• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PS+ Essential] Mass Effect Legendary Edition, Biomutant and Divine Knockout (PS5 & PS4 )

tmlDan

I've never gotten around to playing Mass Effect, I always start at one because i want to play the complete story but it plays like absolute trash.

I'm assuming the fixes in this edition make it more playable? I have no excuse to jump in now.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Honestly i don't think there has been a bad month for PS Plus Essential and Extra ever since they renovated the service. It's the Premium tier that's bad as fuck.

For someone that never played Mass Effect, how good is this collection?

I've never gotten around to playing Mass Effect, I always start at one because i want to play the complete story but it plays like absolute trash.

I'm assuming the fixes in this edition make it more playable? I have no excuse to jump in now.

ME Legendary is the best way to revisit the trilogy in 2022.

It includes all but 1 piece of DLC (the missing DLC is irrelevant to any story, it was a battle arena sort of thing) as well as numerous QoL improvements, bug fixes etc.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Right on, I got the ME trilogy on PS3 and will stick with that but I've really been wanting to try out Biomutant.

Solid stuff.

fart town usa

Gold Member

Let Down Reaction GIF by Mass Effect

sad chris crocker GIF

Absolute heresy.

fart town usa

Gold Member
im sorry! it's just really rough.

second game plays good (i just booted up the intro to try), but the OG today, is very hard to play.
Yea, gameplay in ME1 is a bit stiff if you didn't play it back then but man, the story is the best and the overall vibe is just so on point. The first game is like a big epic intergalactic mystery/noir while 2 & 3 maintain some of it but mostly focused on more action set pieces. They're all great in their own way but ME1 will always be my favorite because of how well the music works with the story. It's insanely absorbing.

Lone Wolf

I got every achievement on the Xbox version ( even shitty ME3), but i think its time I did it again on Playstation. Great month for me.

tommib

Honestly i don't think there has been a bad month for PS Plus Essential and Extra ever since they renovated the service. It's the Premium tier that's bad as fuck.

Is it only me that finds it insane that Metal Gear Solid and Tomb Raider are still nowhere to be seen on PlayStation Classics? Is this license related? Where’s Destruction Derby?

drganon

Don't really know anything about biomutant but the mass effect trilogy is a good get. Unfortunately, I just bought it from Amazon on sale for about 25 bucks.

CamHostage

So, if you all are like me on Essential and use the website to add the games for later but cannot for the life of you navigate the goddamned new PlayStation.com...

This is where you go to get the PS+ monthly games.

(Nioh 2 might show a price, but scroll down to the bottom and there's a "PlayStation Plus" edition which can be added to your Library, and it includes both PS4 and PS5 Remastered editions.)

Last edited:

Lupin25

HELLA good.

They didn’t fuck it up like Rockstar/GSG did with the GTA Trilogy… it’s amazing.
Sony should really work on getting Max Payne 2. It’s a no-brainer.

Curious about biomutant given the jank, but overall very very solid. Glad that these are in essential and mine to keep forever, unlike extra where they could disappear.

Now to just make my premium membership value for money Sony…

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Signed up for extra for three years thx to the BF discount so covered until end of 2025 and even essential delivers.

GG Sony. Great month.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Damn, what a line-up. Of course I just purchased Mass Effect recently. But Biomutant is a huge add for me.

Same.

I wanted to buy Biomutant a while ago but the back log got in the way. A good add.

I also want to see how that Mass Effect 1 remaster plays after all theses years lol I don't know when I run thru all of those games though.

I'm finishing Watchdogs 1 replay, playing AC Valhalla for the first time (good ass fucking game), Jan is Dead Space, Feb is Octopath 2, March is RE4 remake and Star Wars Fallen Order 2 etc

Last edited:
Still surprised the games in the Essential tier are arguably as good or better than before Extra/Premium was introduced. Not what I expected, rather the opposite.
Extra is just 40 dollars more once you have essential, and the cost goes down with each month. It's a very good incentive, and I think they're going to want to keep it that way.

They get you for the 60 with multiplayer and good games, then you give in because you only have a few months left on your PS Plus so Extra for three months will only cost 10 dollars, and then when it's time to renew you either have to pay 100 dollars, or wait until your subscription ends. It's a clever system, but it only works if they can sell people on PS Plus essential to begin with.

Neolombax

Installed Biomutant last night, after wanting to play it for sooo long but holding back due to negative reviews. Its the very definition of average, but I can see myself enjoying it for a few hours until I get tired of the open world. World seems empty so far, but I like the quirkiness of the game, so I'm willing to spend a few more hours to see where it all goes.

My first Mass Effect was Andrômeda, I think ill never touch a Mass Effect game ever in my life.
This would be a huge mistake. The OG trilogy was really good, way better than Andromeda, especially Mass Effect 2. Also, for what it was, I quite enjoyed Andromeda when it released.

Gave Biomutant a try. I was always curious as I love the look and the idea of it, but the writing is god awful imo. Some weird choices, like that Elvis dude at the start and catching nongs with a net. Then you have to head off to juggly puff or somewhere, jesus. I could imagine the narrator guy (Stanley Parable?) thinking wtf am I reading. Not for me.

Top Bottom