• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Master Collection Vol. 1 will run at 720p on all consoles (30fps on Switch and 60fps on PS5/Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufianos

I was gonna buy this on Switch and PS5 to support the series but might not get it at all.

By the way, anyone who wants to play MGS1 on PC, there's an awesome 1080p emulation you can get on Reddit.

Needlecrash

Another lazy port from the collection that came out a decade ago. Fucking hell. If you're gonna do it, DO IT RIGHT MUHFUCKA. Should have hired Nightdive for the port.

Zheph

Hands-on previews for the compilationwere published earlier this week, and confusion arose over what display resolution each platform was using.

Konami has now clarified to VGC that the game will render at the following resolutions:

• All platforms except Switch – 1080p / 60 frames per second target
  • Switch (docked mode) – 1080p / 30 frames per second target
  • Switch (handheld mode) – 720p / 30 frames per second target
In VGC’s Metal Gear Solid Master Collection hands-on preview, our writer said the compilation’s version of the first Metal Gear Solid “arrives virtually unchanged, as this is an emulated version of the 1998 game, lacking widescreen display or up-ressing, which may come as a disappointment for players hoping to play MGS1 on their 4K TVs”.

so it will be 1080/60 on current platforms

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

Double checked, surprisingly it actually was. Devs just fixed up the flaws and made additional improvements, while keeping the HD work that had already been done.
Good to hear. I might get it at some point. I wonder why Konami is being lazy with MGS remasters then. Maybe different people are working on them or something.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Hands-on previews for the compilationwere published earlier this week, and confusion arose over what display resolution each platform was using.

Konami has now clarified to VGC that the game will render at the following resolutions:

• All platforms except Switch – 1080p / 60 frames per second target
  • Switch (docked mode) – 1080p / 30 frames per second target
  • Switch (handheld mode) – 720p / 30 frames per second target
In VGC’s Metal Gear Solid Master Collection hands-on preview, our writer said the compilation’s version of the first Metal Gear Solid “arrives virtually unchanged, as this is an emulated version of the 1998 game, lacking widescreen display or up-ressing, which may come as a disappointment for players hoping to play MGS1 on their 4K TVs”.

so it will be 1080/60 on current platforms

still bizarre that Switch can't run a 360/PS3 60 FPS game, at 60 FPS.

phant0m

So one would fare better emulating the games on PC...

This is mildly put - disappointing.
Seems more and more the case these days. I emulate the Switch ver of RDR on PC and it runs at 1440p, 60 fps with FSR upscaling. Proof in the pudding that absolutely zero effort in these “remasters”

The emulation community is really just incredible in general.

I can't wait for the absolute lack of any quality control on this new slew of Silent Hill "content" they're cranking out.

For me at least, this was a bit of a fresh start chance for Konami after considering them the sad slum lord of classic game companies at this point and well, so much for that. Still bargain bin dredging and I expect no different from the MGS3 Remake nor the Silent Hill Random Horror Games.

Probably, eventually. I've never played anything in the series so I was hoping this would be a good starting point.
I know it, especially for people like you who have yet to play. I’m sorry.

Just pretend it’s 1998 and your PlayStation is upside down (cause it’s the only way the disc will spin) and your playing on a 13” black and white CRTV.

Last edited:

Zheph

All for the money, half of you guys are gonna support this because it’s the only way to play it on PS5 unfortunately
Get Out Smile GIF by Get Out Movie

Might be a different story with MGS4 but we will see..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom