• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Avengers |OT| - Dread it, run from it, destiny arrives all the same

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Just because you’ve never heard of them doesn’t mean they aren’t established. The game was made with feedback directly from Marvel. The comic books are all over the place so Marvel itself would be the best authority on these matters. Kamala is very likeable in the game and I can almost guarantee Carol Danvers will be playable at some point.

'..feedback directly from Marvel'? You mean the same Marvel who greenlit the new characters in The New Warriors: Screentime, Snowflake, and Safespace!

Hostile_18

Banned
I'm the opposite, the story is amazing.

Just like the MCU.

Anyone on the fence if you love Marvel buy it you won't regret it.

jaysius

Banned

So... much... cringe.

This fits perfectly into these games, I've encountered people this invested in their own worlds that they don't realize how maladapted to reality they are. There are many fans that can relate to this and think this is normal behavior.

Super cringy, good find.

Last edited:
For people crying about muh micro transactions there’s a whole thread on just that you can go troll and bitch in.
I honesty don’t understand it unless I’m missing something.

it looks like they give you the ability threw the 6 main battle passes that you get to earn 7800 credits which gives you enough credits to get 7 hero battle passes.

I could see if it looks like it would take forever
to get threw the battle pass but it doesn’t seem like it.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!

So... much... cringe.

Yikes, I’d power thru if the game was good. I could barely finish missions they were so borning. That’s coming from someone that will sit in the strike playlist in destiny and play the same missions over and over.

2 room missions.... :messenger_grimmacing_

GreyHand23

I honesty don’t understand it unless I’m missing something.

it looks like they give you the ability threw the 6 main battle passes that you get to earn 7800 credits which gives you enough credits to get 7 hero battle passes.

I could see if it looks like it would take forever
to get threw the battle pass but it doesn’t seem like it.

All of that is fair, but the prices in the marketplace are a bit outrageous. Hopefully they see all the complaints from fans of the game on reddit and lower those.

EthanKart

Banned
70 minutes in and I have my first crash on PC. See theres a lot of other people on PC reporting the game is crashing a lot for them

John Day

Played a bit more at home now (at lunch) and yup, it was my other controller fucking up (although i can fight even better now with the camera at Wide, thanks!!).

Always funny to see people testing Banner’s patience 🤣🤣🤣

Yup, and the animation (particularly faces) and environmental attention to detail both approach TLOU2. Good stuff.
This is interesting, cause the facial animations in the public beta were awfully shit. Cool, when they got that corrected. Will still wait, till it's a lot cheaper... and maybe a little bit more patched out.

DTU

Banned
This is interesting, cause the facial animations in the public beta were awfully shit. Cool, when they got that corrected. Will still wait, till it's a lot cheaper... and maybe a little bit more patched out.

I'm coming off of Ghosts of Fukushima, which has terrible facial animations.

So people are paying $20 more for a few skins and to play a few days early? Probably be through all the content before the game releases proper. Such a scum SE move.

No? It's $10 more and you get $10 in in-game currency? And the only way you'd get through all of the content before Friday is if you're a no life loser bitch.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
It's worse than corona.
I cannot believe how bad this is, I cannot believe how talentless the hack developers are.

There are some segments in this game that I would rate 1.5/10 at BEST.

Guys seriously what's the suicide hotline.
This is an embarrassment to all of gaming.
It's an insult to the PlayStation platform.
It's truly vomit inducing.

Again, I cannot believe what I AM SEEING RIGHT NOW.
It's that bad.

I don't know what you know about Japanese culture, but boy, you do sound like an expert. Please, do continue. Best post I seen in a while lmao

How is it for someone who wants to just play the story.

I have no interest in it, but my wife really wants to play...but she hates Multiplayer stuff and just wants to run the campaign.

Is it doable on her own?

RoboFu

One of the green rats
He's not playing it. He just decided to troll an OT.

You are right about one thing. I am not playing this horrible game anymore.. refund and thumbs down!

xrap.jpg

Actually im moving to steam version since I have credits over there andf give it more of a try. I dont want ot pay full price for this POS. ;)

Last edited:

Elcid

Banned
You are right about one thing. I am not playing this horrible game anymore.. refund and thumbs down!

xrap.jpg

Actually im moving to steam version since I have credits over there andf give it more of a try. I dont want ot pay full price for this POS. ;)
Now prove you were at work earlier!

Hinedorf

Banned

Kate Bishop announced!

Complete deal breaker for me. There are so many great unique female super heroes that should've been used as starting characters - Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Captain Marvel....... the Kamala character is a big thumbs down in any form and Kate Bishop is Hawkeye with boobs.....these characters feel more like woke decisions than trying to entice Marvel fans. Going to remain patient until I see Dr. Strange.

Elcid

Banned
Complete deal breaker for me. There are so many great unique female super heroes that should've been used as starting characters - Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Captain Marvel....... the Kamala character is a big thumbs down in any form and Kate Bishop is Hawkeye with boobs.....these characters feel more like woke decisions than trying to entice Marvel fans. Going to remain patient until I see Dr. Strange.
As I'm sure you can tell from my post history, I can't stand woke type shit, but it is what it is in this case. They wrote Miss Marvel really well and she's just a fun fan girl who happens to be a muslim. As for Kate Bishop, it's actually pretty awesome she gets some recognition. PLUS they're still giving us Hawkeye so it's not like one or the other. They're obviously going to be releasing a lot more characters so why stress about this? They're clearing trying to keep some balance so it's not 8/10 are guys which is fine by me. Wasp, She-Hulk, and Scarlet Witch are a few of my favorite characters. Could totally pass on Mar-Vell and Winter Soldier though!

• Ant-Man
  • Wasp
  • Vision
  • Black Panther
  • Dr. Strange
  • Falcon
  • Mar-Vell
  • Mockingbird
  • Quake
  • Winter Soldier
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Captain Marvel
  • Kate Bishop
  • She-Hulk
  • War Machine

Last edited:

Elcid

Banned
On a side note, Kate looks hot AF and I love her Hawkeye costume. I knew a Western development shop could still make a sexy woman!

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Getting major Anthem vibes from this one. It looks great, is fun to play, but has no endgame.

Esca

Spent a good portion of the day playing the campaign. I am really enjoying it. Kamala is written so well and is a dream to play. I thought before playing this i wouldn't like her and thought she was a bit lame super power wise but she is awesome

Last edited:

Elcid

Banned
Getting major Anthem vibes from this one. It looks great, is fun to play, but has no endgame.
It has endgame raids and content releasing regularly...they already announced two characters and campaigns and villains with them.

Spent a good portion of the day playing the campaign. I am really enjoying it. Kamala is written so well and is a dream to play. I thought before playing this i wouldn't like her and thought she was a bit lame super power wise but she is awesome
Isn’t she?! I never cared for her much but she’s so well done in this game.

Got to play about 3 hours. Now I'm back to work. Thankfully Labor Day weekend should give me a chance to play more. Comparing it to the beta, the performance on PS4 Pro is much better but I'm not at the point where 4 heroes are spamming powers yet. Kamala's swinging also feels more responsive. Seems they did some balance adjustments too, Hulk's Rage feels like it drains the intrinsic bar faster so I actually have to time parries now instead of spamming it. I'd prefer spamming but I guess tanking wasn't supposed to be that easy. Also Squenix's servers seem to keep on dying on me but I'm going to finish the campaign before doing multiplayer so it doesn't matter yet.

Today's War Table was meh. Not really a fan of Kate Bishop but I imagine they're going to be releasing heroes in sets because releasing them one at a time will discourage people from paying for the premium challenge cards if they can easily grind them one at a time. Everyone know the reveals was supposed to be Black Panther but yeah.

As for all the doom and gloom about flopping, who knows. The game has a built in audience but I never expected Star Wars to flop either. I like the gameplay than Ultimate Alliance so that's already more than what I can say for EA's Battlefront when compared to the old ones.

So I'm a few hours in and enjoying the story for the most part, but my mind keeps going back to the beginning because of a perplexing plot point that I still don't quite get. So Kamala clicked a Reddit link which directed her to an AIM login page with Tony Stark's username pre-filled, and when she guessed the password it contained incriminating security footage from the Helicarrier? Is this explained further or is this just something I have to turn my brain off for?

Esca

So I'm a few hours in and enjoying the story for the most part, but my mind keeps going back to the beginning because of a perplexing plot point that I still don't quite get. So Kamala clicked a Reddit link which directed her to an AIM login page with Tony Stark's username pre-filled, and when she guessed the password it contained incriminating security footage from the Helicarrier? Is this explained further or is this just something I have to turn my brain off for?
they start to explain it later

DTU

Banned
Wish you could switch characters during combat. Otherwise, it's so damn satisfying. They nailed the animations and sound design during combat. That Abomination fight with Hulk pounding his chest in. Man, I could feel that.

Also, I'm so glad that all of the chicks aren't fat piggoes. They're literally all hot.

Last edited:

Forsythia

If the single-player is of a descent length I might try this game with a discount. I found the beta a bit meh, but I like the MCU. I'm also glad to hear the game isn't the pile of shit it was made out to be.

Last edited:
Top Bottom