• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azax

Has anyone had any thoughts on The Phantom Pain cover?

I mean... The front cover you see Big Boss's head and that big red V all over the cover but the V is sliced at the bottom.

I don't know if they mean the "!" from getting spotted by guards.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

I mean... The front cover you see Big Boss's head and that big red V all over the cover but the V is sliced at the bottom.

I don't know if they mean the "!" from the older games..

1. FUCKING AWESOME COVER, love it to death
2. Yeah i think those are two "!" and should symbolize the two sons Solid and Liquid.

MajorTom

I don't know if they mean the "!" from the older games..
Im not actually a massive fan of TPP box art tbh. I prefer Shinkawa art over renders.
The v definitely resembles two exclamation marks coming together

Azax

1. FUCKING AWESOME COVER, love it to death
2. Yeah i think those are two "!" and should symbolize the two sons Solid and Liquid.

But what about Solidus?

My thoughts were about that head transplant because the V is sliced right at Big Boss's neck.

MajorTom

I'm disappointed that MGSV is on last gen too. The character's poly count for everything except faces is really low. It's somewhat of a distraction in an otherwise really nice looking game.

MajorTom

Me too, i hope they do a reversible cover for TPP like they did for ground zeroes, they probably won't though (at least not in the uk) so i'll have to print it out myself.

That's what i voted for.
Yeah I was pretty disappointed when I found out we weren't getting the reversible cover here.

Rajang

I imagine most of kojima's team will leave

Yeah.

The entire KojiPro team are working as contractors untill december, then they are let go.

Can't wait for KojiPro's next project. There will be a plethora of publishers ready to fund their next game.

Mexen

I missed the transition to |OT3| but I am here and I will talk to myself... Mostly because being on the wall of shame matters to me and not because I'm drunk playing MGS4 making BB Corps bosses dance with friends.

Rajang

I love you guys! Lemme say this now before the thread gets serious. I fucking love you!

I love you too brother.

Z9qjYQu.gif

Mexen

Also, I just wanna say that you guys are my friends. Please don't go OT on my ass and judge me. My whole life since '98 I have sought like minded people to talk MGS with and it took nearly 15 years. I love you!

Shy

Also, I just wanna say that you guys are my friends. Please don't go OT on my ass and judge me. My whole life since '98 I have sought like minded people to talk MGS with and it took nearly 15 years. I love you!
Right back at ya. <3
8wgn3hh.gif

You see this? OT3. Our new home.
:^) nice work vally.

lol @ Sn4ke's thread tho. Everyone there acting all high and mighty. "look how cool and aware we are because WE KNOW that MGS is a silly series and Sn4ke doesn't."
I don't mind the silliness in MGS, so I don't really agree with Sn4ke, but I don't completely disagree either. Overdoing the humor is stupid. Kojima (usually) knows how to keep the humor at good levels, but I'm afraid the MGO team will try to go overboard thinking they're doing what fans want by making the game really silly.
TL;DR: Forced humor is lame

Also the "it can't be taken seriously if there's humor" mentality is stupid.

Kazuhira

I doubt you´re including me but that part really touched me.
So,from a fellow Metal Gear fan to another,come over here bro!

V16KBqb.gif

You see this? OT3. Our new home.
:^) nice work vally.

lol @ Sn4ke's thread tho. Everyone there acting all high and mighty. "look how cool and aware we are because WE KNOW that MGS is a silly series and Sn4ke doesn't."
I don't mind the silliness in MGS, so I don't really agree with Sn4ke, but I don't completely disagree either. Overdoing the humor is stupid. Kojima (usually) knows how to keep the humor at good levels, but I'm afraid the MGO team will try to go overboard thinking they're doing what fans want by making the game really silly.
TL;DR: Forced humor is lame

Also the "it can't be taken seriously if there's humor" mentality is stupid.

Yes, there is a line they can definitely cross. For example, if the games suddenly introduced aliens and Big Boss has to hop in a space ship and goes into the space and takes them out. That's probably a bit much. Uncharted 1 was a bit guilty of this near the end. There's a level of expectation within the realm of the fantasy.

However, I do disagree that a cowboy hat is crossing the line. Sn4ke is certainly allowed to feel that way, but I do think THAT is a bit silly to be upset over. To each their own.

I also wouldn't have made a thread about it!! :p

I know im the guy that asks the many questions...I know im the guy that has the weird theories...

but what better place to post....then this..

you guys are my friends...and this is where we sit, get strapped up and ride towards september 1st..were we will play the greatest MGS game of all time, Kojima's Magnum Opus

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

let's do this.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom