• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Master Collection Vol. 1 will run at 720p on all consoles (30fps on Switch and 60fps on PS5/Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still got my Metal Gear collection that came out for the PlayStation 3 that's in a steel box. I think it's called a Metal Gear Legacy Collection or something like that.

What's awesome is it anything but bare bones and includes almost all of the games in one collection and it includes the Substance and Subsistence editions.

Why the fuck is everything so bare bones nowadays when it comes to collections? They're seriously no excuse.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Wait...IGN says people only have seen the Switch version and they don't know about the home console versions as Konami didn't comment
Other the that they are Praising this release
Yet Nintendo Life seems to know everything about all versions 🤔

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

Wait...IGN says people only have seen the Switch version and they don't know about the home console versions as Konami didn't comment
Other the that they are Praising this release
Yet Nintendo Life seems to know everything about all versions 🤔
They have a direct quote from Konami at 4:25:

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
They have a direct quote from Konami at 4:25:

Yeah if you listen to what was said it says nothing about PS5/Xbox.
He reached out to them regarding it being 720p30fps on Switch and they said it's based on the 2012 HD Version that was 720p60fps.
He then says we'll have to wait and see what the other versions are like.
Nothing here says anything about the PS5/Xbox versions which IGN said they didn't get any information on those.
I mean it could be true, but this is not the information on those versions.
This is just the Switch version and people assuming and running with it.
Don't get me wrong I don't have any faith in Konami but...this is misleading until someone has actually played those versions.

OrangeSun77

Neo Member
MGS2 and MGS3 should easily run on Switch at 60fps, the price at which they are selling this is unacceptable, with a technically inferior version than the original remasters, this is absolutely ridiculous, one expected that at least they would work the same as on Xbox360, but they run even worse, this is absurd.

FeralEcho

I'm starting to think the up and coming people in the gaming industry don't know shit about technology and making games 🙄
They're too busy learning how to build non binary bathrooms and doing strikes in front of company buildings,game development and skill is so antiquated and not "modern",who needs that shit anyway when the masses of morons will go buy this shit in droves cuz they don't know any better.

FeralEcho

Entire gaming industry need to crash one game runs 720p, have you guys lost your mind or something?
Gaming industry needs to crash for multiple reasons,focus on gaas garbage,broken games at launch for years now,overpriced products,an overreliance on sequels and remasters/remakes,overrelyance on cross generation games,insane production times(we've gotten from 2-3 years development time to 5-6 even more on some games,its ridiculous).This latest shit is just the creamy brown icing on a shit filled cake thats been baking for a decade now. There are still great games around mind you,mostly by indie devs and japanese studios,just waaaaaay fewer than in the older generations overall so yes I'd welcome another crash.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Gaming industry needs to crash for multiple reasons,focus on gaas garbage,broken games at launch for years now,overpriced products,an overreliance on sequels and remasters/remakes,overrelyance on cross generation games,insane production times(we've gotten from 2-3 years development time to 5-6 even more on some games,its ridiculous).This latest shit is just the creamy brown icing on a shit filled cake thats been baking for a decade now. There are still great games around mind you,mostly by indie devs and japanese studios,just waaaaaay fewer than in the older generations overall so yes I'd welcome another crash.
But we have 100 up on 100 of games are not GaaS or even broken, heck this year alone we got bunch of quality games that are not GaaS, but for few you want entire industry to crash? Thats complete nonsense.

We had crappy and broken games even in back 80s, that just nature of every industry.

I say it again some of you guys lost your fucking mind.

Ev1L AuRoN

Just a resolution bump without any textures remade would be enough for me to pass on this one, imagine my surprise to learn that a PS2 era game will run at 720p on current hardware, come on, even on Switch that would be considered a subpar effort from Konami.
The disrespect with their legacy, one of the most influential games in our industry. F you Konami you will not see another dollar from me ever again.

Muffdraul

As long as my PS5 and my Sony 4K TV can play nice and do a good clean upscale and not make 720p look like dogshit on my screen, I won't be cutting myself over this.

Mgs1 not even 60 fps on Switch are you fucking serious?

There's now NO good option on console to play any of these games. Ps5/series X resolution is too low for a 4k tv and switch handheld wouldve looked great at 720p but fucking 30 fps?

This is the laziest port ever fuck Konami sideways

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Source

metal-gear-solid-collection.large.jpg

TLDR
  • 360/PS3: 720p/60fps
  • Switch: 720p/30fps
  • PS4/PS5/Series: 720p/60fps
Fun note:

Preview Thread for More Info

thats sad... I really want to play MGS 2 Sons of Liberty at 60 fps in Nintendo Switch.

Gambit2483

It pisses me off so much when companies disrespect great games and disrespect their fans like this.
I blame upper management. How do you shit on the IP and Brand that made your company? Do they not understand how brand damage works? Rockstar and Konami should show more respect and put more effort into these million/billion dollar brands/IP

Last edited:

radewagon

They think we're stupid.
I think it's more like a trust but verify situation. Konami (and Rockstar w/ RDR1) is testing the waters, I think, to see if remasters are worth the trouble or if the strength of the original release is enough to justify a purchase by the target audience even when the release is profoundly lazy. Is the antiquated version of the original game, itself, enough? I would say, with reservations, that it is. Even with something as insulting as a 720p resolution, the games themselves are brilliant and worthy of playing.

How many games have I rebought without any real enhancements? How is this any different than buying something like the Switch port of Bayonetta 2?

What I find troubling about this isn't necessarily the low effort. It's the premium price point that I think is the bigger problem. But again, I think they're just testing the waters. To bring it back to your statement.

Yeah, they think we're stupid and they're fixin' to see if that assumption is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom