• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition Changes - Original vs. Remastered

Too lazy to watch the video, can anyone tell me if they did away with the mediocre control scheme and remapped sprint to L3 on consoles?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
did they model her after a real actor like the male shepard?
1280x720.jpg

looks different than the original
Looks like they remodeled after this. Shine baby, shine.

Russian-Matroshka.jpg

ZoukGalaxy

Gold Member
Good, the awesome Mako is still there, I was afraid to see them replace it with stupid and boring planet scan.
However FemShep by default is a fucking bad joke, she's fugly and MaleShep is badass in comparaison.

Last edited:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Man, i dont like the fem shep model. I think Male Shepard got a bigger visual improvement. I played as him back then and was planning on doing a femshep run to see Jennifer Hale's performance but im gonna pass.
You ever played full-on Renegade throughout the entire saga? It's an entertaining ride.

Renozokii

They actually removed a lot of the shots containing Miranda's ass. Not kidding. Look it up. Woke at it's worst.

Remember when female video game characters were attractive and badass and no one complained?
To my knowledge they removed shots from a single scene where she was talking about her family and the ass shots were out of place.

Also.. go outside man. There are far more attractive females you can probably look at through your window than in games, because you know.. they are real? And you are right, people didn’t complain. Women just avoided games in massive numbers and gaming was by a vast majority all men to where the numbers have evened out massively nowadays. Super sjws are no fun either but crying about video game characters not being attractive enough nowadays is such a pathetic take. And it’s not like they reduced the size of Miranda’s ass, they just didn’t zoom in on it while the character was talking about something serious. Boohoo

BigBooper

Is Mirandas arse still in the game?

Hopefully the changes are improvements and not to make the difficulty easier. I do really wish they had have dropped ammo entirely and gone to the cool down method of ME1, it was more tactical
Her bump is on the front now.

Kidding. I like the faces of the original better. The armor definitely looks better in the remaster, but with the faces and extreme lens flare this is looking more like a sidegrade than an upgrade. If they have a steady fast framerate it may be worthwhile though.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
I'm in the minority that loved everything Mass Effect 1 did, the combat and story. I hated ME 2 and ME 3, they were both halfbaked shitty versions of third person shooters, it was like they wanted to make a 3rd person shooter but didn't want to commit at all, and I missed the awesome semi-tactical action combat of the first one. Andromeda is such a shit show it's not even worth thinking about.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I mean... There are some nice improvements, but why not actually fix the game. It's a weird half measure that makes the game still look very dated.

zarathustrax7

Neo Member
I`m so excited for the changes on Mass Effect 1! It's my favorite but this will feel kinda like a Remake with these changes. Can't wait.

Big ME fan but considering I already have the games BC on the Xbox I'm gonna wait and see how well this plays. If it truly is 60fps on PS5/XSX and not too buggy I'll get it when it's like $40 max.

Kinda lame it's only 60 fps on next gen though. These games should be able to be 1080p/900p 60fps on the base PS4/X1.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Big ME fan but considering I already have the games BC on the Xbox I'm gonna wait and see how well this plays. If it truly is 60fps on PS5/XSX and not too buggy I'll get it when it's like $40 max.

Kinda lame it's only 60 fps on next gen though. These games should be able to be 1080p/900p 60fps on the base PS4/X1.

IDK this is a UE3 game, and those weren't always nice on last gen.

zaanan

Banned
I mean, what are they going to do? One of the fan fiction tier cop out endings like mind control that actually have no resolution and still need a real ending?

Short of having every game developer ever work on unique endings for the rest of their lives, and having a few thousand to ship with the final game, people were going to complain. There's no way to end a series like ME that doesn't suck, because ME was never about the ending or the answers, it was about the journey and characters.
I know right!!??? How dare we expect they work a little harder to at least come up with something, anything more satisfying!!
JzAY6NW.jpg
ZX0UyWs.jpg

Pallas

That's the one. They try to make it seem like the ultimate renegade ending but you're literally ensuring that people's minds aren't forcefully stripped of free will or molded together with A.I. That's why to me the blue and green endings are worse endings(and also seem creepier to me than red). From what I've seen of the new Mass Effect teaser it looks like they chose the red ending as canon anyway.
I had always considered red ending canon because of the secret ending that you get for getting enough war assets and you only get that ending if you pick Red. Which has a little something extra at the end.

But yeah I’m getting this myself, still disappointed that they aren’t putting multiplayer on ME3 in this legendary edition. It’s still up and running on the old consoles(Xbox 360 at least, assuming it’s the same on PS3?) and this would definitely bring new life to it.

Last edited:
IDK this is a UE3 game, and those weren't always nice on last gen.
I think it would be doable. There's plenty of PS360 era remasters with 60fps. I guess they didn't think they could do it or didn't think the optimization required to to it would be worth it. Whatever the case I'll be playing the next gen version anyways.

SkylineRKR

ME2 ran at a locked 60fps on my 2010 laptop, I think Radeon 5650. Its probably fine on Pro and 1X but PS5/SX could hit native 4k/60. idk if Pro BC is up to that.

lefty1117

Gold Member
Just a great setting they created for these stories. So well thought out, all kinds of backstory and lore created for it. I was convinced for a while they were going to make an MMO out of it. I really think it could have been good. Imagine running group raids against a reaper!

BigBooper

Not sure if it's worth getting this day 1 or wait for it to be free with Gamepass next year - thoughts?
I wouldn't count on it changing much in that time. How badly do you want to play it? You aren't really missing the zeitgeist wave by waiting, because the games are essentially the same and already years old.

xShaun

I wouldn't count on it changing much in that time. How badly do you want to play it? You aren't really missing the zeitgeist wave by waiting, because the games are essentially the same and already years old.
That is a good point. It just feels odd I haven't paid for a game in like a year now and feel odd as it was something I used to do often. 😅

Denorion

Neo Member
So... What are the odds they are adding in a new ending option to ME3, to serve as a hook for the new game?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It really sucks that they are keeping one of the (if not THE) worst endings in gaming, but I understand it. One change I wish they could have made was that you can survive the final mission and have the Citadel DLC be the true final mission.

Nico_D

Screenrant has a story about the Legendary Edition how it fixes some issues with Paragon/Renegade system of ME2. That's fine.

Then it says how ME2's best ending was "notoriously difficult" to get and how you had to do so many side quests in spesific order to achieve that.

That's bullshit. I've gotten the best ending every time. Making the choices on the ending sequence is pretty clear if you have paid any attention and gotten to know your team mates. Also there's no spesific order, at all.

And yes, ME3 rocks.

To my knowledge they removed shots from a single scene where she was talking about her family and the ass shots were out of place.

Also.. go outside man. There are far more attractive females you can probably look at through your window than in games, because you know.. they are real? And you are right, people didn’t complain. Women just avoided games in massive numbers and gaming was by a vast majority all men to where the numbers have evened out massively nowadays. Super sjws are no fun either but crying about video game characters not being attractive enough nowadays is such a pathetic take. And it’s not like they reduced the size of Miranda’s ass, they just didn’t zoom in on it while the character was talking about something serious. Boohoo
"Go outside" is just projecting from the fact that there's mass censorship in the games industry. So what if people want attractive video game characters?

Ascend

Fuuuuuck i need it now!

also mass effect 1 is my favorite

Mass effect 2 is objectively the best entry

Mass effect 3 is a better conclusion then folks give it credit for, especially with the dlc

Liara T’soni is best girl/romance choice

jacob deserves a better arc (him and miranda should have gotten together)

choosing to romance tali is like choosing your little sister

synthesis is the best ending (how you gonna do edi and legion dirty like that?)
I agree, except for ME2 being objectively the best entry. It's not. What does it really have..?

Best story/plot? ME1
Best gameplay? ME3
Best lore? ME1
Best banter? ME3

The only thing that ME2 truly does better is the characters. And the memes, which says a lot. And even then, I think ME3 handled the characters better in multiple cases.
Even the ending, which is generally praised, brought a lot of confusion when it just came out. The majority of the ending was good, but giant baby terminator reaper was not only confusing, it was stupid. It was a precedent of what we would be getting in ME3. Not to mention that the game is mainly filler. ME3 could have been pasted after ME1, skipping ME2 entirely, and it would work.

I still am of the opinion that ME2 is loved so much because it was the first Mass Effect game to arrive on PlayStation. Anything that is remotely good on PlayStation gets praised to the heavens and beyond. It brought a whole bunch of people to the Mass Effect franchise, but they all played it wrong by starting with ME2 rather than ME1. I also still maintain the perspective that the downward spiral of Mass Effect started with ME2. The downward spiral accelerated because of the high praise despite the many flaws in many areas that did not and still do not receive fair criticism.

The main reason I will be getting this is due to the ME1 changes. That alone makes it worth it. Because ME1 is better at pretty much everything. The main thing that held ME1 back was the poor controls and poor framerate. With that fixed, hopefully, more people see the true value of this game.

Tg89

ME1 is incredible. Think I beat it like 3 times the month it came out. People shit on it for being short but you can miss me with every game being 50+ hours where 30 of it is padding. 2 and 3 are great games as well.

Will probably wait for a bit of a discount on this since it's probably right around the time Burning Crusade/prepatch is coming.

JSoup

Banned
Now did they fix the stat screw ups for the DLC weapons sets?
Cause I hope note, they made the game a hilarious joke on hard mode.

Top Bottom