• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition Changes - Original vs. Remastered

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Heads up for anyone who never played the game.

You've probably read the above summary or heard about Mako. It's the games planetary moon buggy thing. Above they said they fixed it so it controls better which is good.

But temper you're expectations with Mako.

Never the less, anything to do with it I remember as boring. So dont get your hopes thinking you can drive it around like an open world game. After you do some cringey mining quests driving around in the buggy you'll be begging to get back on foot to do normal exploring and shootouts.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I just hope the original Metal Gear Solid trilogy can get something like this. A full on-remake or otherwise. Just touch them up with some love & care, while making them available on current platforms. I like Mass Effect, but if I liked it as much as MGS, I'd be kissing Bioware's feet, so good for ME die-hards.

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Wow, some of those changes are more substantial than I was expecting. Pretty cool! I'll probably wait for this to drop in price before biting though. Primarily because I don't see myself wanting to replay them again anytime soon.

For those of you that were always curious and never checked it out, now's your chance! It's a great ride!

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Man, i dont like the fem shep model. I think Male Shepard got a bigger visual improvement. I played as him back then and was planning on doing a femshep run to see Jennifer Hale's performance but im gonna pass.

Or just play the originals now on Game Pass. I replayed it a few months ago and it holds up fine, especially if this new one is still only 30 fps. I don't see any improvements that make a repurchase worthwhile unless you're a PlayStation only gamer.
Agreed. It's nice that it has almost all the dlc added and a great ultimate collection for first timers, but having played them all at release; I dont feel much compulsion to double dip regardless of enhancements made. I'd prefer something new honestly, the retreads of old ground have grown stale.

Stuart360

Gold Member
A lot of Mass Effect moments people loved and they thought were from part 2, were actually from part 3.

I think it's time for people to acknowledge this.
1. Mass Effect 2
2. Mass Effect 3
3. Mass Effect 1

The order for me.
Never really understood the problems people had with ME3, in fact the only thing i didnt like was after going through all that in the trilogy, there wasnt really a 'happy ending' choice.
As a game though, ME3 rocks.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Fuuuuuck i need it now!

also mass effect 1 is my favorite

Mass effect 2 is objectively the best entry

Mass effect 3 is a better conclusion then folks give it credit for, especially with the dlc

Liara T’soni is best girl/romance choice

jacob deserves a better arc (him and miranda should have gotten together)

choosing to romance tali is like choosing your little sister

synthesis is the best ending (how you gonna do edi and legion dirty like that?)

Last edited:
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Never really understood the problems people had with ME3, in fact the only thing i didnt like was after going through all that in the trilogy, there wasnt really a 'happy ending' choice.
To me, the red ending WAS the happy ending.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Which was that ending again?. I always picked the AI dying ending, as it seemed the least 'bad' in terms of life in the galaxy.
That's the one. They try to make it seem like the ultimate renegade ending but you're literally ensuring that people's minds aren't forcefully stripped of free will or molded together with A.I. That's why to me the blue and green endings are worse endings(and also seem creepier to me than red). From what I've seen of the new Mass Effect teaser it looks like they chose the red ending as canon anyway.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Choosing to romance Tali is like choosing an annoying piece of shit. Fuck Tali.
“We mUsT SyNc OuR SuItS beCaUsE ArE PeOPle ArE all FuCkiNg IdIOtS, Oh nO A ScRAPE”

lol but seriously i like tali as a character. But quarians playing the sympathy card after they brought that shit with the geth on themselves? Lol fuck that.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
“We mUsT SyNc OuR SuItS beCaUsE ArE PeOPle ArE all FuCkiNg IdIOtS, Oh nO A ScRAPE”

lol but seriously i like tali as a character. But quarians playing the sympathy card after they brought that shit with the geth on themselves? Lol fuck that.
I mean, fuck the geth too. Toasters aren't people.

RAIDEN1

1. Mass Effect 2
2. Mass Effect 3
3. Mass Effect 1

The order for me.
When it comes to Andromeda or ME:3....no contest..

Rikkori

I mean they did quite a bit of work on ME1 but it seems that for ME2 & 3 they will be below what the modded versions bring. I understand it's different for console-only players but as a PC gamer it's pretty lame to look at. The big thing that could tip it over will be the HDR implementation. I'll definitely give it a go though, I love this trilogy wholeheartedly so always happy to play through it again.

cripterion

To me this is not worth a buy. They can't even be arsed to reach the graphical level of Andromeda.

Would have jumped back if they gave it all the bells and whistles

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
XFqHtXE.jpg
this

A lot of Mass Effect moments people loved and they thought were from part 2, were actually from part 3.

I think it's time for people to acknowledge this.

They completely ruined the IM, removed any sense of planatory exploration, and added way too many fucking banshees. Nah dog, eat a bag of dicks on this one.

mansoor1980

Man, i dont like the fem shep model. I think Male Shepard got a bigger visual improvement. I played as him back then and was planning on doing a femshep run to see Jennifer Hale's performance but im gonna pass , i think its because they never modeled it after a real life model ,
did they model her after a real actor like the male shepard?
1280x720.jpg

looks different than the original

Last edited:
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
They completely ruined the IM, removed any sense of planatory exploration, and added way too many fucking banshees. Nah dog, eat a bag of dicks on this one.
Relax with the edge. So are you buying this edition or did you just come here to let loose on an almost 10 year old game?

VERY excited to replay this Masterpiece!

I honestly feel it has THE best story in gaming. I would have liked to see a RE2 style Remake but the touchups to the Legendary Edition will have to do. Proper controller support on PC is very welcome.

Also the Hate for ME3 is unfounded. Sure the ENDING was shit but the other 99.9% of the game before the ending, was FANTASTIC!

Will be playing on PC, so if they took out any Miranda ass shots, there will be a MOD to fix that immediately :messenger_sunglasses:

Commander Shepard is a MAN :messenger_winking:

Last edited:
Man, i dont like the fem shep model. I think Male Shepard got a bigger visual improvement. I played as him back then and was planning on doing a femshep run to see Jennifer Hale's performance but im gonna pass.
Dude just create a femshep. The customise option looks much improve. Easily can create a hot femshep.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
The fact that any class can use any weapon in ME1 is huge.

Can’t fucking wait. I will indeed rip through this trilogy again for the third time.
I just hope that they improved Soldier class somehow from this. That was one of the main perks of choosing Soldier in ME 1. Maybe they should add the bullet time skill from ME 2's Soldier or something.

Top Bottom