• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition (PS5) 4K 60FPS Gameplay

BigLee74

Played them all, loved them all. Quite fancy another play through.

But don’t £60 fancy it, especially when I have the originals. I’m so tight it’s unbelievable.

kiphalfton

what's @modmail in here? this comment is plain antagonistic with no reason at all and I'd like to report this, unfortunately can't find the report button anywhere.
Really? If it's such a big deal block him. There's also a "report" button, if it is in fact that big of a deal to you.

shubik

I´m playing it for the first time. Started with the first game and although the story starts great I can´t help but wonder why they didn´t update the cover mechanics... This is not fun to play through. I think I will push through the first one (only main missions) and than continue with 2 and 3. I hope they feel better to play...

deafmedal

I forgot how easy it is to woo Ashley. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

You see Ashley, a pimp's love is very different from that of a square's
Every time I played ME1 (and I played it the most out of all 4) I never woo’d Space Racist... I even banged Chobot once in a ME3 run. Maybe when I get around to playing this I will finally embrace a human first attitude and change that.

Nah, I won’t. Bitch belongs on Virmire 🔥

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
yes, i know you are a pc gamer since 1997 because you say it in every post you make on this website. All buttons are there ? Annoying mousepad ? Triggers feel like a gun ? I am laying out concrete aspects that make m/kb vastly better in Mass Effect in particular an you're writing about mouse clicks and mouse pads being annoying.

Its pretty clear neither you nor the person ive responded to play much with m\kb and have a preference for controllers. Which is fine. This kind of discussions usually never go well because people are responding from an emotional point and are completely uninformed about the actual advantages of m/kb. Your post is sufficient evidence.
I play mostly with mouse and keyboard dude... But I dont put it above controller and shove it down everyone's throat

GymWolf

Gold Member
I only played like half of the first one and like 10 hours of the second one, never touched the third one, it's one of my biggest gamers regrets so this collection was basically made for me.

Can i run this thing at 4k60 with a 2070super?!

Last edited:

iJudged

Banned
They did and you guys shat on it so hard that they cancel any plans for improvement. So good job!
OH GOSH DANGIT, WE dun fucked it up, didn't we?
ill kill you michael scott GIF

kyussman

I´m playing it for the first time. Started with the first game and although the story starts great I can´t help but wonder why they didn´t update the cover mechanics... This is not fun to play through. I think I will push through the first one (only main missions) and than continue with 2 and 3. I hope they feel better to play...
Yea,a big leap in the gameplay mechanics for 2 and 3....you feel much more in control in those games.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Vastly better in every way? I don't think so and I am a PC gamer for 25 years and I really dont see what is so exciting in having to precisely aim with mouse. Like what? If aiming is the challenge then it's questionable.

Points that are imo better with controller:
-comfortable in hands and better arms position.
-all buttons are there
-haptics
-analog movement
-analog triggers (racing)
-Triggers feel more like a gun
-no annoying mouse click sound
-no worries about mousepad

Meanwhile with mouse and keyboard you get:
-faster and more precise aim
-many more buttons

I know it's a hyperbole but cmon. Your statement is even worse. And I don't have a horse in this. I have ps5 and had all other consoles. I have 3080 pc, Razer viper ultimate mouse and yes - I finished village on it due to easier headshots.

But still. There are many benefits to controller if you are more open to it. You don't necessarily need auto aim either but if it's there, you can get comfy with controller and focus on real gameplay mechanics rather than just aiming heqdshots
-comfortable in hands and better arms position. (That's on you.)
-all buttons are there ( No they are not. That is why you have weapons wheels, pause menu to manage skills and crew, and need claw grip to be able to use all buttons and Dpad while keeping you tumbs on the analog stick all the time.)
-haptics (cool gimmick nothing more)
-analog movement (cool to have but no advantage in any way)
-analog triggers (racing) (ME doesn´t have any racing, and I prefer my racing wheel for racing games)
-Triggers feel more like a gun (cool gimmick)
-no annoying mouse click sound (Lol. I don´t hear any sound with Home theater and even less with headphones)
-no worries about mousepad (the only worry about mousepad is if it sucks more than another better)

Last edited:

kyussman

Ok good to know. Will I miss a lot if I skip the side quests in the first one?
Hmm,yes and no.
A lot of the side quests in ME1 are narratively interesting and worth doing for that....but mechanically they involve going to the same copy and pasted two or three buildings on various planets....I did them all on my first playthrough years ago and overall I'd say they made the world and game more immersive,even if I did get tired of the same enviroments.(I believe the side quest stuff was farmed out to another dev which explains the drop in quality from the main quests).
As with the shooting though,this stuff is much better in ME2,each side quest has it's own distinct enviroment.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Ok good to know. Will I miss a lot if I skip the side quests in the first one?
I would just try and get used to it the best you can. There's some really awesome side quests that have call backs in ME3 even. 1 is the worst one to actually PLAY, but it has amazing quests and stories to go through and it being the introduction to the world, you should try and soak it in as best you can. Just grit through it and do as much content as you can, but just know that ME2 and 3 PLAY a WHOLE lot better.

DeaDPo0L84

Do you think the ability to holster your weapon in Mass Effect 3 will be patched in? What say you?
If they didn't think to do it during development knowing it was a feature a lot of people wanted then don't count on it. Luckily on PC the modding community will take care of it.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
-comfortable in hands and better arms position. (That's on you.)
-all buttons are there ( No they are not. That is why you have weapons wheels, pause menu to manage skills and crew, and need claw grip to be able to use all buttons and Dpad while keeping you tumbs on the analog stick all the time.)
-haptics (cool gimmick nothing more)
-analog movement (cool to have but no advantage in any way)
-analog triggers (racing) (ME doesn´t have any racing, and I prefer my racing wheel for racing games)
-Triggers feel more like a gun (cool gimmick)
-no annoying mouse click sound (Lol. I don´t hear any sound with Home theater and even less with headphones)
-no worries about mousepad (the only worry about mousepad is if it sucks more than another better)
I do not agree with any of your points:
-Controller is more ergonomic. This is a fact. It is made to be in your hands. Mouse and keyboards does nothing but put strain on your wrists, fingers and arms.
-Whats wrong with weapon wheel? How is that any worse than moving my hand from wasd to far away f7 or 789 keys? Controller layout is optimized.
-Haptics - gimmick o not, it is a thing that is not on Mouse. And it's more than a gimmick on ps5. It's immersion.
-Analog - I can walk slow or fast. Any direction and not just cardinal. It is no gameplay advantage but it's immersion and feels better.
-Analog trigger - It does not matter if mass effect has racing lol. The discussion turned to controller vs mouse. Not controller vs mouse in mass effect.
-Triggers feel like a gun. immerson
-mouse click sure - you dont hear it with headphones. fine.
-Mousepads gets dirty or scratchy. Can irritate your wrist and or move around. Limit your play area too.

All in all - Again - Fast aiming is the only thing mouse got and if that's all you do in your gameplay, well ...

meech

I'm currently playing through the original ME1 via Game Pass on a Series S. From a visual standpoint there doesn't seem to be much difference between that and the Legendary Edition version - the Series S bumps up the resolution and adds HDR to the OG game. Framerate is still 30 fps as far as I can tell though.

However if the clunky combat has been overhauled I'd say the remaster would be worth it for that alone.
Quite funny, i never considered the combat of the first as "clunky". I never expected it to be shooter in the first place, and its not like gun combat in Kotor....
Abilities and team composition were actually important here. You would never beat the Krogan Battlemaster on higher difficulties with a pure combat team without crowd control.And that was actually a good thing. Compare that with the second one, that made crowd control \tech worthless and was still a mediocre shooter at best.

Last edited:

klosos

Me i have it installed and after I leave work in a few minutes, am going to get some fish and chips and vegetate the whole weekend playing ME 1, i don't know what changes that have been implemented but its going to be a great weekend finding out.

However does anyone know does this have three Platinum's or just one ?

PS have a great weekend guys !!

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
What is the issue, you run to cover it gets into cover automatically, or if you standing next to cover click on crouch, you really should not miss the first game....

Shmunter

The first one is the best one. And personally, the only one worth revisiting.

If you don’t play the first one, pack your bags and gidthehellouttahere.

Valt7786

While they haven't changed *a lot* other than the graphical upgrades in ME 1, it still feels a lot better to play. Even if it's just the 60fps upgrade (never played on PC, only on 360, so it's been a while too) it looks and feels much better in motion. Yeah there's some dodgy screenshots with lighting etc out there, but it's barely noticeable as you play it.
For just a remaster, I feel they did a brilliant job and anyone playing this for the first time is getting a lot of great game for their money.

-Controller is more ergonomic. This is a fact. It is made to be in your hands. Mouse and keyboards does nothing but put strain on your wrists, fingers and arms.
-Whats wrong with weapon wheel? How is that any worse than moving my hand from wasd to far away f7 or 789 keys? Controller layout is optimized.
-mouse click sure - you dont hear it with headphones. fine.
-Mousepads gets dirty or scratchy. Can irritate your wrist and or move around. Limit your play area too.
Disagree with the above.
  • If I have my kb/m in my lap (on a tray), my arms are down, and my fingers and hands are resting lightly on the controls and barely move. Also, my arms are facing forward and not rotating inward like they would if I were holding a controller.
  • Weapon wheel forces a pause in the action.
  • My mouse is not very loud at all. It's about on par, maybe less, with someone tapping buttons and flicking sticks on a controller. It's a damn sight quieter than my XSX controller, I'll tell you that much.
  • I've been using the same mousepad for about 8 years now and it still looks almost brand new. We've moved away from the low-quality foam pads of 1998. Lol
-Haptics - gimmick o not, it is a thing that is not on Mouse. And it's more than a gimmick on ps5. It's immersion.
-Analog - I can walk slow or fast. Any direction and not just cardinal. It is no gameplay advantage but it's immersion and feels better.
-Analog trigger - It does not matter if mass effect has racing lol. The discussion turned to controller vs mouse. Not controller vs mouse in mass effect.
-Triggers feel like a gun. immerson
Agree with the above.

On topic, I really don't much like a lot of the new faces. They look...weird. Some do look better, tho, but not all. People say that's what they looked like in 3, but I didn't play 3. =/

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Disagree with the above.
  • If I have my kb/m in my lap (on a tray), my arms are down, and my fingers and hands are resting lightly on the controls and barely move. Also, my arms are facing forward and not rotating inward like they would if I were holding a controller.
  • Weapon wheel forces a pause in the action.
  • My mouse is not very loud at all. It's about on par, maybe less, with someone tapping buttons and flicking sticks on a controller. It's a damn sight quieter than my XSX controller, I'll tell you that much.
  • I've been using the same mousepad for about 8 years now and it still looks almost brand new. We've moved away from the low-quality foam pads of 1998. Lol

Agree with the above.

On topic, I really don't much like a lot of the new faces. They look...weird. Some do look better, tho, but not all. People say that's what they looked like in 3, but I didn't play 3. =/
I've been through qck and now on goliathus v2.. all these mouse pads are nice and smooth but It requires almost daily maintenance at least with lint roller. Not a big deal really but I am a bit of a stickler for this.
Weapon wheel can pause the action, yeah. Especially in Mass Effect if I remember. But in this case, I liked the pause :p
Mouse is not super loud but the click is high pitch. Most buttons on controller are just rubber dome so quieter.

Back on the topic - the faces seem to miss some lighting pass or something

Denton

Why the hell is the camera so close to Shep in first game? Can it be put back as it is in the original? So dumb.

Load times
Ps5 14.63
Series X 3.9

👀

I'm sure digital foundry will make a big deal of it like they did Resident evil. Or maybe not.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
This looks like a step back from the original. I played ME1 within the last year on the PS3 and I don't remember the mouth animations being so rubbery.

Bioware is straight garbage now afaic.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
what's @modmail in here? this comment is plain antagonistic with no reason at all and I'd like to report this, unfortunately can't find the report button anywhere.
Bottom left of his post, has a blue exclamation mark.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Load times
Ps5 14.63
Series X 3.9

👀

I'm sure digital foundry will make a big deal of it like they did Resident evil. Or maybe not.
Wow. Series X almost 4x faster than PS5.

I can already tell Series X is probably going to do well in a face off with PS5 as none of the Sony fans have posted any comparisons yet.

That's when you know PS5 did worse. If PS5 does well you got new threads popping up. Series X does better and you get nada from the Sony fans.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I only played like half of the first one and like 10 hours of the second one, never touched the third one, it's one of my biggest gamers regrets so this collection was basically made for me.

I would say for sure, if it's running 60Hz/4k on consoles.

Riky

$MSFT
Wow. Series X almost 4x faster than PS5.

I can already tell Series X is probably going to do well in a face off with PS5 as none of the Sony fans have posted any comparisons yet.

That's when you know PS5 did worse. If PS5 does well you got new threads popping up. Series X does better and you get nada from the Sony fans.
Faster loading and twice the framerate says it all.

Senua

bro its a 360 game

Top Bottom