• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s Wolverine to have a Mature rating and feature human dismemberment mechanics

H . R . 2

marvels-wolverine-image-1024x576.jpg

Marvel’s Wolverine Will be Semi-Open World, Targeting Fall 2024 Launch – Rumour​

according to Jeff Grubb

Last edited:

GymWolf

This is when the ice team should share tlou2 gore system with insomniac to improve on it.

Hopefully it's gonna be better than tsushima and days gone shitty gore.

Semi open world is nice, so like ragnarock?

Last edited:

NickFire

After reading Fall 2024, I take back all question and doubt regarding Grubb's accuracy.

Please sir, tell me more I wish to hear. :messenger_grinning:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Ill copy and paste my OP from the thread I made
Bring that shit on. I was scared this was going to be another generic, lifeless, repetitive open world that casuals jerk off to. He mentions Visceral combat, including human dismemberment. I expect this to be the most violent and hardcore looking combat since TLOU 2.

All said on this stream, its live, cant time stamp.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I hope we get the legit version of this character and not the GQ-Grizzled version that Jackman (expertly I'll say) played for so long. Wolverine is short, doughy and ugly as shit, but rugged and smells of muskrat scent so he's a hit with the ladies.

. . .and I want violence, not gore. . .like the violence of GOT.

poodaddy

Gold Member
This is when the ice team should share tlou2 gore system with insomniac to improve on it.

Hopefully it's gonna be better than tsushima and days gone shitty gore.

Semi open world is nice, so like ragnarock?
Didn't Sony say their studios coordinate and share tools and knowledge when applicable? Could be pretty feasible then. I can't wait to tear someone in half as Logan again.

He better fuckin be short though. Fuck tall Logan, that's a lie. He's a bite sized bad ass, making him tall actively detracts from the character.

NickFire

According to Grubb, lmao.

It was in Insomniac's own job hiring tweet in 2021.

Damned clown.
Mr Rogers Clown GIF

Yeah the dismemberment was already known. As was Fall 2024. But it's Wolverine bro. Let this man reassure us it will launch on time. It's Wolverine, you know?

🤡 (
I might be the clown on this, but Wolverine is and will always be my favorite, so I'll take any confirmation bias I can get

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I might be the clown on this, but Wolverine is and will always be my favorite, so I'll take any confirmation bias I can get
Nah, you're not the clown. Grubb is for acting like he has some inside scoop that has been known from the horse's mouth.

And agreed. More stoked about a current-gen only Wolverine game (hopefully with lots of physics in bar fights, etc.) than Spidey.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Didn't Sony say their studios coordinate and share tools and knowledge when applicable? Could be pretty feasible then. I can't wait to tear someone in half as Logan again.

He better fuckin be short though. Fuck tall Logan, that's a lie. He's a bite sized bad ass, making him tall actively detracts from the character.
In theory yes, in theory...

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Semi open world = meh

M rating and violence = yes
Semi open world is perfect if its done like GOW.

Lets just hope its more like the crater level than Midgard and Vanaheim. Because those levels were pretty trash compared to how dynamic and organic the crater level felt to explore.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Getting a feeling we are getting a game that will have a lot in common with the newer God of War games. I don’t know if that’s good or bad though.

GymWolf

Ill copy and paste my OP from the thread I made
We can only hope.

I really don't see wolverine beating tlou2 in sheer realistic violence tbh.
Like cutting mofos in half sure, but not with enemies doing gargles while dying or the violent microdetails that make tlou2 so good for us psycho gamers.

Happy to be disproved but i don't think that super realistic violence is in insomniac dna.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Don't care about Marvel but I gotta say, they are making the right move. There are already a lot of Marvel games out there so having one that focuses on the mature audience is a good idea.

It also fits I guess. Not having it here would be like having a Star Wars game without dismemberment... oh no.

Ristifer

Birdman Rubbing Hands GIF

All I want for it is to be as varied and bloody as the raven software game. Far be it from me to actually say it's true but a buddy of mine works for insomniac and I noticed he once liked several post about the idea. Could be nothing but could be something
Don't let Grubb see that.

• Triggered
Reactions: Fuz
I hope this isn't just another Batman Arkham combat game with Ubi open world elements. I'd like to see something new. Shoot even if they go with a more sifu mechanic. Something differentiate from other contemporary Super hero games.

bitbydeath

I don’t think his height has ever been consistent, even in the comics. Cyclops is meant to be 6 foot 3
images

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I hope this isn't just another Batman Arkham combat game with Ubi open world elements. I'd like to see something new. Shoot even if they go with a more sifu mechanic. Something differentiate from other contemporary Super hero games.
I'm expecting Arkham Asylum. More stealth. Similar combat to Spider Man. But would be happy to have it be more varied than that.

poodaddy

Gold Member
I hope we get the legit version of this character and not the GQ-Grizzled version that Jackman (expertly I'll say) played for so long. Wolverine is short, doughy and ugly as shit, but rugged and smells of muskrat scent so he's a hit with the ladies.

. . .and I want violence, not gore. . .like the violence of GOT.
All correct.... except the doughy bit. I've been reading Wolverine and X Men comics for over 30 years, he is absolutely not, and has never been, doughy. If anything he's always been portrayed as so incredibly muscular that it seems odd considering he pretty much just eats salami, smokes, and drinks lol, but hey comics are rad.

Top Bottom