• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Spider Man 2 | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Spider Man 2 wil get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChiefDada

Gold Member
heath ledger joker GIF

Topher

Gold Member

LordCBH

The only time Insomniac has ever let me down with a mainline title of anything was with Fuse. Been here for all their Spyro, all their mainline R&C’s, and SM and SM MM. this is gonna be yet another treat!

Edit: and Resistance 1-3!

Last edited:

GHG

Insomniac are machines.

Not the biggest fan of the spiderman games (I heavily lean more towards DC than I do Marvel and the spiderman games are very much quintessential open world games), but these guys just know how to churn out quality that their audience love.

Bond007

dunno what they mean by open-world falling short
Seems like they point at some repetitive-ness. Seems odd to blast this one over that now when they kind of all have the same feel in the open world.
In this case, I take that particular criticism with a grain of salt.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Gamespot and IGN have been harsh on a lot of the big exclusives recently. Especially compared to the other publications which have been handing out 9s and 10s to everyone and their mothers.

I wonder if its a concerted effort to be more like Eurogamer, Edge than Gameinformer. The game looks like it will be the first 90+ insomniac game in over two decades so it's weird to see both IGN and Gamespot hype machine offer a slightly more measured look.

And I mean that in a good way. 8 is still considered GREAT in Gamespot's book.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Gamespot and IGN have been harsh on a lot of the big exclusives recently. Especially compared to the other publications which have been handing out 9s and 10s to everyone and their mothers.

I wonder if its a concerted effort to be more like Eurogamer, Edge than Gameinformer. The game looks like it will be the first 90+ insomniac game in over two decades so it's weird to see both IGN and Gamespot hype machine offer a slightly more measured look.

And I mean that in a good way. 8 is still considered GREAT in Gamespot's book.

Gamespot maybe, but I disagree on IGN given their reviews of Pikmin 4 and TOTK

Top Bottom