• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s Wolverine to have a Mature rating and feature human dismemberment mechanics

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I would be interesting to see Insonmiac go dark and gritty.
FuseInsomniacGames.jpg

Fuz

Banned
This is amazing. The old Wolerine game was a blast.

Now.
Please no stupid side camera
pray.jpg

MiguelItUp

Really excited about this. Loved Wolverine as a kid. This reminds me, I should check out that Wolverine game Raven developed. Apparently it was pretty solid, and really gory, lol.
And being PS5 only

Hyped

hyped GIF
At least until there will quite possibly be a PC release, like they've done previously. To which I'll most likely just double dip, lol.

Saber

Gold Member
Obviously because Wolwerine is pacifist and his claws aren't made adamantiun and aren't really sharp.

The Fartist

Gold Member
I will cry if I can scale walls and buildings (Sentinels?) with Wovie's claws. I'm sick and tired of Marvel/superhero shit but this, this, I'm pumped for. Bring it, Insomniac.

giphy.gif

Edit: They should do 2099 Wolverine after this one on PS6, I would cry again.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I didn't realize that. Man, Sony is creating synergies left, right, and center.
  • TLOU P1 / TLOU HBO
  • Spider-Man 2 / Across the Spider-Verse
  • Wolverine / Deadpool x Wolverine
Jim Ryan finally acting smart.

(I would have been doing this decades ago)

GymWolf

This is cartoony. Which doesn't necessarily means "for kids".

I think that was their idea of semi-realism with the hardware limits they had, it doesn't look that cartoony to me, unless we are talking about the exagerate moves he does.

I'm ok with that but with ultra realistic graphic.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I think that was their idea of semi-realism with the hardware limits they had, it doesn't look that cartoony to me, unless we are talking about the exagerate moves he does.

I'm ok with that but with ultra realistic graphic.
Well, ripping a guy apart in two or cutting his arm then beating him with it isn't exactly my definition of "realistic".
2Rce3.gif

fermcr

What kind of sorcery Insomniac have so that they can make/release so many games in a relative short period of time.

Sony really made a great deal when they acquired them.

Last edited:
What kind of sorcery Insomniac have so that they can make/release so many games in a relative short period of time.

Sony really made a great deal when they acquired them.
They really did, for me whenever I see insomiac as the developer, it's a day one purchase. Probably the best developer performance wise for ps5 right now with their different graphic settings and updates as well.

Last edited:

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
I wonder what other characters will guest appears in Wolverine? Deadpool? Kitty Pryde? Jean Grey? Colossus?

GymWolf

Well, ripping a guy apart in two or cutting his arm then beating him with it isn't exactly my definition of "realistic".
2Rce3.gif
Then we were talking about different things.

I was talking about the microdetails that make tlou 2 more violent compared to other violent games, a realism in microdetails like the enemies gargling to death (with different recorded garglings), realistic weighty ragdoll, marks for every wounds, realistic non-exagerated wounds etc.

It is somehow realistic to separe a dude in half when you have knives for fingers and super strenght and animal rage like wolverine, but you can show the gore and enemies suffering in a cartoony way or a bleak way like tlou2, i just hope for the second if they want to make an adult story with a serious tone.

Like the violence in the logan movie is different compared to other movies with wolverine.

Last edited:

H . R . 2

what I am wondering about which surprisingly nobody is talking about is the setting.
I think it will be the deciding factor that will set the tone, the graphics/visual style, and even the score.

I would love the visuals and the music to be either dark/grim or in the same vein as Logan's stylish intro
with a story as simple and personal as GOW

Last edited:

Quasicat

I loved the Wolverine game on PS3/Xbox 360, but the purple blood on the helicopter scene just didn’t make sense compared to all of the other violence in it.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
All correct.... except the doughy bit. I've been reading Wolverine and X Men comics for over 30 years, he is absolutely not, and has never been, doughy. If anything he's always been portrayed as so incredibly muscular that it seems odd considering he pretty much just eats salami, smokes, and drinks lol, but hey comics are rad.

Not talking about physicality, just in the perceived "shape" of the character being a bit. . .off to me.

CGNoire

what I am wondering about which surprisingly nobody is talking about is the setting.
I think it will be the deciding factor that will set the tone, the graphics/visual style, and even the score.

I would love the visuals and the music to be either dark/grim or in the same vein as Logan's stylish intro
Looking at the trailer im assuming Alberta. Forest/Lumber/cabin areas.

Looking at the trailer im assuming Alberta. Forest/Lumber/cabin areas.

8f2ZTrb.jpg

Not really, everything seems to point towards Madripoor. What's written on the chalkboard behind the bar. is the name of the princess bar. which is a well known location from the comics directly tied to wolverine that's located in madripoor. plus the mixture of asian influence/decorations confirms this. as well as the eye patch on the bar next to logan's arm. which, under a seperate alias wolverine used was and is patches. a alias he uses only when's in madripoor, tho if I remember correctly he used the patches identity when he thought the X-men were dead.

Last edited:

H . R . 2

8f2ZTrb.jpg

Not really, everything seems to point towards Madripoor. What's written on the chalkboard behind the bar. is the name of the princess bar. which is a well known location from the comics directly tied to wolverine that's located in madripoor. plus the mixture of asian influence/decorations confirms this. as well as the eye patch on the bar next to logan's arm. which, under a seperate alias wolverine used was and is patches. a alias he uses only when's in madripoor, tho if I remember correctly he used the patches identity when he thought the X-men were dead.
how about that license plate? :)
and the outfit?

Last edited:
how about that license plate? :)
and the outfit?

Obviously an easter egg, along with what's on the cash register. but it's pretty clear this is the princess bar. plus dark end of street that plays during the trailer, has a specific theme to it. along with the tattoo on the thugs arm may be hinting at.

Top Bottom