• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Avengers - PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X - Graphics Comparison & FPS Test

EdGalTBR

Banned

- The 3 versions have 2 display modes: 4K / 30FPS (1440p on S Series) and some improved settings or variable 4K at 60FPS (1080p on S Series).

- 4K / 30FPS mode has slight improvement in reflections, textures, particles, draw distance and shadows. - In 4K / 30FPS mode they all experience some small drops in resolution, although they keep the target set most of the time, especially Series X.

- In FPS mode, for the first few minutes of the game, the PS5 resolution varies between 3840x2160 and 2560x1440p, but as soon as we get to the Quinjet and start missions with more open and loaded spaces, the usual resolution becomes dynamic 1920x2160p, while on X Series it stays at dynamic 3840x1836p. In this case, there is a clear advantage in the Xbox version.

- In FPS mode, Series X maintains a higher draw distance. - Slightly better loading times on PS5.

- The framerate is quite stable in both modes, slightly better on PS5

Last edited:

n0body

Banned
giphy.gif

I can't be sure, but it might've been the AC Valhalla comparison thread. Every other comment was a variation of "eat crow". I told them to enjoy it while it lasted, because sooner or later the power difference would become apparent.

Of course I was shouted down by people saying that obviously Sony's tools would improve over time as well, along with the usual armchair hardware experts explaining to anyone who would listen about how Sony's solution was "elegant" and that we would definitely see similar results throughout the entire gen.

Seems it ended up being sooner.

Kholinar

Banned
I can't be sure, but it might've been the AC Valhalla comparison thread. Every other comment was a variation of "eat crow". I told them to enjoy it while it lasted, because sooner or later the power difference would become apparent.

Of course I was shouted down by people saying that obviously Sony's tools would improve over time as well, along with the usual armchair hardware experts explaining to anyone who would listen about how Sony's solution was "elegant" and that we would definitely see similar results throughout the entire gen.

Seems it ended up being sooner.
Mate, the 'differences' are so minute that you need appropriate hardware just to comprehend them. This ain't the 50% performance delta that your people been spewing about. I think you need to worry about your stream of content rather than small percentage differences.

cyen

I usually give my semi troll takes on this threads just for fun because it's cringe to see some of the users moving goal posts and basically calling wins because of a few fps difference or some innegible res differences. Although in this case Xbox seems to have the upper end in 99% of the face offs both consoles provide the same experience and that should be something to be happy about not to fight for.

I usually give my semi troll takes on this threads just for fun because it's cringe to see some of the users moving goal posts and basically calling wins because of a few fps difference or some innegible res differences. Although in this case Xbox seems to have the upper end in 99% of the face offs both consoles provide the same experience and that should be something to be happy about not to fight for.

Clearly, I agree, PS5 or XsX winning, the differences are not at the same level we encountered during last gen, not enough to change the experience between the two consoles.

Elios83

PS5 should be using checkerboard 4K in performance mode according to developers so only the vertical resolution is native while horizontal resolution is basically half on a checkerboard pattern and then reconstructed taking advantage of the particular pixel pattern.
It's a good choice that basically has led to almost not perceptible differences compared to a non checkerboard solution once the final image is reconstructed into a full 4K frame.

Last edited:

LMJ

This has just become laughable...

I mean, you guys (Xboxers, Pstars) do recall the majority of players calling this game a turd right, pretty but limited, huge grind, unlikable protagonist etc

now because it got a spit shine you're arguing over who has the best version, be it framerate or resolution

You're literally fighting over who gets the shiniest turd lol

emoji shining GIF by Geo Law

but hey then you wouldn't get that silly gif would you

"another one" lol

idk mate, SX has up to 70% lead in resolution clarity, that's a big one unless you play on 32" tv of old

usualy true but here xsx has big resolution advantage

Currently, yes the difference is big in this video (I'm surprised about that DF did not rised this resolution, for me there is something wrong), but we need to have other reviews to confirm it. Possible that's simply a bug also.

Last edited:

Marlenus

Mate, the 'differences' are so minute that you need appropriate hardware just to comprehend them. This ain't the 50% performance delta that your people been spewing about. I think you need to worry about your stream of content rather than small percentage differences.

Did you rewind to 2013 because that is where the PS4 had an on paper 50% advantage over Xbox One.

Series X should be 15%, give or take, faster than PS5 from a pure hardware standpoint so marginally higher settings or a marginally higher resolution is expected.

I don't recall anyone talking 50% deltas.

assurdum

Banned
Yup, another shitty port for PS5 from PS4 pro. Seems that xbox is more simple and easier to tweak backwards compatibility games.
Shitty port it's an exaggeration. Let's see how FPS will run on both at 60 FPS before to say it's better higher resolution in this mode

Rea

Clearly Xbox gonna holds 60fps pretty well, if not only slightly worse than PS5.
Xbox is king in porting backwards compatibility games, PS5 is no match for that. This is another port suffers from "free to upgrade from last gen to next gen" with minimal efforts from devs. Ps5 version is with some tweaks special effects with same resolution as ps4 pro, Xbox SX is pc version with some tweaks and optimized abit. That's all there's to it.

As you can see, there are other games such as this, suffers from this "free to upgrade" syndrome, namely " division 2, ghost recon, mortal shell, etc.."

Mate, that curiously wasn't the case when the shoe was on the other foot was it? "My people" weren't spewing anything about any delta. Trolling fanboys were I assume, because they aren't here anymore. But all those spewing about how the PS5 was set to win comparisons this gen, and to eat crow still are.

I did take your advice though, and look into content streams though in 2021.
XBS=35
PS5=31
Seems my stream of content is set to flow just fine. As a bonus, I'll even have the storage to put it on.
Perhaps you should do some worrying yourself about that.

This has just become laughable...

I mean, you guys (Xboxers, Pstars) do recall the majority of players calling this game a turd right, pretty but limited, huge grind, unlikable protagonist etc

now because it got a spit shine you're arguing over who has the best version, be it framerate or resolution

You're literally fighting over who gets the shiniest turd lol

emoji shining GIF by Geo Law

but hey then you wouldn't get that silly gif would you

"another one" lol
It could be worse. Imagine being so desperate as to try and claim a "win" using a demo.

mrmeh

I bought this for my XsX for £25 before xmas - it's ok, I like smashing. Played in 60fps mode last night, looked good.

Top Bottom