinion on the XSS and devs complaining stand. I have said nothing disrespectful and you have yet to prove I called anyone lazy. You enjoy diving through my past posts so it should have been pretty easy to find. This news story was proof those devs hadn't used the full features of the device and they should BEFORE making judgments about its capabilities. You purposefully ignored any positive comments about the XSS from other devs so it appears like you had some sort of agenda. I also still believe that Twitter isn't the place to ask for support from MS on the development environment of the system. I am certain that MS would assist any developer that was working on an Xbox game as it would be in their own self interest. If MS was refusing to help devs that would be a real story. Maybe you should actually get all the facts before you trash talk the XSS in the future. As in the case with John leaving the board you don't seem to know all the details yet you still felt the need to chime in. Knowledge is power man.

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
Nah. Every PS5 has 8K on the front box. The Xbox Series says 8K HDR on the side and makes no reference to gaming at all.
Nah?

Power Your Dreams with Xbox Series X, Available Holiday 2020​

Phil Spencer, Head of Xbox

From a technical standpoint, this will manifest as world-class visuals in 4K at 60FPS, with possibility of up to 120FPS, including support for Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), and 8K capability.
already timestamped, just press play

Last edited:

chilichote

This article isn't written by MS at all. It seems to be more about asking the question if people should buy an 8K display device for the Xbox. Again this is nothing like plastering 8k on the front of the box. I am wise enough to know that Sony wasn't being serious but it is still not the same thing.
Well, somehow the authors of the various articles that can be found on Google must have come up with the idea. Possibly because MS could have indicated this more or less clearly? With the die-shot with the "8K" on it and other things? Hm?

Aaaaand this:
Nah?

Last edited:

Eh??

This is probably in job description at digital foundry. Dealing with fanboys.

They perhaps have an underground bunker for the inevitable fanboys attack.

They seem to be living in relative peace, compared to how much shit they stir up.

dcmk7

Banned
have said nothing disrespectful and you have yet to prove I called anyone lazy. You enjoy diving through my past posts so it should have been pretty easy to find.
It is.
That is why many developers drop the feature. It's not that it can't do it, it's that some developers don't want to take the time to make it work. The fact that it CAN do it shows its a next gen console that happens to be the most affordable on the market. I don't know why you can't understand this. It is still a class above the X1X despite it not running games in 4K.

Wasn't hard to find at all.

As for this..
Maybe you should actually get all the facts before you trash talk the XSS in the future. As in the case with John leaving the board you don't seem to know all the details yet you still felt the need to chime in
Can you show me a post from John were he made a desperate plea to get Sony fans to stop threatening him and sending stuff to his house? I doubt it. Toxic behaviour.

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
Eh??

This is probably in job description at digital foundry. Dealing with fanboys.

They perhaps have an underground bunker for the inevitable fanboys attack.

They seem to be living in relative peace, compared to how much shit they stir up.

Having overzealous fans threatening them and sending stuff to their personal address because of a comparison is acceptable? smh.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
It was already posted some page ago 😂
Xbox-Series-X-retail-box-left-side.jpeg

sassy d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

Last edited:
PRT does not sample missing data that is not in memory, you got everything confused.

Here this is easy:
PRT + SF = SFS
Sampler feedback has been in amd gpus for a decade your the one confusing yourself sampling missing data doesnt change the fact that its virtual texturing. It aint going to save series s memory or bandwidth multiplier than what has already been achieved with other virtual exturing methods as microsoft are claiming thats total marketing palavar.

Ppl accusing Riky of doing the same to get him banned is a very low move though. He never said anything close to that, at least not recently. Not accusing you btw.

Haven't seen him said that but he did say the CUs were a serious limitation for PS5 games. But I don't think anyone can agree with that because it's keeping up with the XSX. So far I haven't seen devs lock out 60FPs or RT due to the PS5 having less CUs. That to me would be an example of a serious limitation. Kind of like Doom running 60FPs on tbe X1 but 30FPs on the Switch.

Edit: I usually don't ask for bans unless someone acts racist or brings paedophilia into the discussion. That's something I would never tolerate. Just speaking in general here.

Last edited:

MikeM

So this thread turned into a console war thread.

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

Does it really matter which box is RDNA 2 vs Full RDNA 2 (whatever that means)? Everyone knows that, all things being equal, the Series X will perform slightly better than PS5. This is assuming things like API, optimization etc are all the same (which they are not).

svbarnard

Banned
You people don't realize that once the entire game industry forgets the last generation of consoles and starts developing solely for the current gen consoles, one studios like Treyarch, you know all the top tier studios for which there are too many to name, once they all redesign their game engines for the PS5 and XSX I believe we're going to see visuals that will blow everyone's mind!!!!!!

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
What is this? Everyone who was around when he was chased of the board, clearly remembers what happened and who did it.

In case you forgot:

The worst part is that the offender somehow isn't banned yet.
He also called out TLW.

Furthermore, I call bullshit that anybody from GAF sent hate mail to his house. I want to see the receipts on that claim.

He also called out TLW.

Furthermore, I call bullshit that anybody from GAF sent hate mail to his house. I want to see the receipts on that claim.

Honestly you would have to ask that yourself.

I'm coming in here for one time to make this very important note. I'm being very careful with my words when discussing these things in videos. Do you know how much shit I've put up with after it turns out Xbox is massively underperforming?! Constant threats, harassment and even shit sent to my god damn house. All over these stupid plastic boxes. These people are insane and it's absolutely draining me. Now we have the opposite in this due to 'wording' that people read into. Just stop it.

Please just take the results as is. The data is there, it's clear to see.

Back to signing off.

Don't think he was lying but I don't know if he knew if those people were from Gaf or not. But this is the message that he left us.

Still it's unacceptable no matter who is behind it. Doesn't matter if they are an Xbox fan or a PlayStation fan.

Nah?

I already said the Xbox box says 8K HDR on the side. It isn't as prominent as it is on Sony’s PS5 box. I don't see it as the same thing but it is hardly something I'm going to get upset about. MS was more clear than Sony was. Just like the 'we believe in generations' comment. MS was up front Sony was more deceptive. MS was attacked, Sony was praised.

Well, somehow the authors of the various articles that can be found on Google must have come up with the idea. Possibly because MS could have indicated this more or less clearly? With the die-shot with the "8K" on it and other things? Hm?

Aaaaand this:
You talking about the die shot of the XSX motherboard that has no mention of 8k at all? Here it is again in case you missed it. This is an ACTUAL XSX motherboard.
vWjEHSB.jpg

It is.

Wasn't hard to find at all.

As for this..

Can you show me a post from John were he made a desperate plea to get Sony fans to stop threatening him and sending stuff to his house? I doubt it. Toxic behaviour.
Why would I expect you to not take something out of context. I guess I forgot who I was talking to. My comments were about the choice devs make to either use raytracing or not. It was about the FACT that the XSS can use the feature but a dev chose to not use it. Just like in Metro where they made it work because they wanted to make it work not because the system wasn't capable. Your quote of me has NOTHING to do with devs complaining about the XSS not having enough RAM when they aren't using the RAM saving features of the device. Wrong again my man.

One final point I didn't even direct my comments to anyone specific. I was making a general point that people should have all the facts before they pop off on Twitter. John was attacked directly ON THIS FORUM. I didn't attack anyone. You must not be capable of making an argument in good faith. No wonder you cherry pick comments and twist words to fit your agenda. John wasn't going to beg Sony fans to leave him alone. He just left the forum. Him complaining about his treatment on Twitter has nothing to do with the fact that Sony fans ran him off of HERE. This is supposed to be an enthusiast site where people should act like they have some sense. Twitter is a wasteland. It isn't that hard to understand dude.

S0ULZB0URNE

Like I told you that post he made you reference was made AFTER he was ran off of this board. In addition John was complaining about threats he was getting on Twitter not here at GAF. No one should bother people over video games which is why it's especially sad when overzealous Sony fans run the professionals away from here.

wEQOPxS.jpg

Why do people refuse to answer why the XSS is held to a higher standard than the PS5 and XSX it makes no sense.
Who made the promotional image?
You don't need to answer.

dcmk7

Banned
Why would I expect you to not take something out of context. I guess I forgot who I was talking to. My comments were about the choice devs make to either use raytracing or not. It was about the FACT that the XSS can use the feature but a dev chose to not use it. Just like in Metro where they made it work because they wanted to make it work not because the system wasn't capable. Your quote of me has NOTHING to do with devs complaining about the XSS not having enough RAM when they aren't using the RAM saving features of the device. Wrong again my man

Trust you to argue over something so clear cut.

I have lost count the number of times I have proven you wrong or caught you in a lie. And I couldn't have disproven you any more than this time, damn man.

I'll explain slower..

I have said nothing disrespectful and you have yet to prove I called anyone lazy. You enjoy diving through my past posts so it should have been pretty easy to find.

That is why many developers drop the feature. It's not that it can't do it, it's that some developers don't want to take the time to make it work.

'Developers don't want to'..

As in, they have a choice they can either want to or not want to. And they choose the latter.

Equivalent of saying they couldn't be arsed to spend anymore time on and therefore lazy.

Stinks of ignorance and disrespect.

Just own your mistakes and do better next time!

If you and others stop posting anti developer stuff like this we might see more people from industry back again.

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
I already said the Xbox box says 8K HDR on the side. It isn't as prominent as it is on Sony’s PS5 box. I don't see it as the same thing but it is hardly something I'm going to get upset about. MS was more clear than Sony was. Just like the 'we believe in generations' comment. MS was up front Sony was more deceptive. MS was attacked, Sony was praised.

You talking about the die shot of the XSX motherboard that has no mention of 8k at all? Here it is again in case you missed it. This is an ACTUAL XSX motherboard.
Mental gymnastics.

1. Microsoft before launch advertised their SoC as 8K capable by printing 8K on the prototype hardware and posting it on twitter.
2. Microsoft advertised before launch in a video that their console is capable of 8K
3. Phil Spencer in a press release wrote that the console is capable of 8K
4. They have 8K HDR written in prominence on the side of the box, its not hidden or small, it is part of the list of features written on the side of the box. Just like they have 4K 120fps and 1TB written on the front.
5. Another one i forgot Xbox Senior Director of Hardware changed his twitter handle to David "8K" Prien

And your take away is Sony is trying to mislead the consumer. While you're at it, keep repeating we believe in gamers because that makes your argument more credible.

PS5 Box has on the top right corner 8K, 4K, 120fps HDR. Look where the HDMI spec are located, in the corner of the top right. In terms of real-estate the Xbox branding takes up more space.

Xbox-box-side-EU-techstomper-rotated.jpg

YZp856fuDNvBNoghBPukph-970-80.jpg.webp

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
Trust you to argue over something so clear cut.

I have lost count the number of times I have proven you wrong or caught you in a lie. And I couldn't have disproven you any more than this time, damn man.

I'll explain slower..

'Developers don't want to'..

As in, they have a choice they can either want to or not want to. And they choose the latter.

Equivalent of saying they couldn't be arsed to spend anymore time on and therefore lazy.

Stinks of ignorance and disrespect.

Just own your mistakes and do better next time!

If you and others stop posting anti developer stuff like this we might see more people from industry back again.

Developers not wanting to could just as well mean it costs them money to do so he didn't use the word lazy at all.

dcmk7

Banned
Developers not wanting to could just as well mean it costs them money to do so he didn't use the word lazy at all.
Why always feel the need to butt into discussions with me? It's very weird. And usually when DarkMage619 DarkMage619 is involved. Does he ask you to get involved for help when he's frailing??
Do you feel the need to defend him all the time? Or am I just living rent free. It's weird.

But nonetheless to your post..

You're wrong, DarkMage worded his sentence as in developers had a choice.. they could have wanted to but they didn't want to. Attempting to qualify what he mean is hilarious.

That is why many developers drop the feature. It's not that it can't do it, it's that some developers don't want to take the time to make it work.
Can't excuse ignorance.

And since you're struggling with what lazy means, here is a definition:

"A person is being lazy if he is able to carry out some activity that he ought to carry out, but is disinclined to do so because of the effort involved."

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Nobody said that, stop lying.

"While both the Xbox Series X and PS5 share the same AMD RDNA 2 architecture"

"The PlayStation 5, on the other hand, despite being based on RDNA 2 tech, won’t support many of the next-gen features from AMD
"
Says that in my quotes.

Hey Riky, so, you posted the quote, right? What do you think about it? Do you agree with it that the PS5 is not RDNA2?

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
Why always feel the need to butt into discussions with me? It's very weird. And usually when DarkMage619 DarkMage619 is involved. Does he ask you to get involved for help when he's frailing??
Do you feel the need to defend him all the time? Or am I just living rent free. It's weird.

But nonetheless to your post..

You're wrong, DarkMage worded his sentence as in developers had a choice.. they could have wanted to but they didn't want to. Attempting to qualify what he mean is hilarious.

Can't excuse ignorance.

They don't want to because the time it takes costs money, that is a choice, you spend the money or you don't.

dcmk7

Banned
They don't want to because the time it takes costs money, that is a choice, you spend the money or you don't.
And yet no where in his post he mentions money. Strangely.

He explicitly said they 'Developers don't want to do it'!

He didn't say "couldn't do it because of X and Y". And since when are developers in control of the finances?

Come back to reality man. Everyone who reads that post knows what he means. It's one of the most ignorant posts have read here. No wonder D dark10x left this place.

Last edited:
Top Bottom