• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mayweather vs McGregor World Press Tour: July 11-14, 4 Cities, Open to the Public

Tom_Cody

Mayweather vs. McGregor: London Press Conference Live Stream Link, Friday July 14th:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7lQN1Bre-Q

--

19765035_319976288450159_2906892440696782848_n.jpg

Official press blurb:

LAS VEGAS (July 7, 2017) – In anticipation of the unprecedented showdown between legendary boxing champion Floyd ”Money" Mayweather and UFC ® champion ”The Notorious" Conor McGregor, the fighters will embark on a four-city international press tour beginning Tuesday, July 11 in Los Angeles where Mayweather and McGregor will square off for the very first time.
Each of the four celebratory events will be OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, fitting for a fight that was made by and for the fans that have demanded it, and allow media availability* with each fighter.
The Mayweather vs. McGregor world tour will touch down in four cities in three countries across four days-Los Angeles, Toronto, New York City and London-in promotion of this once-in-a-lifetime event on Saturday, August 26. The event will be produced and distributed by SHOWTIME PPV.

World Tour Dates & Cities:

TUESDAY, JULY 11: LOS ANGELES - STAPLES Center
Fan Entry: To acquire a complimentary ticket to the Los Angeles event go to AXS.com beginning today, July 7 at Noon PT. You MUST have a ticket to enter. Tickets available on a first-come, first-served basis and will be limited to four (4) per customer.

WEDNESDAY, JULY 12: TORONTO - Sony Centre for the Performing Arts
Fan Entry: Ticket information is forthcoming

THURSDAY, JULY 13: BROOKLYN, NEW YORK - Barclays Center
Fan Entry: Complimentary tickets to the Brooklyn event are available now at Ticketmaster.com. Tickets will also be available at the American Express Box Office at Barclays Center starting Saturday, July 8 at noon (if tickets are still available). You MUST have a ticket to enter. Tickets available on a first-come, first-served basis and will be limited to four (4) per customer.

FRIDAY, JULY 14: LONDON - The SSE Arena, Wembley
Fan Entry: Ticket information is forthcoming

Promos:

Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor | Sat., Aug. 26 on SHOWTIME PPV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X69PYmZnvU

Mayweather vs McGregor | GP Promo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et605fz3NhA

--

I will continue to update the OP as further details for tickets and video streaming for the events become available.

DKehoe

Pity the press conference tour doesn't include a stop in Dublin. The fans were going crazy at the one they did there for McGregor vs Aldo

Dr.Acula

Banned
LA, Toronto, NYC, and London in 4 days? That's like 8 time zones. Holy crap, they're gonna be zombies by the end of that.

Chumley

Banned
Floyd will get trolled. The fun will be seeing if Conor can make a guy like Mayweather crack

Same. And you know Conor is going to go all out and use everything, I don't see Floyd cracking though unless he goes really personal on the DV record which probably won't happen.

FUME5

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEV4DUhUQAAfYc5.jpg[/IMG]

Catch a beating and make Uncle Dana some more money, ya goof.

Chumley

Banned
Dana joining him at the press conferences is going to make this even more insane. Full blown carny shit that would make Vince proud.

JettDash

LOL if anyway thinks that McGregor can crack Mayweather by talking shit at these events.

I very much doubt that Mayweather gives a crap about anything McGregor will say. He just cares about counting the absurd amounts of money he will make from what what will probably be the easiest fight of his career.

Mayweather actually probably hopes that McGregor is on point with the shit talking. So more people buy the fight and he makes more money.

kmax

From an ecomomic standpoint, this is a great opportunity for all parties involved. The hype alone is worth a lot of money. It's a non-brainer to put two most profilic fighters in the world in the same ring together if you want to make serious dough. Great PR.

As from a sport standpoint, it's obviously a farce. It's a grand PR spectacle, nothing more, nothing less.

So I've been purposely trying to avoid this whole silly spectacle...but I can't hold out for the soap level drama and trash-talking any longer.

Can someone break this down for me? Is it gonna be straight-up boxing or somehow an MMA match? I haven't followed this shitshow at all.

EDIT: Could've just googled I guess, more fun to laugh here though.

Top Bottom