• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man captured eating KFC during vegan protest in Sydney

Bullet Club

Man captured eating KFC during vegan protest in Sydney, and the video goes viral

8KP42Tg.jpg

A man has sparked outrage among the vegan community after being seen eating fried chicken at an animal rights rally.

Video of the man chomping away at the takeaway meal was uploaded to social media app TikTok and has gone viral.

Already garnering 246.2k likes, the post appealed to viewers with the caption: "Meat eating protest in Sydney gets a hungry visitor."

On December 11, members of vegan activist group, Anonymous for the Voiceless, were rallying at Sydney's Town Hall when the man appeared.

The animal rights activists were wearing masks and blindfolds and holding screens that showed graphic videos of animals being slaughtered.

Meanwhile, the man looked on, eating what appeared to be chicken from a KFC box.

Since the video has been published, people around the world have reacted on social media.

"Why do people think it’s cool to lack empathy for other lives?” one commenter said.

"I'm not a vegetarian or anything but you're being childish," another noted.

However, some supported the heckler.

"I must put that on my bucket list. Eating #KFC at a #vegan protest," one wrote.

"Not all heroes wear capes," another said.

"The bloke eating KFC is very innovative in making his own stand against Vegans protesting and trying to force their views on others. Well played that man," one more Tweeted.

RealGassy

Banned
I would do the same. It's on a public square.
What is a man supposed to eat? Lentils? Getta fuck outta here.

KFC doesn't even look like real meat anyways. So this isn't even remotely provocative.

Last edited:

Liamario

Banned
I think some of you are trying too hard and giving this guy way too much credit for what is nothing more than childish trolling.

We eat too much meat, that's a fact. I'm not a vegan by any stretch, but we need to reduce the amount of meat we consume for numerous reasons.

So, while it's easy and edgy to jeer the protesters, there's some truth to the message.

Mihos

Gold Member
I think some of you are trying too hard and giving this guy way too much credit for what is nothing more than childish trolling.

We eat too much meat, that's a fact. I'm not a vegan by any stretch, but we need to reduce the amount of meat we consume for numerous reasons.

So, while it's easy and edgy to jeer the protesters, there's some truth to the message.

That's a hard pass from me. You do what you want, though.

Kev Kev

Im a vegetarian and even I got a good chuckle out of that picture in the OP

Sometimes I understand the point vegans are trying to make and even agree with them at times.

But man, to take it to the extreme some of them do is just totally the wrong way to go about it.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I have a problem with the treatment of chickens. They cut their beaks off to prevent them from pecking one another. That's awful. They're all just shoved in a cage and a heated blade cuts off their beak.

I'm a vegan. I hate the treatment of animals at slaughterhouses. I'm not trying to start a riot or anything, but I have my own opinions.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
I have a problem with the treatment of chickens. They cut their beaks off to prevent them from pecking one another. That's awful. They're all just shoved in a cage and a heated blade cuts off their beak.

I'm a vegan. I hate the treatment of animals at slaughterhouses. I'm not trying to start a riot or anything, but I have my own opinions.

Why not just be a vegetarian?

Despera

Banned

DwYmF3y.jpg

Semi-blind, crippled, beaks broken (they only burn off the tip of it), unable to move in any direction... Unable to mate. Can't discern shit with all the noise around them.

Even if you spare their meat and only eat their eggs you are still contributing to this inhumane practice.

Would love to change my lifestyle, but it ain't realistic at the moment. Maybe in a few years I'll have the privilege and first world leverage to enjoy a good life without animal produce. Until then...

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
KFC guy and butcher guys are the heros we need, with huge balls and magnificent testosterone levels. May their manly balls crush the soy out of these vegan cunts.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Why not just be a vegetarian?

You can be a vegetarian and still eat animal products. That means you consume dairy. Milk cows are treated pretty bad. They live shorter lives, they’re forced to give up their babies right after birth, their milk is only intended for their babies, and a lot of times they collapse due to the stress of being milked.

I’m also against the fur trade and leather companies. There are more products designed around vegans. I have a vegan wallet made from vegan leather. Paul McCartney has a good documentary called “Glass Walls” and there’s another good one called “Earthlings”. Those two films really spoke to me and I decided to change my life. I don’t sit there condemning others, but I definitely have strong emotions about the way we treat animals.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
DwYmF3y.jpg

Semi-blind, crippled, beaks broken (they only burn off the tip of it), unable to move in any direction... Unable to mate. Can't discern shit with all the noise around them.

Even if you spare their meat and only eat their eggs you are still contributing to this inhumane practice.

Would love to change my lifestyle, but it ain't realistic at the moment. Maybe in a few years I'll have the privilege and first world leverage to enjoy a good life without animal produce. Until then...
Don't you have a declaration of how animals are kept in the US? The pictured system is completely illegal here In Germany now and for eggs, we have three remaining classes: Kept on the ground (up to nine chicken per square meter), free range keeping (similar rules as for keeping on ground, but additionally, the chicken can decide to go outdoors in a more spacious area), and organic farming. I would be in favour of also ruling out the first of those options, but I like that the consumer does have the choice of getting eggs / meat from animals that were kept under better conditions.

Top Bottom