• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Spider Man 2 | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Spider Man 2 wil get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeepSpace5D

I originally predicted an 89. After watching the launch trailer earlier today, I’d like to amend that score to a 91.

It might seem outlandish over a trailer, but I guess I didn’t realize how many big-name villains are in this one. It’s looking like the quintessential Spider-Man game and I had to up the score a bit.

Varteras

Gold Member
Chill Relax GIF

Justin9mm

When the first Spider-Man came out on PS4, I wasn't all that interested, I didn't pick it up until a couple years later. I absolutely loved the gameplay combat loop. Miles Morales was more of the same but playing Performance RT mode made the combat more fluid and fun. These games have become top in my list of fav PS games. I'm content with more of the same.. Insomniac so far don't disappoint so fully expecting this one to be just as good. I never get tired of swinging through the city. I have a feeling this may crack the 90 on Metacritic.

Last edited:

Nydius

I voted high 80s. I suspect a common refrain in reviews will be along the lines of: “fast switching feels great, swinging has never felt better, but too much of the same design as the prior games holds it back”.

Kerotan

When the first Spider-Man came out on PS4, I wasn't all that interested, I didn't pick it up until a couple years later. I absolutely loved the gameplay combat loop. Miles Morales was more of the same but playing Performance RT mode made the combat more fluid and fun. These games have become top in my list of fav PS games. I'm content with more of the same.. Insomniac so far don't disappoint so fully expecting this one to be just as good. I never get tired of swinging through the city. I have a feeling this may crack the 90 on Metacritic.
Same here. I bought Spiderman a few months after launch on a sale not thinking I would love it. I was absolutely blown away.

Kindela

Banned
You don't have to be a Nostradamus to know it will get somewhere in high 80s low 90s no matter the quality
That's one way of looking at it. Or you just know it's going to be good enough to warrant high 80s low 90s based on company's track record.

gimmmick

I’d hate to be wrong but I think it will average around 86 when all said and done. It looks so good in motion.

Arun1910

I think this will score higher than expected. The combat seems more in depth, swinging seems better... if they just bring in more diverse side missions/activities then this will address issues I had with the first game.

94/100.

Top Bottom