• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel announces that their "Women of Power" event is coming to their video games

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
*Puts on Neoxon mask*

Marvel said:
Marvel Games Celebrates Marvel's Women of Power
Look for new characters and content featuring Marvel's greatest female super heroes!

Beginning Thursday, March 3, Marvel Games will be releasing new characters and content featuring Marvel’s “Women of Power” across its portfolio of mobile, console, handheld, and PC game titles. The event coincides with Marvel Publishing’s “Women of Power” initiative, which will feature 25 new comic covers for Marvel’s most popular female characters. Additionally, new consumer product lines celebrating these iconic super heroes will launch in March and continue throughout spring and summer.

“Marvel’s ‘Women of Power’ event celebrates some of the most popular heroes and villains in the Marvel Universe, bringing them together in a unique way for the first time,” said Peter Phillips, EVP/GM, Interactive and Digital Distribution, Marvel Entertainment. “By featuring these stories and characters throughout a single month, we’ve lined up one the most exciting events in the history of Marvel games.”

Details on some the super heroes, super villains, and content being released during the “Women of Power” event include:

LEGO Marvel’s Avengers (Console and Handheld): LEGO Marvel’s Avengers is releasing a new pack of downloadable content later this month that will add to the roster of over 100 characters. This pack features one of Marvel’s most powerful super heroes, Captain Marvel, alongside fan favorite characters Moonstone and the super villain Poundcakes.

Marvel Contest of Champions (Mobile Game): In the latest update for Marvel Contest of Champions, fans will need to battle through a new event quest featuring Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) and will be able to enhance their team with some of the greatest female super heroes, including She-Hulk, X-23, and Ms. Marvel herself.

Marvel Avengers Academy (Mobile Game): Players enroll, build, and run Avengers Academy – the ultimate super hero school for a very exclusive group of students in Marvel Avengers Academy. This March, several all-new female heroes will be joining the student body of the Academy during a special event.

Marvel Puzzle Quest (Mobile Game): Marvel Puzzle Quest, the best in match-3 puzzle gameplay, will be releasing brand new “Women of Power” variant comic covers featuring their top female characters.

Marvel Future Fight (Mobile Game): In Marvel Future Fight players will be able to engage in a brand new game event featuring Proxima Midnight, a member of Thanos’ Black Order and one of his most powerful generals. This is in addition to the already wide roster of female super heroes, including Black Widow, Thor (Jane Foster), Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), and Spider-Gwen.

Spider-Man Unlimited (Mobile Game): Spider-Man Unlimited features content from over 50 years of comic lore, including more than 30 playable Spider-Man characters. Fans will now enjoy more web-slinging, running, and dashing with a special event featuring notable Spider-Women including Silk.

Marvel Heroes 2016 (PC Game): Written by the critically acclaimed comic-scribe, Brian Michael Bendis, Marvel Heroes 2016 is an online action RPG from the creative visionaries behind Diablo and Diablo II. In the latest installment to this game, players will be able to team up with fan favorite Rescue and earn an enhanced power costume for American Dream.

Marvel’s “Women of Power” Month will also see the launch of new product lines celebrating Marvel's female super heroes. These leading ladies of the Marvel Universe made an impact with fans when new figures, playsets, role play and collectibles were revealed at New York Toy Fair last month. Iconic characters including Black Widow – soon to be seen in the upcoming film, Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War” – were shown in a variety of sizes and categories, along with classic Marvel Comics characters such as Captain Marvel, Silk, Gamora, Spider-Gwen, Kitty Pryde and more.
Source: http://marvel.com/news/video_games/25817/marvel_games_celebrates_marvels_women_of_power

portrait_uncanny.jpg

sn00zer

Looking at that list of Marvel games it is amazing the only thing close to an actual Marvel universe game is a Lego game.

Finaj

It's nice to see more of Kamala. I honestly wish she was Ms. Marvel in the MCU instead of Carol Danvers.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I was just about to ask if there was anything outside of characters as a focus for Infinity.

The new Marvel Infinity figures are all guys: Black Panther, Ant-Man, and Vision.

I think Black Widow and Gamorra are the only Marvel women in the entire series.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The new Marvel Infinity figures are all guys: Black Panther, Ant-Man, and Vision.

I seen that. They all look cool, but was hoping for maybe a female focus like this, since Disney is opting to stick with 3.0 and build upon it more for this year, instead of 4.0.

Son Of D

Surprised there isn't a Scarlet Witch figure. She's in Civil War after all.

Drayco21

Spider-Gwen being the female spider character they push in all their multimedia stuff bothers me way more than it should.

New Xmen Character after the supposed ban? Interesting.

Games like Contest of Champions and Marvel Heroes signed their contracts before the ban, so they can still use them. X-Men characters still aren't coming to more recent games.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I seen that. They all look cool, but was hoping for maybe a female focus like this, since Disney is opting to stick with 3.0 and build upon it more for this year, instead of 4.0.

Yeah, doesn't look like they're interested this go around. They included four women in the Star Wars set, and obviously a ton in Disney-Pixar, but they seem to have zero interest in adding more women for Marvel.

Perhaps they're being asked to hold back on them by Marvel itself given the Infinity marketing team frequently put Gamorra and Black Widow in their ads due to the amount of women who buy the game, whereas they rarely get featured in toy marketing anywhere else.

That doesn't entirely line up with what they're doing for this event though, so it's kind of incongruent.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Spider-Gwen being the female spider character they push in all their multimedia stuff bothers me way more than it should.

Games like Contest of Champions and Marvel Heroes signed their contracts before the ban, so they can still use them. X-Men characters still aren't coming to more recent games.

Also given Contest of Champions has earned $200 million so far, they probably don't want to mess with the product.

curb

Banned
Yeah, doesn't look like they're interested this go around. They included four women in the Star Wars set, and obviously a ton in Disney-Pixar, but they seem to have zero interest in adding more women for Marvel.

Perhaps they're being asked to hold back on them by Marvel itself given the Infinity marketing team frequently put Gamorra and Black Widow in their ads due to the amount of women who buy the game, whereas they rarely get featured in toy marketing anywhere else.

That doesn't entirely line up with what they're doing for this event though, so it's kind of incongruent.

They've said that more Marvel figures are coming later this year so hopefully it's not another total bro party like this round of figures.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Thanks for the info. Makes sense when all the info is laid out like that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Future Fight is the best Marvel game on the market right now, bar none.

Avengers Academy is a fun little idle thing, without much substance.

CoC is trash, though.

like voting for trump, that joke isnt that funny anymore

marvel puzzle quest is decent a number of us have been playing for over 2 years >.<;

also I posted these in the marvel puzzle quest thread already but the new covers in MPQ are the following

most of which can be seen in the opening poster in smaller form.
5OsHV2c.png

curb

Banned
If only someone would put out a full AAA experience to actually compete; then it wouldn't be such a joke.

Spider-Man 2 was good and all but I'm still waiting for Marvel to get its Arkham.

Also, I'm probably going to be waiting a long time at this point.

Marvel heroes is light years better than all the other games on that list and they've had all of the major female characters as either playable characters or as team ups for a while.

Sblargh

Banned
Marvel is so cool. *fanboy*
I don't participate in the comics thread because I am 6 months behind (marvel unlimited is so cool) and I don't post on the marvel heroes thread because lol.

So I will say it here that marvel is the coolest.

Verendus

Banned
Maybe one day these women of power will come to the movies. We finally have one black guy. It only took nine years, but we're getting there. Positive signs.

Progress as they would say.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Marvel is so cool. *fanboy*
I don't participate in the comics thread because I am 6 months behind (marvel unlimited is so cool) and I don't post on the marvel heroes thread because lol.

So I will say it here that marvel is the coolest.
I wonder if there would be enough traffic for a Marvel Unlimited OT for those of us who are 6 months behind. There's always something to talk about with the weekly releases.

Top Bottom