• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man captured eating KFC during vegan protest in Sydney

Papa

Banned
You can be a vegetarian and still eat animal products. That means you consume dairy. Milk cows are treated pretty bad. They live shorter lives, they’re forced to give up their babies right after birth, their milk is only intended for their babies, and a lot of times they collapse due to the stress of being milked.

I’m also against the fur trade and leather companies. There are more products designed around vegans. I have a vegan wallet made from vegan leather. Paul McCartney has a good documentary called “Glass Walls” and there’s another good one called “Earthlings”. Those two films really spoke to me and I decided to change my life. I don’t sit there condemning others, but I definitely have strong emotions about the way we treat animals.

Yeah I get all that but I just find the extremity of not using any animal products at all to be a bit irrational and just plain impractical. I really detest the vegans who latch onto it as an ideology to then browbeat others with. I think those ones care less about the animals and more about the ego boost from forcing their morals onto others.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not a vegan and never will be but everyone has a right to protest. This was a bit childish IMO.

Imagine you’ve set up a business to keep a roof over your family’s head. You work hard, and trust me running a restaurant involves hard work, and you build a customer base and you’re doing ok. Then imagine a bunch of whiny pricks protesting the existence of your business. Bear in mind they are protesting its existence. I think a counter protest like his is a good thing, it showcases his product to people who would actually eat there, and makes his point with humour.

He is a secret genius to turn up with some Fried Chicken at a Vegan's Protest.

I wish he said this to top it all off.
KCEswcl.jpg

Now as for my personal belief on Animal Welfare, I am truly all for Free Range everything (although in the UK, this is classed merely as a Metre Squared Enclosure).

True free ranged chickens are fed better and are killed more humanely (I believe Cows are injected with something though from what I remember watching, which was pretty horrible).

The UK is getting there, and is much better than what I read about US Animal Welfare. Farmers do treat their animals well at least, and try and be sustainable.

I cannot form an opinion about Australia, so I merely make a joke about the dude with the Chicken Bucket.

Last edited:

gela94

Here comes my confession . .I never ate at KFC!

What I dislike about the vegan movement is that they are trying to make everybody believe that being vegan is the most natural and heathly diet for human beings, which is just not true.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yeah I get all that but I just find the extremity of not using any animal products at all to be a bit irrational and just plain impractical. I really detest the vegans who latch onto it as an ideology to then browbeat others with. I think those ones care less about the animals and more about the ego boost from forcing their morals onto others.
Farms use animal shit for fertilizer.

Do vegetarians and vegans oppose any crops made with manure?

Top Bottom