• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mayweather vs McGregor World Press Tour: July 11-14, 4 Cities, Open to the Public

oneHeero

Yeah this interview and the one he gave yesterday really shows that he understands self control and professionalism. Unlike Conor, Floyd isn't collapsing under the spotlight and resorting to racially derogatory antics. Both should think about applying some of those ideals to more of their personal lives.

Yup, a lot of people don't realize that about Mayweather. The guy can be very arrogant, but that comes out when you tug at his competitor side. I've seen him be very modest and humble a number of times. He has a horrible background with women beating and shit, his upbringing, his family drama.

And LOL at the fkn NY conference, the crowd did not bring it. This dumb showtime guy was talking to the crowd bout being louder than Toronto etc. You know these guys don't understand the crowd.

"I call him the rick ross of the ufc, hes the boss"

Um no, stfu and sit down. Quit trying to sound cool.

oneHeero

Mayweather had Tank Davis out there, I would love to see Tank let loose on him!

Edit: Man, Mcgregor just really sounds stupid in this conference. I love the guy too. I cant believe he tried knocking off Mayweathers hat like that. I think Mayweather is a lil shook by how aggressive McGregor has been but don't think he's scared, just playing it safe or smart.

Furyous

Connor can win everything, but lose nothing. He is getting paid but if this was a true fight, Floyd would be headkicked unconscience in 2 seconds flat.

This true fight agenda driven narrative MMA fans parrot has to stop. Average person on the street only knows how to use their hands to fight so miss me with this "true fight" nonsense. The "true fight" term is meaningless for a few reasons:

Conor took this fight because the UFC couldn't pay him anywhere close the money he'd make by fighting an opponent in boxing. In other words, the money remains in boxing despite all this agenda driven nonsense designed to hurt boxing's prestige.

If it's not a "true fight" then why is Conor taking the fight? Go make your one million at the UFC and stop the fight now if that's the case.

Conor and his fans understand the man has uphill battle facing someone with far more boxing experience. The "true fight" pivot is a deflection just in case Conor loses. They'll say it wasn't a "true fight" and this was Conor's first pro boxing fight.

Yaari

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/mayweather-conor-mcgregor-london-plane-10798215

Lmao. They share the same jet towards London.

PAY-FLYNET-Exclusive-Irish-Fighter-Colin-McGregor-And-US-Boxer-Floyd-Mayweather-Land-In-The-UK.jpg

PAY-FLYNET-Exclusive-Irish-Fighter-Colin-McGregor-And-US-Boxer-Floyd-Mayweather-Land-In-The-UK.jpg

If Mcgregor wins this fight his head'l get so big it could offset the earths rotation.

If McGregor wins this fight that shit is rigged. I just can't fathom him winning a straight stand-up fight with the most impressive boxer in generations.

Then again, I refuse to believe Floyd would sacrifice his impeccable record for a rigged carnie fight... so if Connor wins... wow... I just can't imagine it.

If McGregor wins this fight that shit is rigged. I just can't fathom him winning a straight stand-up fight with the most impressive boxer in generations.

Then again, I refuse to believe Floyd would sacrifice his impeccable record for a rigged carnie fight... so if Connor wins... wow... I just can't imagine it.

Floyd has too much of an ego to let that happen.

Conor's only chance of winning is by landing his heavy straight left, which means Floyd is just going to box circles around him all night.

Oxn

Yea i dont think any amount of money will allow Floyd to intentional ruin his record.

All you're telling people by saying this is that a celebrity spouting racist remarks offends you more than domestic violence.

Just say say both suck and move on. This shit isn't hard.

You mean like how I and many others told you that very same advice about Mayweather after months of your ranting? And you responded with more nonsensical rambling and vague threats?

Funny how now that McGregor is being challenged on his shittiness you are all "Let's just move on and forget about it".

You must be drowning in all that hypocrisy.

Chumley

Banned
This true fight agenda driven narrative MMA fans parrot has to stop. Average person on the street only knows how to use their hands to fight so miss me with this "true fight" nonsense. The "true fight" term is meaningless for a few reasons:

Conor took this fight because the UFC couldn't pay him anywhere close the money he'd make by fighting an opponent in boxing. In other words, the money remains in boxing despite all this agenda driven nonsense designed to hurt boxing's prestige.

If it's not a "true fight" then why is Conor taking the fight? Go make your one million at the UFC and stop the fight now if that's the case.

Conor and his fans understand the man has uphill battle facing someone with far more boxing experience. The "true fight" pivot is a deflection just in case Conor loses. They'll say it wasn't a "true fight" and this was Conor's first pro boxing fight.

A true fight is no rules and on the street. Anyone who knows anything about MMA knows why a fighter with that background has the advantage over a boxer under those circumstances.

Also, Conor took the fight to make money.

You mean like how I and many others told you that very same advice about Mayweather after months of your ranting? And you responded with more nonsensical rambling and vague threats?

Funny how now that McGregor is being challenged on his shittiness you are all "Let's just move on and forget about it".

You must be drowning in all that hypocrisy.

Never told anyone to "move on and forget about it". I said move on and stop making yourselves look like ignorant fools by saying "I hope Floyd wins now". Your reading comprehension sucks. Being upset over Conor's racism is completely justified and I not once have told anyone to not talk about that, but using it to prop Floyd up makes no sense. Floyd is objectively worse unless you want to tell me straight up that you don't think domestic violence is a big deal.

A true fight is no rules and on the street. Anyone who knows anything about MMA knows why a fighter with that background has the advantage over a boxer under those circumstances.

Also, Conor took the fight to make money.

No rules and on the street means Conor would have been beaten to death by Floyd's entourage while PBF stands playing with his money clip. Conor's training also goes out the window when you can use whatever you can get your hands on to maim the other guy. Just say in a MMA fight because that what you mean. A true fight is anything goes free for all.

Next

No rules and on the street means Conor would have been beaten to death by Floyd's entourage while PBF stands playing with his money clip. Conor's training also goes out the window when you can use whatever you can get your hands on to maim the other guy. Just say in a MMA fight because that what you mean. A true fight is anything goes free for all.

In a true fight floyd gets crushed and it's not even close. No shame in that. Or I guess there is some?

Chumley

Banned

It stops being a fight between Conor and Floyd the moment other people get involved. We're talking about no rules in the context of a fight between two people.

Heel

Let's move on from the tired "boxing vs. MMA" semantics and get back to what's actually important: Floyd's shoes.

After getting called out, will he be embarrassed by his Tom Cruise complex and tone it down for London, or go over the top and wear Lugz chukkas in 2017?

I'm setting the over/under at 1.5 inch soles.

No rules and on the street means Conor would have been beaten to death by Floyd's entourage...

If we're going down the pure fantasy rabbit hole- Conor could pretty easily put together an entourage of MMA heavy and light heavyweights that would bounce the shit out of any entourage Floyd could put together. But who cares? Let's stick to the two fighters directly involved, here:

- Floyd will win this fight easily.
- Conor would win an MMA fight against Floyd easily.
- The most competitive matchup would be under K-1 rules, but Conor would still almost certainly win (and the general public gives zero shits about kickboxing).

Floyd holds all the cards, so they're boxing. Everyone with a lick of sense already knows what to expect. Floyd will dance for a couple of rounds, Conor will gas by the 3rd or 4th, and Floyd will light him the fuck up from there.

Let's move on from the tired "boxing vs. MMA" semantics and get back to what's actually important: Floyd's shoes.

Plus this.

After getting called out, will he be embarrassed by his Tom Cruise complex and tone it down for London, or go over the top and wear Lugz chukkas in 2017?

Timbs with extended heels.

he aint wearing Lugz

Timbz all day.

TuXx

Everything about this is staged. I wouldn't be surprised if they had it setup where Conor DQs himself in the early rounds

Top Bottom