• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man charged with sexually assaulting six-week-old baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElRenoRaven

Kinyou said:
Guy needs to be locked in forever, there is clearly something wrong in his head.

The good thing though is that it's incredible unlikely that the baby will have any memories of the incident or is traumatized. The long lasting injuries however will probably trouble him for the rest of his life...

Do you honestly think the kid won't ever find out what happened to him? He may not rember it but when he is old enough to ask why he has those injuries he'll find out. Then when he's old enough he'll go looking for info and find out what exactly happened to him. So there will be mental injuries too. They just haven't all happened yet.

Puddles

Banned
You guys are rooting for this guy to get prison-raped. Think about that for a second. Is our justice system so flawed that we seriously want someone's real punishment to come from something outside the system? If that's the case, we might want to rethink the punishments we dole out. Either we should bring back physical punishment for certain crimes, or we should just let the prison sentence itself be the punishment.

Relying on hardened criminals to butt-rape the guy and eventually murder him in order for us to feel satisfied that justice has been fulfilled is a pretty flawed philosophy, IMO, because we can't regulate any of that extra-judicial punishment. It's totally outside our system of law.

XeroSauce

Puddles said:
You guys are rooting for this guy to get prison-raped. Think about that for a second. Is our justice system so flawed that we seriously want someone's real punishment to come from something outside the system? If that's the case, we might want to rethink the punishments we dole out.

What, so you're saying that we make official punishments worse then rape and death? Hmm, I wonder how well that'll play out.

I'd rather him never be able to feel the joy of life again then be in protected custody and in jail for however many years.

Puddles

Banned
XeroSauce said:
What, so you're saying that we make official punishments worse then rape and death? Hmm, I wonder how well that'll play out.

I'd rather him never be able to feel the joy of life again then be in protected custody and in jail for however many years.

No, I'm saying the official punishment should be the punishment.

We shouldn't put a guy in prison with the implicit understanding that his punishment will be made worse by constant ass-rapings and that he'll probably get murdered with a shank within a few years.

As a society we should be beyond that. Either we put him to death legally or we don't. If we want to bring back physical punishments like flogging or what have you, that's a discussion we should have as a society, but we shouldn't rely on other criminals to be the torturers or executioners.

Oppo

timetokill said:
Holy shit --

-- this is one of those times that I think would have to test even some of the most ardent anti-death penalty folks.

It does. It really, really does.

Averon said:
Better yet, give him life and put him in general population. Inform the entire prison what he's in for. Before long, he'd wish he'll gotten the death penalty. Even prison inmates think child abusers are the worst of the worst and treat them accordingly.

I'm all for the death penalty but in this case I completely agree. They'll give him what he deserves.

ryan13ts said:
Once everyone in prison finds out what he's done, his butthole will never know rest again... And it'll be well deserved.

The problem is that someone fucked up enough to do this to a 6 week old baby, might very well like it.

crazygambit said:
The problem is that someone fucked up enough to do this to a 6 week old baby, might very well like it.
No one likes it when it's their turn. Especially when it comes time to knock out your teeth and dislocate your jaw.

ATF487

Nick Cave's "People Ain't No Good" just came on shuffle...very fitting to see this headline :-\

I'm wondering what is the best way to deal with people like this. I want to cause them some suffering, but keeping them in prison forever is a huge drain on resources. Maybe a live cremation?

I'm for death by prison inmate because a real death penalty would take years and cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. This guy needs to be removed from earth as quickly as possible. I don't care if it's painful or not, he just needs to be gone as quickly and cheaply as possible. Every second he lives, every breath he takes, every penny of taxpayer money that's spent to imprison him is a waste and an insult to humanity as a whole.

So every time there's a thread like this people say that the perp will get messed up in prison. Does this actually happen or is it an exaggerated occurrence?

Genesis Knight said:
So every time there's a thread like this people say that the perp will get messed up in prison. Does this actually happen or is it an exaggerated occurrence?

Exaggerated myth, unfortunately.

ElRenoRaven

LocoMrPollock said:
Oh fuck off. Not even remotely close to being the same things.

It's ok. There always has to be that one. You know the one that will tell us how evil we are instead of the guy who actually raped a 6 week old baby.

Spat_triate

Puddles said:
No, I'm saying the official punishment should be the punishment.

We shouldn't put a guy in prison with the implicit understanding that his punishment will be made worse by constant ass-rapings and that he'll probably get murdered with a shank within a few years.

As a society we should be beyond that. Either we put him to death legally or we don't. If we want to bring back physical punishments like flogging or what have you, that's a discussion we should have as a society, but we shouldn't rely on other criminals to be the torturers or executioners.

I agree with you on an intellectual level, but you know what? Fuck that! He raped a six week old baby. I could give two shits about who doles out the punishment. Sad to say but stuff like this makes me revert to medieval thinking (Judas Chair- google it).

He will probably be found unfit to stand trial and spend the rest of his life in a secure mental institution.

Puddles

Banned
I would have no problem with bringing back the cat o' nine tails for crimes like this, provided he's found guilty.

Spat_triate said:
He will probably be found unfit to stand trial and spend the rest of his life in a secure mental institution.

If it comes out that he's actually insane, then I'd agree that someone like this should be put down quickly.

But we should have a way to do that legally.

devenger

ChubbyHuggs said:
No one likes it when it's their turn. Especially when it comes time to knock out your teeth and dislocate your jaw.

This. Tattoo his crime on his forehead, open the gate to the yard, and push him in.

I am against the death penalty. This is a case of the death penalty being too good.

ChubbyHuggs said:

I would have been willing to say that no one finds a 6 week old baby sexually attractive as well...

I am tired of these sick ass fucking news threads. They all play out the same way while making us all hate the world a little bit more. There is no discussion to be had with shit like this.

WAWAZA

crying-depression.jpg

Genesis Knight said:
Exaggerated to a point. If they do get found out they are more then likely to get fucked up horribly, but most of the time these kinds of people get put in separate sections to avoid it.

ChubbyHuggs said:
Exaggerated to a point. If they do get found out they are more then likely to get fucked up horribly, but most of the time these kinds of people get put in separate sections to avoid it.
Then they'll take up painting and find Jesus.

Boozeroony

Tears For Fears said:
Amazing, people actually are shocked by this? Do all of you live in a bubble? Welcome to the real world. Humans are all monsters.

Some are.

This not rare in Africa btw. Some backward communities think raping babies cures AIDS. The stats say otherwise.

ITT: People find creative ways to torture and kill someone and pretend it's acceptable because that person is an unconvicted suspect of a year old crime.

What if it wasn't him? What if it was a family member that blamed him because he was a stranger in the house during the time the incident happened. The article doesn't say he was caught in the act...and it took a full year before they charged him.

Need more information before grabbing the torches and pitchforks.

Puddles

Banned
Real question: if it turns out that the guy is actually insane, do you still want him to suffer extreme pain and humiliation, or would you be okay with just giving him a quick death?

devenger

Did you see that cat? There's been a change in the matrix...

edit:
Puddles said:
Real question: if it turns out that the guy is actually insane, do you still want him to suffer extreme pain and humiliation, or would you be okay with just giving him a quick death?

You mean there's a chance he's not insane? Doing this is the definition of insane.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This is the kind of news I do not need to know.

Ferrio

Banned
Hey next time you find one of these stories, or something even remotely like it (dad kills son, mother dirves off cliff with a baby elephant) just keep it to yourself.

ScOULaris said:
Let's start coming up with appropriate punishments for him. I'll start us off:

- They should force-feed him shmegma while anally violating him with a hacksaw.

I'm thinking of a scene from Serpent and the Rainbow, the one involving the long nails, hammer, and the wooden chair, along with the electrocution? Yeah, this guy deserves that on a weekly basis or so while he spends the rest of his time in general population (with the other inmates knowing what he did).

The Lamp

LocoMrPollock said:
Oh fuck off. Not even remotely close to being the same things.

I'd be interested to see if you can justify sexually torturing a human being until they die as not being the same.

Vengeance != justice.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
This is probably the only unanimous thread in Gaf. I agree though obviously. Even serious sickos would vomit to that.

The Lamp said:
I'd be interested to see if you can justify sexually torturing a human being until they die as not being the same.

Vengeance != justice.
I'm really surprised how many people don't get the bolded
but then again, the death penalty is still alive and kicking in america, where most gaffers are from

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
scar tissue said:
I'm really surprised how many people don't get the bolded
but then again, the death penalty is still alive and kicking in america, where most gaffers are from
The death penalty isn't necessarily a form of vengeance. It can be useful in cases involving truly psychopathic people who will never be able to re-habilitate or contribute to society again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom