• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 PC Gamer Details [Up3: Four Demos At E3, 30+ Minute Livestream]

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I'm sort of ready for whatever shitty drama they throw at us for fucking two different people.

Main character - Totally faithful (not by choice, really)
Secondary character - lol no.

Should be fun to see what the difference is.

Jerk

Banned
HK-47 said:
12 characters is too much and spreads them thin. I actually have advocated for smaller, well written and well tied in parties like in MotB.

I'd rather have 4 Mordins, if you dont mind.

You know, even Mordin is content deficient when you get down to it. Still, at least he was competently written.

Lakitu

st5fu
Some interesting tweets from Casey Hudson:

@CaseyDHudson Will all the worlds we go to be in flames or will we still see some things that are still intact?

Casey Hudson
@there761 There will be wide variety in the level of destruction from planet to planet, but this is after all a full-blown galactic war.

@CaseyDHudson Althrough #ME3 is in early production atm. Is it okay to ask how many Choices the will in total?

Casey Hudson
@N1ghtcrys How many choices in #ME3 ? Wow, we will need to count after we're done, but a lot. The endings alone branch out like crazy

@CaseyDHudson I have heard ME3 will focus on Shepard's character and history more than both ME1 and ME2. Is that true? I certainly hope so.

Casey Hudson
@FieryPhoenix7 Correct. We're trying new ways to build more of an emotional connection to Shepard's experience as we head to the finale.

@CaseyDHudson Any hints as to how the squad armour customization system will work?

Casey Hudson
@ME3News Discussed squad customization with Preston (Design Lead) today actually. Still working on details.
(Interesting, I hope we get a suitable level of customisation for our squad)

@CaseyDHudson I hate to bother you with the same question as other keeps on asking you, but anyway. Have you any news about Miranda for us?

Casey Hudson
.@Chewin_3 Miranda will be in #ME3 of course. In what role, I won't spoil that. I hope she's okay though... :p

@CaseyDHudson Can you confirm if the same voice actors will be returning for ME3? Especially in regards to the LIs?

Casey Hudson
@emotiveunstable We can confirm pretty much all of the voice actors for main characters back for #ME3 especially love interests.

Casey Hudson
@Quaay00 We have a great little storyline for what happens to your #ME2 cabin stuff in #ME3.

Chiggs

Danielsan said:
Cerberus brings you back from the dead to fight the reapers. Now they are working with the reapers. Amazing writing right there...

Nailed it.

Just like watching an episode of Lost, you can clearly tell the writers are completely directionless.

I just hope the final boss isn't as lame this time around.

Did you guys ever entertain the notion that there might be more to it that we just don't know about yet? I seriously doubt they'd be that stupid.

Chiggs

brandonh83 said:
Did you guys ever entertain the notion that there might be more to it that we just don't know about yet? I seriously doubt they'd be that stupid.

Well, we hope not at least.

I think the way Cerberus is being handled is somewhat disconcerting. Also, I thought there would be more to the Reapers when I made the jump to their space. And what was the grand reveal?

A complete laughfest.

One thing I could maybe see them doing to have cerberus on their side is convincing them that the whole
human reaper
is going to aid in
human advancement.
Or something.

I'm really not wild about the idea, but if they give a good reason for it I'm all aboard. Not holding my breath, though.

I'm going to have an interesting conversation with Ashley in one of those play throughs.

I bumped uglies with Jack the minute I could. Had been romancing Tali and Miranda. Did the end game thing with Miranda, dumped her almost immediately and hooked up with Tali.

I hope it's something along the line of "You fucked three out of the five of your last female crew?" with the Renegade option of "It would have been five, but they weren't interested."

TheChaos

Blue Ninja said:
Fraternization indeed.

So no new love interests, but the straight ones now magically turn bisexual? Or maybe it'll work like Anders in DA2, who's straight if you're a female character, and gay if you're a male.

Or maybe Wrex was gay after all. Some of the things I've seen in the previous ME3 threads...

It's probably a new character, my guess.

Zomba13

HadesGigas said:
Space Hamster turns out to be the key to defeating the Reaper mothership. Hope you bought him in ME2 or goodbye universe!
The Reapers one weakness is the Space Hamster Flu. If you didn't get him in ME2 you can't get him to sneeze on the Reapers in ME3 and they can't be beat.

Blue Ninja said:
Hudson already said there's no new love interests in ME3.

On twitter he suggests otherwise. Though it's vague enough not to confirm new characters.

@firsthour Greg Noe
So Game Informer says no more Mass Effect love interests, but @CaseyDHudson says more variety. Trust the producer!

@CaseyDHudson Casey Hudson
.@firsthour Yes, our plans evolve over time, and are guided by your feedback. Interviews are often from earlier stages of development.

HadesGigas said:
On twitter he suggests otherwise. Though it's vague enough not to confirm new characters.

@firsthour Greg Noe
So Game Informer says no more Mass Effect love interests, but @CaseyDHudson says more variety. Trust the producer!

@CaseyDHudson Casey Hudson
.@firsthour Yes, our plans evolve over time, and are guided by your feedback. Interviews are often from earlier stages of development.
Well, they did change James Sanders' name to James Vega, so maybe characters aren't set in stone yet.

CrazyDude said:
He also confirmed not to trust everything you read in print and online when answering that question.
It's lies. All of it. Mass Effect 3 will be a dating simulator in which we'll defeat the Reapers by showing them the power of love.

LeNDX.jpg

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jerk said:
You know, even Mordin is content deficient when you get down to it. Still, at least he was competently written.

I dont think so. He ties into the main plot and his loyalty mission is one of the most in depth and personal, with the best characterization in the series (from Mordin, Shepard acts like an idiot, especially if you go paragon).

HK-47 said:
I dont think so. He ties into the main plot and his loyalty mission is one of the most in depth and personal, with the best characterization in the series (from Mordin, Shepard acts like an idiot, especially if you go paragon).
I always pick the neutral responses during Mordin's dialog missions, because the Genophage is one of the things I just can't make my mind up about. Okay, the krogan are dangerous, but they did neuter an entire species...

And I just know we're going to have to make a choice about this in ME3 again. :lol

Jerk

Banned
HK-47 said:

You misunderstand. I am not arguing against the depth of his character, but against how spartan the conversational options were for him.

Compared to characters like Shale or Allister-- also well written and acted--Mordin really did not have much to say (and that is a damn shame).

bengraven

Pretty cool that they're doing the save game generator from PS3 on all versions of ME3.

I still am going to beat ME2 for a second time, but I lost my main save (Para/Jack). :( I'll just recreate it with the generator.

Wiggum2007

Someone with a twitter account ask him if we still have to navigate the galaxy map with that stupid slow Normandy cursor! One of the most boneheaded changes in ME2.

Lakitu

st5fu
Well it seems we're going to get more romance options this time but I hope they don't forsake characterisation because of it. It seemed everybody wanted Shepard dick in ME 2. Jack right up until the point she constantly tells me to fuck off.

Hartt951

Danielsan said:
Cerberus brings you back from the dead to fight the reapers. Now they are working with the reapers. Amazing writing right there...
Seriously... this better be a fucking joke. Way to make the entire second game absolutely pointless Bioware.

Dresden

Blue Ninja said:
I always pick the neutral responses during Mordin's dialog missions, because the Genophage is one of the things I just can't make my mind up about. Okay, the krogan are dangerous, but they did neuter an entire species...

And I just know we're going to have to make a choice about this in ME3 again. :lol
Not really. Max out your Paragon bar and you'll just be able to convince them that killing is bad, at which point Mordin will whip out the cure.

Wiggum2007 said:
Someone with a twitter account ask him if we still have to navigate the galaxy map with that stupid slow Normandy cursor! One of the most boneheaded changes in ME2.
Asked him, we'll see if he answers. :lol

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well, it seems if nothing else, the side quests have a much larger effect on the ending.

Eurogamer said:
Skip ME3 sidequests, get "minimal" ending
by Fred Dutton

Dodge Mass Effect 3's myriad sidequests and you'll be punished with an unsatisfying endgame, developer BioWare has revealed.

Executive producer Casey Hudson told PC Gamer that players who take the time to explore the game will be rewarded with an "amazing" conclusion.

"If you do a little side quest, or you go off and do a major plot, these things contribute to the war effort," he explained.

"If you just rip straight down the critical path and try and finish the game as soon as you can, and do very little optional or side stuff, then you can finish the game. You can have some kind of ending and victory, but it'll be a lot more brutal and minimal relative to if you do a lot of stuff.

"If you really build a lot of stuff and bring people to your side and rally the entire galaxy around you, and you come into the end game with that, then you'll get an amazing, very definitive ending."

The keenly-anticipated follow up to 2010's game of the year is due out in early 2012.
Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-17-skip-me3-sidequests-get-minimal-ending

Jarmel

Banned
http://twitter.com/?q=caseydhudson#!/CaseyDHudson

More tweets from Hudson. Looks like mechs are more than a one-off deal. Good news as it should break up the pacing somewhat. Also ME3 being shown off to press tomorrow, we don't get jack though.

http://twitter.com/?q=caseydhudson#!/gtez

Jesse Houston also confirmed lesbian relationships. Great news right there.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Duh there was gonna be lesbian relationships. We knew that the moment the game was announced.

Jackl

Chiggs said:
Nailed it.

Just like watching an episode of Lost, you can clearly tell the writers are completely directionless.

I just hope the final boss isn't as lame this time around.

At the rate of creative genius coming out it'll be a giant inflatable Shepard with lazers coming out of its eyes screaming I'LL BE BACK as it dies.

Jarmel said:
http://twitter.com/?q=caseydhudson#!/CaseyDHudson

More tweets from Hudson. Looks like mechs are more than a one-off deal. Good news as it should break up the pacing somewhat.

This is the worst news I've heard thus far. I really dislike mechs. Not only as a gameplay element, but as a concept as a whole.

Hope it's not too prevalent.

I'm curious to see the difference between my different play throughs and how they affect ME 3. Just finished a Renegade run with only 4 survivors. It will be interesting compared to my other play through where everyone lived.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
HK-47 said:
shepard IS an idiot.
its frankly embarrassing some of the things he says and does.

Kinyou

Mr_Zombie said:
Morinth certainly doesn't fuck the way any women I know does.
Gah, don't remind me of her. There was absolutely no logical reason why choosing Samara over her would give you Paragon points.

Top Bottom